• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarquiss_

Only interested in Skyrim but might hold off to see if it goes cheaper as a flash sale.

Also, how is Fallout: New Vegas?? Might end up buying the pack

you can just add a new billing address to your current Amazon.com account.
and no, you do not need a US credit card really...

many on GAF can attest to that

Thanks to lain and wilflare, it was much easier that what I read on the internet were it says in all places you needed a US credit card.
Had no problems now and got my keys for steam. Thanks a bunch!

1-D_FTW

Wow. I went from having six games in my cart to zero. I don't need these games. I still have Ys, TW2, and DotA2 to entertain me, plus Guild Wars 2, plus the 3DS XL which I already got four games for during Best Buy's B2G2 sale.

When was that? Was it a glitch? I've seen they were doing B2G1, but not B2G2.

kitzkozan

How is FS at 90% disappointing? Best deal of the sale so far.

Also, anyone interesting in borderlands should note it is NOT the GOTY version, which is far superior. You can get the disc GOTY on amazon for way cheaper. I consider The Secret Armory of General Knoxx a requirement for that game.

The GOTY version is also 75% off, but I'm sure someone already responded to you. :p

so Two Worlds II..any good or just ok compared to other similar games available on Steam?

I like it and I played it on PS3 which I'm sure is inferior to the PC version. Its a good adventure and it's fun to explore the world which for me is one of the most important things in a game like this.

XeroSauce

This thread moves past and expectedly my post was lost in the wave of daily deal posts about Frozen Synapse but can anybody recommend Orcs Must Die (and whether to get the DLC bundle)?

Orcs Must Die is really smooth, really fast, and really fun. It's a third-person tower defense game but holds up much better then Sanctum and has some very neat mechanics.

However, it is only single-player.

HiiiLife

Will there be any difference between the portal 2 and half life 2 in the poll? Pretty strange for it to be getting an additional sale again. (Sorry if already answered)

KotOR worth grabbing if I still have an original Xbox copy?

Does it come with the DLC planets and such?

Still holding out for a Steam version of KotOR 2 someday. Rented it, never finished. Want to play it on PC with the restoration patch. Never seen it on sale at retail either - always something like $20 or in a SW collection with other games I don't really want.

Grabbed the Frozen Synapse dlc! I'm looking forward to jumping back in to that game again, it's been too long since I've played it. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. It's an incredible game.

Lain

Thinking about getting Two Worlds II (part of my wishlist) and Dead Island (not part of my wishlist) but considering there are other games I'd like to grab before the summer sale ends (Analogue, some Lucasarts adventures, Alpha Protocol if it goes on a daily deal or flash deal, Blackwell bundle etc) I'm having lots of doubts.

kswiston

Skyrim was never going to be more than 50% off. Even at 50% off, I am pretty sure it is the lowest price it has ever been on Steam and tied with the lowest price I have ever seen the digital version sold for.

Also, Bethesda is notoriously slow to let their big games hit the 75% off discount. Games from other developers will get 75% discounts pretty quickly (Brink, Fallout New Vegas), but it took a couple years to regularly see Fallout 3 and Oblivion offered for 75% off.

Those who would rather wait on Skyrim until the digital GOTY edition is the same price as today's daily deal should know that they probably have a 18-24 month wait. If the previous games are anything to go by, it will take Bethesda about a year before they are done with Skyrim DLC. After that we have a few months before they release a GOTY edition and a few more months before that GOTY edition is on sale for 50% OFF. Vanilla Skyrim will get a price drop and better discounts before then though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I got 90 hours out of Tropico 4 + Modern Times -- well worth it. One of my personal sleeper hits this year.

I bought Tropico on GMG...then bugged them about DLC and they said they would get it, but still no word. So I said, fuck it, and got this bundle.

LOOOOOOVE me some El Presidente Action!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Do I need to play the other Ys games to understand the one on flash sale?

I got Borderlands as a four pack and suggest that everybody to do so. This way you can guarantee 3 other players at the same level with you to start a coop. And the game is a whole lot better when you play coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom