• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well crap, I can't believe I missed this group! If anyone else wants to do a Dead Island 4-pack, I'm in. I could host (which I assume just means get paypal'ed, right?), but I won't be back at my computer until tomorrow so if you wanted to play today, you couldn't.

Hey Owensboro (not interested in the four pack btw) where are you from?

vid

I never would have believed that "intense" would be a way to describe a digital sale, but Gabe proved me wrong. I'm starting to realize... the reason there's no treasure hunt this year is because just keeping up with the sale itself is exhausting enough without worrying about grinding 'cheevos!

Graafke

Does anyone think the EA games will drop in price (e.g. Crysis 2)?
Currently there is a sale going on in the Origin store and Crysis 2 is the same price. I doubt they will undercut their own store.

Polk

Does anyone think the EA games will drop in price (e.g. Crysis 2)?
Currently there is a sale going on in the Origin store and Crysis 2 is the same price. I doubt they will undercut their own store.
I think every sale had Crysis on sale (with Euro price being cheapest), so it's very likely.

goodfella

Why have I only heard of Ys from Neogaf.
Is it an indie game?

I respect the GAF opinion, but I'd rather get some more information on it before buying.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is it an indie game?

I respect the GAF opinion, but I'd rather get some more information on it before buying.

It's not really indie, no. It's an old series, started back in the mid 80s. Falcom practically invented the action RPG with Xanadu, then Ys.

I'm not sure it was ever very popular, but it seems to be gaining a decent fanbase since the recent PSP releases.

Sethos

Banned
Damn, I really want to buy Driver: SF but it's not a daily or flash deal, so I know I shouldn't get it now ... but I'm the kind of guy that has no patience :(

Levyne

Banned
lol I finally got KoTOR to fit my screen resolution, got the hud to match, and stop the cursor from being oddly bounded by the old resolution. woo

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it an indie game?

It's a very long running cult classic Japanese series. A few instalments made it over, but not many. The key to why you're more likely to hear about it on GAF is that we have quite a few smart and well written import gamers or Japanese posters who have evangelized the series.

Falcom has always released the games on PC but until recently they haven't been localized due to lack of a viable pc distribution strategy.

Damn, I really want to buy Driver: SF but it's not a daily or flash deal, so I know I shouldn't get it now ... but I'm the kind of guy that has no patience :(

I am with you man, I want it but I will wait. Pretty confident it will show up on one of those deals. You must stay strong damn you!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Is it an indie game?

Ys is NOT an indie game. It's from a company called Falcom, who's been making RPGs for decades and they still deliver some of the most enjoyable, most hardcore games out there. These guys really remember what made RPGs great back in the day, and they've constantly been evolving things... even though nobody in the West seems to notice. But they're great, and the Ys games are as good as action RPG-ing gets.

And it's not really a super popular thing on GAF. It's not like Braid or Fez or whatever other pretentious nonsense people tend to peddle that's not really that good (yeah yeah, I'm sure people disagree with me... I don't care.) It's unadulterated awesome.

Jme

Anyone willing to gift me a copy of The Walking Dead in exchange for a Skyrim: Dawnguard X360 DLC code? If so please PM me. I know it's kind of shady but I promise I'll come through :)

I just dove into Origin and music is awesome.
I think a friend recommended me Oath a long long time ago but I never played it. I need that too!

Souther

Banned
Concerning Ys...more often than not the soundtrack alone is worth the price. I actually have Falcom Classics Vol 1 for Sega Saturn sitting behind me.

kafiend

It's a very long running cult classic Japanese series. A few instalments made it over, but not many. The key to why you're more likely to hear about it on GAF is that we have quite a few smart and well written import gamers or Japanese posters who have evangelized the series.

Falcom has always released the games on PC but until recently they haven't been localized due to lack of a viable pc distribution strategy.

And when Xseed annunced it was going to bring some of its catalogue to Steam. Gaf collectively cried tears of Joy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466412

Owensboro

Hey Owensboro (not interested in the four pack btw) where are you from?

Born and raised in Owensboro, KY, but have since moved. I keep this name and use it in every online game because it's really hilarious to be playing and have someone go "Owensboro.... like in Kentucky? I'm from [Paducah, Bowling Green, Hopkinsville, etc...]". It's always fun to meet people from back home :)

Owensboro said:
Anyone want to do another Dead Island 4-Pack?
1. Owensboro
2. Dartastic
3. Palehorse

"Hosting" just means one person buys the 4-pack, then gets paypal-ed back right? I can host it, but can't distribute the games until tomorrow or Monday. I'm on my phone :)

That is of course, unless this gets settled in the next 15 or so minutes. I have to stop by home to grab something.

Anyone else in?

Amagon

Thanks YianGaruga & LatvjuAvs for the quick payment and easy to work with for the Dead Island 4 pack. And thanks SalsaShark for recommending me to host!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
In the case of Left 4 Dead 2 winning the community vote, I am looking for 3 others to split a 4 pack with. I can host.

It will be $3.75 a person.

Yes, I know this is only $1.25 less than the base game. But that's a $1.25 toward something else.

PM me if interested.

Hey I will join in. You know me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom