• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

So far I got the Isaac dlc and Ys: Origin. I'm keeping my eys on the Oath in Felghana hoping it goes even cheaper in a daily.

Other games I'm planning to get before the sale is over:

• IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
  • Wings of Prey
  • Indie Game: The Movie

Games I'm hoping go even cheaper than they are already:

• Virtua Tennis 4
  • Fuel
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Q.U.B.E

During the winter sale we a thread with overlooked games that were worth buying, does anyone have any good recommendations or underappreciated games that would be worth buying?

Another update on build a bundle 2. You can buy the bundle now, it hasn't gone live yet but its a minimum $1 for one game and 3 games is $2.01 up to the maximum 12 games for $6 minimum.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)

Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)

Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)

Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)

Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]

Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)

Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]

Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)

Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]

Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Berto

So far:

Alan Wake American Nightmare
From Dust
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Trine 2
PixelJunk Eden
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
RACE 07 - RETRO Expansion Pack
Post Mortem

20€ so far, not bad!

GiJoccin

ugh i wanted to wait for arma 2 daily/flash, and my brother goes and buys it WITHOUT the expansion pack because he wanted to "play Day Z"

Booted up Ys Origin now and I'm liking what I'm seeing, but the controls are a bit weird with KB+M. Is there consensus on what the best control scheme is?

Baust

At best, Oath will be discounted to 75% off, which means you would be out $1.35 if it gets a daily or flash sale. Also, indie games are usually priced low from the start and don't get further MSRP drops. So, $3.75 is about as low as Oath of Felghana will be sold for in future sales. Up to you if that $1.35 is worth waiting on.
That definitely makes me feel better about it. I'm thinking I'll wait to see that Indie Bundle 5 with it in there before I bite at this point.

sp3000

Can I get some more impressions on either Hard Reset or Audiosurf? Do these games feel complete, polished, and fun?

Hard Reset is the best singleplayer FPS of 2011

Very old school, fast paced combat. Also one of the best looking games ever made.

Monarch

Banned
So I have a question, don't know if it was answered before but anyway.
When a game goes on sale on the daily deals (like Skyrim today), can he comes back even more cheap later on ?

So far:
- SF4: AE
- Saints Row 3
- Bioshock 1 & 2
- Plants vs Zombies
- BoI DLC
- Half Life Collection.
- Lume
- Portal 2 (x2)
- Sonic Generations

I'm such a mess... Oh well.

When a game goes on sale on the daily deals (like Skyrim today), can he comes back even more cheap later on ?

So far, the Daily Deal/Flash Deal has been the lowest price, and we have not seen a Daily Deal show up as a Flash Deal, or vice versa (not including bundles).

Speevy

Banned
Stuff I've bought

-Indie Bundle 3 $9.99
-Portal 2 $4.99
-Gish $2.49
-From Dust $3.74
-Rayman Origins $14.99
-Patricians and Merchants Bundle $2.99

Gifts:

-The Legend of Grimrock $5.99
-Payday: The Heist: $4.99
-Terraria: $2.49

So a little bit over $50 so far. I'm trying to stay below $100 for the total sale, but it doesn't look likely.

Deliverance

Neo Member
Another update on build a bundle 2. You can buy the bundle now, it hasn't gone live yet but its a minimum $1 for one game and 3 games is $2.01 up to the maximum 12 games for $6 minimum.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)

Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)

Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)

Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)

Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]

Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)

Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]

Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)

Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]

Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Great, I was going to buy Syberia II, now I'll wait until that bundle goes live! I'm planning on getting Alien Breed: Impact and Tiny Bang Story to achieve the 3 minimum.

Should I get anything else?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
how big are the chances for emergency 2012 hitting a daily/flash deal?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I know it is hammered into us to not get anything that isn't on a daily deal usually, but are we allowed to buy the flash sales too? lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, thus far, the only game that has been a Daily and may potentially be heavily discounted again (as Community's Choice) is Portal 2, but even if it does win the vote, the discount will be the very same as when it was a Daily: 75%. Basically, the only evidence we have points to select Dailies reappearing as Community's Choice candidates with the same discount as earlier, not greater.

Edit: Derp, fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom