• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souther

Banned
bloody great, this oyster machine has charged me double after telling me it would decline the first charge, I go back home and check online on my bank account I am now £15 out of Steam funds :|

cRGXs.jpg

I really do hate TFL sometimes :|

I thought Atlantis was just a myth.....

Owensboro

update:

Dead Island fourpack:

- THE NO LIFE KING
- SalsaShark's friend
- YianGaruga
- LatvjuAvs

closed

who can host?

Well crap, I can't believe I missed this group! If anyone else wants to do a Dead Island 4-pack, I'm in. I could host (which I assume just means get paypal'ed, right?), but I won't be back at my computer until tomorrow so if you wanted to play today, you couldn't.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I think I'll skip it then..

Personally, I prefer it to Oath, but only by a little. Bosses are better, and while none of the sections are as great as Valestein Castle (then again, how many dungeons are?) the areas in the second half of the game were really good, since the early ones are a bit simple to ease you in I guess.

bengraven

Damn, I really want to try Dead Island, but I'm not sure if I'm even willing to spend $10 on it. I've heard it's like a zombie survival BLands, but I don't know...

Maybe I'll wait for a $5 Christmas sale on it.

I'm not too sure if I should go aheads with Ys. How does the combat to compare to the action sections of Recettear? Does it have any significant improvements over it?

Hoplatee

This probably has been asked 10 times before but I have been away for around 12 hours and this thread moves so fast.. What awesome Flash Deals did I miss? :(

Salsa

alright , we have a host.

Dead Island fourpack:

- THE NO LIFE KING <<--- host
- SalsaShark's friend
- YianGaruga
- LatvjuAvs

so both YianGaruga and LatvjuAvs get in contact with THE NO LIFE KING through pm so you can send him the money.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Got both Freedom Force games for $3.74.

This Steam sale thing is addictive.

WOAH! I didn't even know that the Freedom Force games were up on Steam. I loved the first game, I think I paid like $30 back in 2002 or so? Long time ago. Never did play the expansion. But both for $3.74???

Yeah, I have to buy that. I'll have to play through the first game again though, it's been almost a decade since I last played it.

And yeah, Frozen Synapse looks interesting enough for $4.99, I'll probably just get that too while it's cheap.

And I still have to try out Orcs Must Die, which I just bought. And Portal 2. And I just started playing Defense Grid which is freaking awesome so far, which I paid $4 for. And I need to dig into Binding of Isaac which I got for less than $2.

Plus the other games I've bought in this sale.

Good thing I just took out a home equity loan, lol.

Now I just need to quit real life so I have time to play all of these......o_O

This probably has been asked 10 times before but I have been away for around 12 hours and this thread moves so fast.. What awesome Flash Deals did I miss? :(

From the last 12 hours or so:
Half-Life Complete 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life 2 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life 2: Episode One 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life: Blue Shift 75% off (expired day 2 2000)
Half-Life: Opposing Force 50% off (expired day 2 2000)
Team Fortress Classic 50% off (expired day 2 2000)
Tomb Raider: Underworld 75% off (expired day 2 2200)
Tomb Raider: Legend 75% off (expired day 2 2200)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary 75% off (expired day 2 2200)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light 75% off (expired day 2 2200)
Toy Soldiers 75% off (expired day 2 2200)
Bejeweled 3 75% off (expired day 2 0000)
Alan Wake Franchise 75% off (expired day 2 0800)
Alan Wake 75% off (expired day 2 0800)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare 75% off (expired day 2 0800)
Football Manager 2012 75% off (expired day 2 0800)
Alice: Madness Returns 75% off (expired day 3 1000)
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition 75% off (expired day 3 1000)
Assassin's Creed Revelations 66% off (expired day 2 0000)
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition 66% off (expired day 2 0000)
Assassin's Creed Pack 66% off (expired day 2 0000)
BioShock 2 75% off (expired day 2 0800)
BioShock Collection 75% off (expired day 2 0800)

Copies from this Steam thread.

K' Dash

Man I'll be fucking pissed if they put The Witcher 2 as a flash sale while I'm sleeping :mad:

Damn community, it should have won the first voting.

Owensboro

My ludicrous comment was more about the percent the poster was using.

Skyrim reappearing @ 90% off would be pretty fucking crazy

I can wait for the Winter Sale :)

Anyone want to do another Dead Island 4-Pack?
1. Owensboro

"Hosting" just means one person buys the 4-pack, then gets paypal-ed back right? I can host it, but can't distribute the games until tomorrow or Monday. I'm on my phone :)

That is of course, unless this gets settled in the next 15 or so minutes. I have to stop by home to grab something.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Personally, I prefer it to Oath, but only by a little. Bosses are better, and while none of the sections are as great as Valestein Castle (then again, how many dungeons are?) the areas in the second half of the game were really good, since the early ones are a bit simple to ease you in I guess.

Gotta say, it's pretty funny watching you answer the same question over and over and over again.

Which is great, actually -- the more Ys we sell, the better.

Dartastic

1. Owensboro

"Hosting" just means one person buys the 4-pack, then gets paypal-ed back right? I can host it, but can't distribute the games until tomorrow or Monday. I'm on my phone :)

That is of course, unless this gets settled in the next 15 or so minutes. I have to stop by home to grab something.
ME. I'm pretty sure we can get this settled in 15 minutes. :p

In the case of Left 4 Dead 2 winning the community vote, I am looking for 3 others to split a 4 pack with. I can host.

It will be $3.75 a person.

Yes, I know this is only $1.25 less than the base game. But that's a $1.25 toward something else.

PM me if interested.

Spazznid

So far:

Half-Life Complete - GIFT for Nephew
Max Payne 2 - GIFT for Nephew
Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light - GIFT for Nephew
Knights of the Old Republic - GIFT for Friend

Got ASSCREED REV and Hard Reset for my self.

Plan on getting ARMA 2 if it goes lower and ASSCREED Bros, along with Jade Empire, Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 maybe.

Lyng

This Steam sale has been great so far:

Shogun Total War 2.
Worms Reloaded GOTY.
Syberia 1 & 2.
Crusader Kings II.

Best thing is I wont be playing any of it anytime soon due to Endless Space :p

Palehorse

1. Owensboro

I'm in on this one please!

Dartastic

I'm in on this one please!

Looks like we just need one more. =D

1. Owensboro
2. Dartastic
3. Palehorse

CassSept

KotOR is 2.50. Does it really matter? ;)

I know, I said that before, several times :p This is my first summer sale and I'm trying to be careful, I'm keeping it in check but then again, it's only the third day.

I'll probably grab it, but the question was more focused on the second part. Also, should I grab L4D2 when it comes on sale. And the first one along it as the franchises come together into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom