• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what will happen when they're done building that tree house.
I smell a link to the badges (architect, builder, etc) and hope it won't be Portal 2 all over again.

Palehorse

Bump for looking for a Dead Island 4 pack to join. I'm ready to go right now....I'm practically busting a nut to bust some zombies....for cheap.

KPunk

so far

Saints Row: The Third
Frozen Synapse (Complete Edition)

Arma 2 hopefully very soon. Gunna hold off a little longer on Skyrim.

Baust

Went for Ys Origin. Not sure about The Oath in Felghana yet though. I'm hoping it'll be on a flash sale or something, but $5.09 is low enough already. Hm...

Good to see Ys Origin doing some serious damage in the best sellers chart, currently sitting pretty at the #3 spot, with two hours and 40 minutes of its flash sale to go.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get some more impressions on either Hard Reset or Audiosurf? Do these games feel complete, polished, and fun?

Audiosurf is my most played game on Steam. It's pretty much exactly what's advertised. When I find a good song, it's fun to run it though Audiosurf to see what kind of track it comes up with, and due to the music I listen to, I usually get pretty challenging tracks.

I can see it not really being for everyone though.

Nabs

Can I get some more impressions on either Hard Reset or Audiosurf? Do these games feel complete, polished, and fun?

Audiosurf may be my favorite game on Steam, and Hard Reset is one of my favorite games of last year. Both are great games, and both are incredible deals.

kswiston

Audiosurf is a music game that uses your music collection to generate game levels, so your enjoyment of it will largely be tied to how much you like music. It sort of plays like a combination of Guitar Hero and Wipeout, and there are enough difficulties and game modes to keep you challenged. I'd definitely recommend it for $2-5.

I can't speak for Hard Reset

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
As a huge fan of Frequency and Amplitude, Audiosurf always felt completely bland and boring to me, without any impact on hitting or missing notes :/

Palehorse

Same question

Looking at dead island, is it worth that price?

I've heard it's not bad, fun enough. Certainly worth a 1/4 of a 4 pack I think! I've been waiting for the Summer Sale just for Dead Island to get a daily. It's here now. My plan is going exactly to...uhh...plan.

Now to find that ever elusive 4 pack to join for maximum savings!

dosh

Visually, Audiosurf can feel a bit... dated I'd say. But it's really fun to play. In a very idle sort of way. I spent an insane amount of time on this game, playing Mono ou Godspeed tracks for hours :D

clav

Audiosurf:

It's good for rhythmic songs.

However, I listen to music to relax.

If you're on the fence, don't bother. You'll probably play it once and never play it again.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't there a Ys collection in the registry? I might hop on Ys Origin now and see if Oath gets any cheaper.

Nope, no collection.

Oath is going to be in the day 5 indie bundle though.

Which to play first ys origin or felghana?

They're structured differently, and the plots aren't directly related at all. So you can't really go wrong with either. Oath in Felghana seems to be what most are recommending to play first, and I can see that since it's something more traditional.

kswiston

Went for Ys Origin. Not sure about The Oath in Felghana yet though. I'm hoping it'll be on a flash sale or something, but $5.09 is low enough already. Hm...

At best, Oath will be discounted to 75% off, which means you would be out $1.35 if it gets a daily or flash sale. Also, indie games are usually priced low from the start and don't get further MSRP drops. So, $3.75 is about as low as Oath of Felghana will be sold for in future sales. Up to you if that $1.35 is worth waiting on.

List of big discount games posted on the steam forums -

- 75% off or more -

- Alpha Prime - 75% (Reviews done before needed patch. Players enjoyed it)
- Altitude - 75%
- And Yet It Moves - 75%
- A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda - 75%
- Audiosurf - 75%
- Avencast - 75%
- Aztaka - 75%
- Bard's Tale - 75%
- Blades of Time - 75%
- Broken Sword Series - 75%
- Call of Juarez - 75% (Discount depends on region)
- Cargo: A Quest for Gravity - 75%
- Choplifter HD - 75%
- Chrome Pack - 75%
- Commandos Collection - 75%
- Cradle Bundle (3 games) - 75% (Puzzle and Hidden Object games)
- Critical Mass - 75% (Puzzle)
- Dark Fall: Lost Souls - 75%
- DCS Blackshark - 75% (Flight Sim)
- Delve Deeper - 75%
- Dejobaan Complete Pack (4 games + 1 DLC) - 75%
- Delve Deeper - 75% (DLC 76%)
- Diamond Dan - 75%
- Eschalon: Books 1 & 2 - 75% each (Personal Favorite)
- Gish - 75%
- Grand Ages: Rome - 75%
- Grotesque Tactics Series - 75% (Players enjoyed it, critics did not)
- Hard Reset: Extended Edition - 75% (Includes new DLC for free)
- Heroes of Annihilated Empires - 75%
- Hydrophobia - 75%
- Ion Assault - 75%
- Inside a Star-Filled Sky - 75%
- Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - 75%
- Kohan Series - 75% (Recommend only Ahriman's Gift and Kings of War)
- Larva Mortus - 75%
- Legend of Fae - 75%
- Monster Trucks Nitro - 75%
- Nation Red - 75%
- Naval Warfare - 75%
- Night Sky - 75%
- Nimbus - 75%
- Order of War - 75%
- Penumbra Series - 75%
- PixelJunk Eden - 80%
- Plain Sight - 75%
- Post Mortem - 75%
- Project Aftermath - 75%
- Project Freedom - 75% (Very Cheap!)
- Puzzle Indie Pack (4 games) - 75% (Meridian 4 Pack includes these games)
- Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - 75% (Check forums for compatibility fixes)
- Scratches: Director's Cut - 75%
- Saira - 75%
- Section 8: Prejudice - 75% (Multiplayer)
- Shatter - 75%
- "Shooter" Series (Alien and Zombie) - 75%
- Solar 2 - 75%
- Star Ruler - 75%
- Starscape- 75%
- Stellar Impact - 75% (MOBA)
- Still Life Series - 75%
- Syberia - 75%
- The Maw - 75%
- The Ship* - 75% (Comes with two extra gift copies)
- The Tiny Bang Story - 75%
- Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! - 80%
- Trials 2 - 75%
- Trino - 75%
- Wings of Prey - 75%
- World of Goo - 75%
- Xotic - 75%

Any of these timed? Also, could you update post w/ links? Thanks in advance.

Slightly undecided on whether to buy Ys Origin now or wait for future sale w/ bigger discount.

alphaNoid

Banned
So L4D2 will win, right GAF?

I hope, I've been waiting for a good sale for like 2 years
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom