• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Still locked out of making purchases 2 hours later, still getting "unexpected error" without explanation on checkout. Contacted support with their ticket thing but I have a feeling it's gonna take days for them to get back to me, and probably just asking something random without having fixed it. It's about the time to come out of the dark ages and invest in some decent livechat customer support Valve. I'm gonna be pissed if I miss some amazing sale.

kswiston

I forgot that I wanted to get the Sega Genesis Pack 5. So that and Ys Oath have $10 bookmarked at some point in this sale. With luck the Genesis games will get a flash sale or daily for a steeper discount. Pretty sure they have been cheaper in the past.

Megasoum

Banned
I REALLY doubt that ARMA 2: CO will be a flash deal. It's gonna be a daily deal and it's gonna be the sale's biggest seller.

They'll probably wait until near the end of the sale to put it in the daily since they want people to come in and check everyday when the store is updated.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So it's worth $1.79 on Steam?

Maybe. I bought Shining Force 1+2 some time back to replay them and I just couldn't get into them. Maybe the SRPG genre has moved forward too much. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, sometimes. Which is weird because I replay 8/16-bit platformers and RPGs all the time.

Ys Origin is ok so far I guess, I was sort of expecting something a tad different but I've only gotten to the first battle after the 20 minute long intro cutscene.

It will grow on me I think though... seems like fun, and I'm digging the universe.

Alan Wake played for about an hour, really cool atmosphere, you get lost in it.

KingKong

Download speeds sucked yesterday as well. I was getting 100-800KB/s (averaging between 200-300) when I usually get 2-2.5 MB/s on Steam.

its weird, I started downloading 4 games and one of them would go above 1mb/sec and the rest would be really low, so I just paused the other ones until it finished and kept doing that. now im just downloading one game and its going at nearly 3mb/sec

edit: ooh it went up to 3.5mb/sec, booyah

Recon

Banned
It will be funny if ARMA II doesnt go on sale. Like Vampire:The Masquerade didnt go on sale even though everyone was waiting for it(few years back).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How is Ys Origin compared to Felghana? Better? Worse? Different? I only played the latter.

Different, no world map like Oath had. It's more story-heavy and is kind of like a dungeon crawler, the whole game takes place in Darm Tower from Ys I, only before it corroded to hell or something. Has various themed sections and stuff, which are practically separate dungeons. It's a bit shorter, but has three different playable characters each with different stories (none of which are Adol).

Ys Origin is ok so far I guess, I was sort of expecting something a tad different but I've only gotten to the first battle after the 20 minute long intro cutscene.

It will grow on me I think though... seems like fun, and I'm digging the universe.

Generally has cutscenes at the end of each area, and one in the middle. Aside from that the gameplay is pretty uninterrupted.

Really the biggest disappointment so far is that Kingdoms of Amalur got no discount at all. I was expecting like a 25% or something at least. Stupid Rhode Island.

MRORANGE

bloody great, this oyster machine has charged me double after telling me it would decline the first charge, I go back home and check online on my bank account I am now £15 out of Steam funds :|

cRGXs.jpg

I really do hate TFL sometimes :|

Different, no world map like Oath had. It's more story-heavy and is kind of like a dungeon crawler, the whole game takes place in Darm Tower from Ys I, only before it corroded to hell or something. Has various themed sections and stuff, which are practically separate dungeons. It's a bit shorter, but has three different playable characters each with different stories (none of which are Adol).
Hmm, I think I'll skip it then..

bloody great, this oyster machine has charged me double after telling me it would accept the first charge, I go back home and check online on my bank account I am now £15 out of Steam funds :|

cRGXs.jpg

I really do hate TFL sometimes :|

I wish america had oyster dispenser machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom