• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

oh also, does anyone know if you can do that alternate control mode that the Giant Bomb guys talked about in Dead Island using mouse/keyboard controls?

Xater

Frozen Synapse is awesome! Everyone should buy it! I did not yet have the DLC so I was very please to see that it was 80% off as well.

BTW what is the over/under in Cave Story+ getting a daily deal?

Dimorphic

Wallet damage so far:

- Mafia 2
- Trine 2
- AW: American Nightmare
- Saints Row The Third
- The Witcher Enhanced Edition
- Star Wars Republic Commando
- Metro 2033 (from GMG as it didn't win the community vote)

And I'm pretty close to buying Borderlands and Dead Island.

Anybody want to offer thoughts on Sam & Max complete for $12.50? I loved Sam & Max Hit the Road, but I tried the first episode of Season 1 and I couldn't get into it. I'll be honest and say that I dislike Telltale's engine and how everything looks...untextured.
They're great. Season 3 is some of the best Sam & Max content yet. Totally worth playing through them all. Just keep in mind that they get better as the seasons progress. Like episode 1 is kinda shake-y but by 3-5 it's fantastic.

Guys.

Binary Domain is a really good game. If it comes up as a deal, it's worth the money. Damn, very sad it didnt sell well. Would buy a sequel in a heartbeat.

dosh

Guys, what's the best Borderlands DLC? I only feel like buying one of them.

I'd say Zombie, because it's fun, has zombies and it's a nice change of scenery. Secret Armory is a huge fragfest though.
Just avoid Moxxi.

Edit: if you love acid weapons, buy Secret Armory: zombies in Doc Ned are impervious to acid (and that made me sad, until I went all fiery)

kswiston

My take so far:

- Grimrock: $6
- Crusader Kings Sword of Islam: $2.50
- Warlock: $6.80
- Ys Origin: $8

Total: ~$23

I should be able to stay on budget ($50 total). I will pick up the other Ys game for $5 later in the sale, but other than that I am just looking for some good indie deals, and maybe a couple older retail games for $5.

It's sort of funny that during your first Steam sale or two, relatively recent games for $25 seem like no-brainer purchases. However, as your library grows and you see more and more of those previously $25 games hit $5-10 before you have played/beaten them, everything over $10 seems expensive. If I am not invested enough to want a game at launch, I can usually wait the year or so it takes for the title to hit the $5-10 price point.

Unicorn

I see Dirt 2 is 75% off at $5 and Dirt 3 is 50% off at $25.

I am going to wait on Dirt 3 for a potential Daily deal for less, but how do the 2 compare? I heard that Dirt 3 had some stupid events and that lead for them to make Showdown, to put all the dumb events into one game.

How much of a graphical/physics improvement is Dirt 3 over Dirt 2?

Bentendo

Gonna be interesting to see the top sellers today. Obviously Skyrim will be number one but I can't wait to see who takes the next few spots.

I am going to wait on Dirt 3 for a potential Daily deal for less, but how do the 2 compare? I heard that Dirt 3 had some stupid events and that lead for them to make Showdown, to put all the dumb events into one game.

I've only ever heard about how dirt 2 is better than 3 in every way.

I'd like to have Walking Dead at $13 too.

Wait for the christmas sale. Maybe even the halloween one.

Dirt 2 is the best Dirt. Get it. It's great. 3 just didn't hook me the same way.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Speaking of Binary Domain the deal on Amazon ends today at 12 am PST. So either buy it now or get a US gaffer and send them money to for the code.

PaulLFC

The day for me to buy Tropico 4 has arrived!

But do I buy just the base game or the pack with all the DLC included for double the price?

Tropico 4 and the Modern Times DLC for me today. I have almost everything that's on sale today.

Still undecided about the Ryder White DLC for Dead Island, though.

Unicorn

I've only ever heard about how dirt 2 is better than 3 in every way.

Wait for the christmas sale. Maybe even the halloween one.

Dirt 2 is the best Dirt. Get it. It's great. 3 just didn't hook me the same way.

Thanks. Definitely getting Dirt 2.

So far:

Frozen Synapse DLC
Wizorb
Dirt 2
$8.77

Still digging around for some secret sale stuff.

I feel there should be a separate thread showing the hidden gems of this sale, the stuff not on the front page, but still 75% off etc.

Contemplating hosting a Dead Island 4-pack, as I keep missing out on other ones. Do I have to buy it as a gift, or can I buy it for "my account" and then gift the other 3 later?

Never done this before. Please be gentle!

masterkajo

How does KOTOR play on Windows 7? Also, has there been any additional info on whether the rumored KOTOR 1 and 2 pack is a real thing? I've wanted to get KOTOR 1 for a while but would wait if that pack gives !@#$%^&* both !@#$%^&* and is better optimized

I run into some small problems. The widescreen patcher helps a lot but there are chances that the games crashes when a video is playing (there are NOT a lot of rendered videos though). If you run it in windowed mode (not fullscreen) the videos work 100% of the time, AFAIK, at least for me. I really enjoyed it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
To get people for the "2-pack" on Frozen Synapse, please refer to the thread I just created for that:

xLkoO.jpg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482539

Its a great, great, great, great game. More info/reviews/vid at link. Buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom