• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread moves past and expectedly my post was lost in the wave of daily deal posts about Frozen Synapse but can anybody recommend Orcs Must Die (and whether to get the DLC bundle)?

Woah Frozen Synapse price change? They should honor the original price, I probably would have bought it after thinking about it...

And I want to jump on Sam and Max, but I'm a future Mac owner, and season one being PC only is a bummer.

KOTOR is the only thing calling to me, but I kind of hate Star Wars. Borrowed the Xbox version from a friend and returned it to him a couple days later. Couldn't get into it.

But 2.49?.... Damn.

Sarcasm

I kind of want to play Skyrim on a Not Busted platform (PS3 version, kind stopped playing that game). But only 50% off...$29 for Skyrim, or just do the $49 pack and get all of New Vegas too?

Let me know if a Dead Island resurgence happens, I'd like to play some more, never got near the ending of it.

Better off getting pack. Skyrim at that price by itself is not worth it since there will be a GOTY version. Though even the pack is kinda iffy. No FO3/Oblv/MW.

LM4sure

Banned
This thread moves past and expectedly my post was lost in the wave of daily deal posts about Frozen Synapse but can anybody recommend Orcs Must Die (and whether to get the DLC bundle)?

I have Orcs Must Die. Put a few hours in. It's pretty good if you like those tower defense games. I think it's only single player though which kind of stinks

Einbroch

Banned
Wow. I went from having six games in my cart to zero. I don't need these games. I still have Ys, TW2, and DotA2 to entertain me, plus Guild Wars 2, plus the 3DS XL which I already got four games for during Best Buy's B2G2 sale.

Alex

I've spent 140 bucks between this and amazon, and I ain't done. On the plus side I made 400 dollars quitting diablo iii so I'm just spending stupid on stupid!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Woah Frozen Synapse price change? They should honor the original price, I probably would have bought it after thinking about it...

This happens about once to twice per major sale--something is accidentally over-discounted and fixed within 10-15 minutes. Previous "victims" from previous sales: The Witcher, SSFIV(AE?), Dead Island...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Everyone better buy Frozen Synapse or you'll get to know MY WRATH.

(the price is for 2 copies)

And I want to jump on Sam and Max, but I'm a future Mac owner, and season one being PC only is a bummer.

KOTOR is the only thing calling to me, but I kind of hate Star Wars. Borrowed the Xbox version from a friend and returned it to him a couple days later. Couldn't get into it.

But 2.49?.... Damn.

Its still great value. GREAT value.

Caelestis

I mean... it has been in the top 3 sellers since it was released at $60, how low were you expecting? ;p

The pack deal and 50% off are pretty great.

I wasn't expecting anything, but was hoping for $20-$25 may be. Otherwise I can wait as I got enough to play as is. :p

Aaron

Is there a list of hidden bargains? I noticed someone bought Blades of Time on my friend's list, which was 75% off. Not highly rated, but I really like the game. Any other secret deals?

McNum

Skyrim half off?

Fine, I'll take it. See if it's better than Morrowind. Never liked that game, but I did like the 3D Fallouts, so I'll give Skyrim a shot. I hope the character creation is a bit more user friendly this time around.

yamo

What didn't you like about it? I found the demo to be pretty interesting, but I have so many strategy games atm I decided to pass on it for now.

It just felt like a really barebone version of Civ 5 with a fantasy theme on top. I rather continue play Civ tbh.

Shambles

Stuck at work but no access to Steam...

But with the help of the trusty Steam application on my phone, I was able to grab Y's Origins for 8 dollars. I was going to grab it day 1 of the sales, but I'm glad I waited to get it even cheaper! yay!

Derp, if you can post on this forum you have access to steam. You've heard of this internet thing right?

Koroviev

Wow. I went from having six games in my cart to zero. I don't need these games. I still have Ys, TW2, and DotA2 to entertain me, plus Guild Wars 2, plus the 3DS XL which I already got four games for during Best Buy's B2G2 sale.

I could dive into my pile of unplayed games like Scrooge McDuck :(

bonesquad

Thanks....and dammit Vessel is in the Wednesday bundle and there's nothing else that I want in that bundle... Might as well buy it right away.

Don't! A few of the bundle games already appeared on their own as flash deals. There's a chance Vessel could as well. Might as well wait to see if that happens because half the fun of a Steam sale is getting a game as cheap as possible:)

Meier

I got 90 hours out of Tropico 4 + Modern Times -- well worth it. One of my personal sleeper hits this year.

I bought it from Amazon originally and Modern Times from Gamefly, so no achievements or game clock for me sadly. I wish you could activate it on Steam. :(

HoosTrax

The question mark above their heads makes me think that CyL is excluding himself, as usual.
Maybe CyL knows something that they don't. Maybe that tree is home to a nest of deadly Africanized Honeybees.

Yeah but the rope ladder is off the ground so even if he wanted to hang out with them how could he?
He's a cat, for crying out loud. Are you implying he can't climb trees on his own.

Everyone better buy Frozen Synapse or you'll get to know MY WRATH.

(the price is for 2 copies)

Its still great value. GREAT value.

Heh. Don't doubt it. Ill wait and see what the flash sales are like for the rest of the day before I jump on Synapse though.

TaKeRx

I'll be starting a 4 pack for Dead Island soon. Please PM me to get in the group.

It'll be $7.65 each.

Wow, that was fast. All gone

Amzin

Is there any reason to get Borderlands at this point, with Borderlands 2 coming out soon? It's not like I need another game to play at the moment~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom