• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twie

I know nothing about the Ys games, but they look really fun!
Should I play Ys Origins first or Ys: The Oath in Felghana? I'm guessing Origins makes more sense story wise, but I have no idea.

Naite

I'm thinking about getting Dead Island. How's the online community? None of my friends have the game for PC so I'd be playing with randoms if I did get it.

God, I love and hate this thread at the same time! Every time I peek in here, I'm getting more and more recommendations for games that I don't think my wallet could handle. Guess I'll just throw some of them into my wishlist for later...

Wok

Frozen Synapse at 90% off? Tempting, very tempting.

Just got the 'heavy load error message.'

I was going to purchase it with that discount. And then I got the same error message. Finally, I got it at 80% off. Still a great deal to gift some copies away!

kswiston

Skyrim worth at 30?

It was worth the $46 I paid to preorder the game. As always YMMV depending on how much you like open world rpgs. If you liked/loved Fallout 3 and Oblivion you will probably like/love Skyrim as well. I don't think the questlines are as good as they have been in a few other Bethesda games, but I liked the exploration and world in Skyrim better than Fallout 3 or Oblivion. It is definitely pretty, and it feels more fantastical than Oblivion. Dragons are awesome as well. Especially the first few.

If you don't like open world rpgs, and hated Oblivion/Fallout 3, $30 is a lot to gamble on something you will probably not like.

Only three days in. This has been a great sale.

Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Anomaly Warzone
Cave Story
Dead Island
EDGE
Hard Reset
Lone Survivor
Payday: The Heist
Pixeljunk Eden
Final Hours of Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Spacechem (from an awesome gaffer!)
Tribes Ascend Starter Pack

Hoping for a Renegade Ops flash or daily and I think that's all for me. Also, officially over the 100 game mark!

justjim89

My damage so far:

Terreria: $2.50
The Witcher 2: $24
Alan Wake's American Nightmare: $3.74

Total: $30.24

Not too bad. I spent all the money I'll have til Monday, so fuck the rest of the weekend sales I guess. Although I would like Skyrim, but oh well. Witcher 2 will eat up a lot of time. Still probably going to at least get Penumbra Bundle, Alan Wake, and Fallout 3 GOTY if it goes on sale when I have monies.

yogloo

Tropico, just buy the game and modern times or the bundle? Modern times requires vanilla to run right?
Borderlands, dlc worth it?

If someone wants Super Meat Boy
ITS 75% OFF AND ITS SAYS ITS ON FLASH SALE WITH 7 HOURS TO GO.

The strange thinh is that it doesnt appear in the fornt page as a flash sale. Does that mean there are secret flash sales?

What If I have lost again the batman Arkham City sale again becuase it was a secret?!

ektoll

What are the chances of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet being a daily/flash deal? I've been interested in that for a while.

I'm also interested in ITSP, but it's possible that one day, it will be in an Indie Bundle, so I won't bite...

I'm interested in Telltale pack, Alan wake collection (missed the flash) and Bioshock collec (same!) and maybe Star Wars complete pack...

Chris R

Ys Origin looks pretty cool, but I think I can wait to buy it until the next sale if it is only going down 60% instead of 75%+

And why does Two Worlds II not have a combo pack :( Friend was kinda interested in it but only for potential Co-op opportunity. Since he doesn't have a machine that could run it right now if I bought it for both of us it would go unplayed for quite some time :(

feel

Woke up, added a bunch of stuff to the cart and then on the last stage of checkout:
Code:
An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.
Have been retrying for the last 5 minutes. Is this some problem on my end? :(

Chaos

Someone recommend me a completely random indie game. I have a bunch of games I know for a fact I probably won't play. I'd rather have a game or two to start up later on when I'm done with the games I'm already focused on.

Only game that caught my attention was PixelJunk Eden because of the name, and how it used to be on PSn, and I guess it was praised or something. I looked at it but didn't read into how it plays.

GO

I picked up Defense Grid on a whim ages ago and its really good.
Also enjoyed Cave Story.

dosh

Skyrim worth at 30?

It has its flaws (the sword combat system is still bland and boring as fuck - but it's well balanced by the GLORIOUS marksmanship), but it's a great game if you love open worlds and nordic settings.
Add a few mods, and it goes from "really good" to "fantastic".

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You guys think any games from an indie bundle could be flash deals? Like could ITSP go for lower eventually?

sazzy

People who need to refer to their Steam sale purchases as 'ZOMG DAMAGE!!!' need to stop.

You're buying the stuff you are/aren't going to play. You are responsible for how you spend your money. If you can't control yourself, seek professional help.

Chaos

List of big discount games posted on the steam forums -

- 75% off or more -

- Alpha Prime - 75% (Reviews done before needed patch. Players enjoyed it)
- Altitude - 75%
- And Yet It Moves - 75%
- A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda - 75%
- Audiosurf - 75%
- Avencast - 75%
- Aztaka - 75%
- Bard's Tale - 75%
- Blades of Time - 75%
- Broken Sword Series - 75%
- Call of Juarez - 75% (Discount depends on region)
- Cargo: A Quest for Gravity - 75%
- Choplifter HD - 75%
- Chrome Pack - 75%
- Commandos Collection - 75%
- Cradle Bundle (3 games) - 75% (Puzzle and Hidden Object games)
- Critical Mass - 75% (Puzzle)
- Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 75%
- DCS Blackshark - 75% (Flight Sim)
- Delve Deeper - 75%
- Dejobaan Complete Pack (4 games + 1 DLC) - 75%
- Delve Deeper - 75% (DLC 76%)
- Diamond Dan - 75%
- Eschalon: Books 1 & 2 - 75% each (Personal Favorite)
- Gish - 75%
- Grand Ages: Rome - 75%
- Grotesque Tactics Series - 75% (Players enjoyed it, critics did not)
- Hard Reset: Extended Edition - 75% (Includes new DLC for free)
- Heroes of Annihilated Empires - 75%
- Hydrophobia - 75%
- Ion Assault - 75%
- Inside a Star-Filled Sky - 75%
- Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - 75%
- Kohan Series - 75% (Recommend only Ahriman's Gift and Kings of War)
- Larva Mortus - 75%
- Legend of Fae - 75%
- Monster Trucks Nitro - 75%
- Nation Red - 75%
- Naval Warfare - 75%
- Night Sky - 75%
- Nimbus - 75%
- Order of War - 75%
- Penumbra Series - 75%
- PixelJunk Eden - 80%
- Plain Sight - 75%
- Post Mortem - 75%
- Project Aftermath - 75%
- Project Freedom - 75% (Very Cheap!)
- Puzzle Indie Pack (4 games) - 75% (Meridian 4 Pack includes these games)
- Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - 75% (Check forums for compatibility fixes)
- Scratches: Director's Cut - 75%
- Saira - 75%
- Section 8: Prejudice - 75% (Multiplayer)
- Shatter - 75%
- "Shooter" Series (Alien and Zombie) - 75%
- Solar 2 - 75%
- Star Ruler - 75%
- Starscape- 75%
- Stellar Impact - 75% (MOBA)
- Still Life Series - 75%
- Syberia - 75%
- The Maw - 75%
- The Ship* - 75% (Comes with two extra gift copies)
- The Tiny Bang Story - 75%
- Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! - 80%
- Trials 2 - 75%
- Trino - 75%
- Wings of Prey - 75%
- World of Goo - 75%
- Xotic - 75%

OniShiro

Banned
People who need to refer to their Steam sale purchases as 'ZOMG DAMAGE!!!' need to stop.

You're buying the stuff you are/aren't going to play. You are responsible for how you spend your money. If you can't control yourself, seek professional help.

I see you are not a fan of irony

Tropico, just buy the game and modern times or the bundle? Modern times requires vanilla to run right?
Borderlands, dlc worth it?
I'd suggest playing the Tropico 4 demo, if you haven't already, before buying it. My girlfriend was a fan of the series and regretted buying it for whatever reason.

Unicorn

Woke up, added a bunch of stuff to the cart and then on the last stage of checkout:
Code:
An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.
Have been retrying for the last 5 minutes. Is this some problem on my end? :(

I'm getting this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom