• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I finally decided to purchase something after sitting on the fence for a while.

My Money Taken By:

- Max Payne Collection
- Ys Origin
- Wrath of the Lamb DLC
- Frozen Synapse Complete

Still thinking about grabbing Tropico 4 based on the demo and Season 3 of Sam and Max, but I already have the first two seasons through Telltale, so I dunno...

kswiston

Which Ys game is better? I was planning on getting one, but I have to go soon and was wondering if the one that was not on the flash deal was good enough.

If you only want one, Oath has less room for future cheaper prices. Assuming the MSRP stays at $15 for Oath and $20 for Origins going forward, and assuming that 75% will be the highest future discount as it is for 95% of games on Steam, you could eventually get Oath for $1.35 less in a future sale. Origins could be up to $3 cheaper in a future sale.

Try a different server?

Yeah. Tried a few different ones that were the closest to me. They all keep going from okay (700KBs) to terrible (90KBs) but mostly hanging out at about 300.

ZE85Q.png

Already been downloading for a few hours. Yesterday it was taking me 45 minutes to an hour tops to download games.

VandalD

I've been waiting for you, Ys Origin. Gimme! Only game I really want now is Batman AC.

Is Orcs Must Die kind of like Tecmo's Deception? I already bought it, but I haven't installed it yet.
Sort of. It certainly controls much better than any of the Deception games. You don't spring most traps manually, though there are some you can shoot. There's also less of a focus on comboing, unless you're going for leaderboard scores. Plus you can kill things yourself. It's a bit like Sanctum if you've played that, except better, IMO.

OH GOD

I just bought Runespell Overture with ZERO information on if it's a good game or not.

Steam you do this to me every sale.
Hope you like poker! I'm pathetic at poker. I lost in one of the tutorial battles. I like what the game is trying, but it's not for me at all.

Enco

Yeah. Tried a few different ones that were the closest to me. They all keep going from okay (700KBs) to terrible (90KBs) but mostly hanging out at about 300.

ZE85Q.png

Already been downloading for a few hours. Yesterday it was taking me 45 minutes to an hour tops to download games.
Yea I get that too.

Sales destroy dem servers.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody managed to get AA working in Hard Reset? No matter what setting I use ingame (FXAA, FSAA 2x or 4x) I still have a TON of jaggies everywhere...

The only difference it makes is that I loose performance if I put it in FSAA 4x....

Bog

Junior Ace
I'll gladly trade a copy of Half-Life 2 for Ys... Sorry, it's the only thing I've got in my gift list. :(

Edit: Oh, and Magicka. I'll even give ya both!

TP17

Buying Orcs Must Die & Dead Island. Are the DLC in either of these games must buys? as right now I'm planning on just purchasing the base games.

marrec

Banned
Buying Orcs Must Die & Dead Island. Are the DLC in either of these games must buys? as right now I'm planning on just purchasing the base games.

You'll want more Orcs Must Die very soon, so I'd suggest getting the DLC.

Dead Island, not as much.

kswiston

Its no.1 here (UK), beating Dead Island. edit: ignore me, its top in those under £7.
Baffling, don't see the attraction myself, left that type of game behind 2 decades ago.

That is a pretty dumb statement. Might as well say that you left shooters behind 2 decades ago. Rpgs have changed a lot in 20 years, as has almost every genre.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What were the flash deals before these? I think I missed them.

Alrix

Nabbed skyrim and Ys origin...my 10th and 11th purchases so far and puts me up to about $77 spent so far. Last year I spent $90 on like 10 or 12 games, I think I'll pass that pretty easily this year.

dosh

ZE85Q.png

Summer sales on a weekend will do that, I guess.

VandalD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom