• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - I need a controller to play these games on my Mac/PC. I have a PS3, and a wireless xbox controller. Is there some way to hack these things to get them working? The PS3 controller does use Bluetooth, sooo...

If not, what's teh most affordable way to get a decent controller running on my computer? I wanna play Bastion.
Motioninjoy are the authority on Windows drivers for the PS3 controller, and here's a set-up guide. (tl;dr edition: plug in controller to your computer, run Mij, turn on 360 controller emulation mode, have fun). Also, aforementioned set-up guide covers Macs as well.

Salsa

It'll be destroyed in seconds! It's going to be beautiful to watch.

The jist is: The spreadsheet figures out the hour of the next daily deal. The first spreadsheed is based on US Pacific. If you change the hour on B3 to your region (for instance, the deals on Brazil started at 14:00:00 hours. The deals on US Pacific started at 10:00:00), the spreadsheet recalculates itself. The dates also get a different background color automagically.

All you have to do is add the name of the deal and the duration of the deal (on the XX:XX:XX format) to the right of the name, and it'll calculate when the next deal is coming up.

If you guys want to add new columns for price/discounts, be my guest.

I won't personally be taking care of it that much, so if it's gone, it's gone (there's a locked backup that people can use to re-create the spreadsheet if they so desire).

Be nice.

added this post to OP

ZoddGutts

Ys Origins is currently the #3 best seller on Steam after Skyrim and Max Payne 3 which are 3 times. Skyrim is probably the best selling Steam game of all time by revenue (if not copies sold) at this point, and Max Payne 3 came out six weeks ago, so that is pretty good! Hopefully Xseed rakes in a tidy sum of money during this sale, encouraging them and Falcom to get the Legend of Heroes games on the service as well. I want to play the sequels to Trails in the Sky!

Those games and hopefully they'll bring also Ys I & II Chronicles, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, Ys Seven (not sure how the PC Chinese version quality is) Gurumin (if they can get the license), Xanadu Next and Zweii II. Tons of games they can bring over to Steam.

rjc571

Banned
Is Two Worlds II worth it?

I played Ys Oath in Felghana but got stuck on the first "boss".

Are the games meant to be tough?

If you're playing an Ys game and a boss kicks your ass, it means you're underleveled. Grind a level or two and it'll be a fair fight.

Damage so far is currently only Alan Wake's American Nightmare, though I was mighty tempted by Rayman Origins and I am still tempted by Max Payne 3 and Dead Island. I haven't finished MP 1 and 2 yet but I know if I got 3 now I'd end up playing it regardless, which I really don't want to do. And I'm not normally into zombie games but Dead Island seems hilarious, but I don't know...

marrec

Banned
I played Ys Oath in Felghana but got stuck on the first "boss".

Are the games meant to be tough?

The first boss in Oath is jarring, but keep at it and you'll break through that wall.

At least until the second boss.

Also, upgrade your equipment, it's like night and day.

Salsa

well nevermind, guess a lurker deleted the whole spreadsheet. No biggie since there's backups, mainly wanted to see what was gonna happen

Is there a way to password protect it? mmh

Shambles

That's it. Who the fuck took my username for tribes? I don't mean Shambles as there are several other people that use that, but my secondary name which is basically a random collection of letters has also been taken.

Eat a dick whoever you are, i'm not even going to bother making a tribes account, just another username i'll forget.

marrec

Banned
OH GOD

I just bought Runespell Overture with ZERO information on if it's a good game or not.

Steam you do this to me every sale.

Salsa

well Drizzle changed it so you have to log into Google to edit it now, at least it's something

when people get bored in a while i'll just hide a new link in email tabs so lurkers cant nuke it

Can anyone speak for or against Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress add on DLC?
'
What exactly does it add? Is it worth the extra $2.50? Is it worth $5 if you own the base game already?

AlexBasch

Question, can I make a combined buy with wallet and card? Say, I've got $10, if I want to buy something for $12.50 can I add the $2.50 from my card?

zchen

wasn't going to buy today, but......

watching review video of Two Worlds 2 got me interested, buy it + expansion for $9.99, Y/N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom