• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone recommend me a completely random indie game. I have a bunch of games I know for a fact I probably won't play. I'd rather have a game or two to start up later on when I'm done with the games I'm already focused on.

Only game that caught my attention was PixelJunk Eden because of the name, and how it used to be on PSn, and I guess it was praised or something. I looked at it but didn't read into how it plays.

GO

i've never done a 4 pack before how does it work? I might have 4 people interested in Dead Island, do ONE of us have to pay it all though and then see if they get their money back after or does each person pay individually and then the pack "validates"?

Also: Still debating on Dead Island itself, is it worth it for CO-OP play?

Bentendo

Damage:

-Alice
-The Binding of Isaac
-Darksiders
-Frozen Synapse
-Legend of Grimrock
-Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
-Portal 1
-Saints Row: The Third
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary
-Trine 2

Will be getting:

-Orcs Must Die
-Skyrim
-Dead Island
-Tropico 4
-Borderlands

Today.

Minion101

Banned
Someone recommend me a completely random indie game. I have a bunch of games I know for a fact I probably won't play. I'd rather have a game or two to start up later on when I'm done with the games I'm already focused on.

Only game that caught my attention was PixelJunk Eden because of the name, and how it used to be on PSn, and I guess it was praised or something. I looked at it but didn't read into how it plays.

GO

Shatter was great on psn

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
To get people for the "2-pack" on Frozen Synapse, please refer to the thread I just created for that:

xLkoO.jpg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482539

Its a great, great, great, great game.

i've never done a 4 pack before how does it work? I might have 4 people interested in Dead Island, do ONE of us have to pay it all though and then see if they get their money back after or does each person pay individually and then the pack "validates"?

One person buys. 3 others paypal gift the money to said person. Said person trades out the 3 gift copies.

Damage so far this sale:

Total War 2: Shogun
Indie Bundle II
PAYDAY: The Heist
Ys Origin

Kind of sad the Metro 2033 deal didn't go through as the community choice, but saved me some cash I guess. I don't foresee myself buying much else, unless Yesterday and The Ship end up as daily/flash deals.

Shambles

So which way to vote on the community choice? It seems like some of the options have already been on sale for that price already. I don't really need any of them, what say you community?

derExperte

Someone has to pay the whole price, then send the games as gifts to the others.

KingKong

so for Dead Island, is the Ryder White DLC a separate campaign or just a few missions or just a different character skin?

it sounds like a campaign but then why does it cost as much as the other DLC which is just a few challenge maps

Pyccko

Hmm, I think I'm gonna wait on Skyrim for possibility of that Elder Scrolls Collection pack they added to the registry earlier. And if that doesn't happen, I bet they'll put Skyrim back on sale on the last day or something. HERE'S HOPING

The Kid

How does KOTOR play on Windows 7? Also, has there been any additional info on whether the rumored KOTOR 1 and 2 pack is a real thing? I've wanted to get KOTOR 1 for a while but would wait if that pack gives me both games and is better optimized

Miker

Anybody want to offer thoughts on Sam & Max complete for $12.50? I loved Sam & Max Hit the Road, but I tried the first episode of Season 1 and I couldn't get into it. I'll be honest and say that I dislike Telltale's engine and how everything looks...untextured.

dosh

Yeah but the rope ladder is off the ground so even if he wanted to hang out with them how could he?

Well, they left a few planks and a hammer on the ground, so I guess he could use that. But I see your point. He was killing bugs earlier though, instead of helping the other two.

delirium

As someone with only $6 on Paypal to pay for any games, none of the sales so far as strike me as good.

Hopefully we'll get some good games tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Salsa will be Brink Leaderboard first come next month. Calling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom