• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm considering getting Ys Origin but I'm curious. Would I be lost on the plot if I just bought Ys Oath in Felghana instead? I haven't played either and I'm willing to give them a try but I don't know if I should wait for next steam sale and hope Origin hits -75%.

The two plots are basically unrelated. With the exception of Ys II (which kind of requires Ys I), the whole series is stand-alone enough so you can play them in any order.

Origin does heavily reference some things in I & II, but it's little more than cameos. If anything, if you ever play those games you'll find it pretty neat.

Dynamic3

Ys Origin was a missed community choice, and it's now a flash sale. There's no reason you shouldn't wait until the final day to see if Witcher 2 goes further on sale.

Evidence enough for me to wait until it hits at $16.

I hope it's soon though, I can't wait to play it.

Retne

The two plots are basically unrelated. With the exception of Ys II (which kind of requires Ys I), the whole series is stand-alone enough so you can play them in any order.

Origin does heavily reference some things in I & II, but it's little more than cameos. If anything, if you ever play those games you'll find it pretty neat.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give Oath a try then and if I dig it I'll grab Origin in the next sale then.

That's neat. Yeah I picked it up just now and I guess I'm going to install it and see what it's about. Still waiting on Oath though.

I felt like Falcom deserved some support, I mean Origin was out a little more than a month ago, that's a great price.

Absolutely 0. The game was basically targeted at Europe only. Although it is available in the US, it doesn't have any artwork on Steam on your wish list for example. It's a totally neglected title. It will not be a daily deal.

I gifted it to Kabouter a few years ago and thought the same thing then, hahahah.

Lol, i always wanted emergency 2012. Its number 1 in my steam want list.
Is it any good?

It seems that the Tropico 4 Bundle is more expensive then buying separately, is that a Steam error or am I not seeing one of the DLC because of region blocking?

Dartastic

Amazon has Bioshock 2 for 7.49 and a dual pack with Bio 1+2 for 9.99. :)
Can I redeem a code on Steam?!?!?!
3AQmK.gif

Oh god you can, and the dual pack is 7.49. Way better than Steam. Wow.

Hawk269

Hard Reset is the best singleplayer FPS of 2011

Very old school, fast paced combat. Also one of the best looking games ever made.

agree. It is a game that was made solely for PC with no hint at it being a console game in the future. That is why it looks so damn good.

jarosh

The Indie Bundles are a huge disappointment. :(

And how is Dustforce not part of any bundle and not discounted AT ALL during this sale? WTF!

fushi

Absolutely 0. The game was basically targeted at Europe only. Although it is available in the US, it doesn't have any artwork on Steam on your wish list for example. It's a totally neglected title. It will not be a daily deal.

I gifted it to Kabouter a few years ago and thought the same thing then, hahahah.
Have you played it yourself? Any fun?

It looks mighty interesting and I've always been into games with niche themes...

Link Man

Banned
Update time!

Link Man's Summer Sale Totals

Legend of Grimrock $5.99
Ys Origin $7.99
Skyrim $29.79

Remaining Wallet Total: $6.23

Going to wait and see if there's a sale on Oath in Felghana, but I'll be fine if there's not. Also, thinking about doing the Gamestop trade (extra 30%) with Dark Souls, seeing as the PC version is coming and I can probably get it next Summer.

O.DOGG

Dead Island looks cool but I have no one to play coop with so I think I'll skip it for now and spend the cash on the SSF4 costume pack.

kswiston

Ys Origins is currently the #3 best seller on Steam after Skyrim and Max Payne 3 which are 3 times. Skyrim is probably the best selling Steam game of all time by revenue (if not copies sold) at this point, and Max Payne 3 came out six weeks ago, so that is pretty good! Hopefully Xseed rakes in a tidy sum of money during this sale, encouraging them and Falcom to get the Legend of Heroes games on the service as well. I want to play the sequels to Trails in the Sky!

Dartastic

I feel like I've purchased a lot. Even though I haven't.

KOTOR, Binding of Isaac, Bioshock 1 and 2, and Frozen Synapse.

Edit - I need a controller to play these games on my Mac/PC. I have a PS3, and a wireless xbox controller. Is there some way to hack these things to get them working? The PS3 controller does use Bluetooth, sooo...

If not, what's teh most affordable way to get a decent controller running on my computer? I wanna play Bastion.

Enco

Fucking hard drive failed 2 days after purchase. Fuck this bullshit.

Luckily my main SSD with OS is fine. However, no Steam until next week when I get a new one delivered. Fuck you Western Digital.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up Borderlands GOTY. I don't know when I'll find the time to play it (still gotta finish Max Payne 3), but eventually I'll do it.

Bentendo

Damn it. I was doing so well in Portal 2. I was so proud of myself that I didn't have to use a guide and then chapter 7 came around and absolutely destroyed me.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Xseed makes some money off this. id really like to see more of these niche japanese games on PC

Ys Seven was released for PC in China. It's a extremely long shot but it would be amazing if it ended up here on Steam as well.

ZoddGutts

Update time!

Going to wait and see if there's a sale on Oath in Felghana, but I'll be fine if there's not. Also, thinking about doing the Gamestop trade (extra 30%) with Dark Souls, seeing as the PC version is coming and I can probably get it next Summer.

Isn't it on sale right now? 66% off, 5 dollars currently.

If anyone is waiting to buy left 4 dead 2 if it wins the community vote, I have one copy spare that I can trade for the frozen synapse double bundle if they buy that now for the same price of left 4 dead 2 at 75% off

AlexBasch

Damn it. I was doing so well in Portal 2. I was so proud of myself that I didn't have to use a guide and then chapter 7 came around and absolutely destroyed me.
I was going to clear Portal 1 completely on my own until the 18th chamber. Once I looked it up in Youtube I was "yeah, I totally couldn't have figured this out on my own." :p

Salsa

Man I really dont wanna pay 10 bucks for just Bunch of Heroes and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (only ones I dont own).. even though I really want the latter :(

god dammit Steam

kswiston

Some of Amazon's recent bundles were a lot better than any of the bundles we have seen on Steam yet if you didn't already own some of the games. Just Cause 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Supreme Commander 2, Kayne and Lynch 2 and Lara Croft Guardian of Light were bundled together for $7.50. All had Steam codes. Their Paradox and EA bundles were pretty crazy as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Man I really dont wanna pay 10 bucks for just Bunch of Heroes and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (only ones I dont own).. even though I really want the latter :(

god dammit Steam

I only want Shadow Planet myself. Gonna have to skip until it goes cheaper on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom