• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Stalker was like my first non valve steam purchase.

Edit: Nope. It was garry's mod, then Uplink, then Stalker. Audiosurf and Prey followed after that. Ahh the early days of steam.

kafiend

It's a very long running cult classic Japanese series. A few instalments made it over, but not many. The key to why you're more likely to hear about it on GAF is that we have quite a few smart and well written import gamers or Japanese posters who have evangelized the series.

Falcom has always released the games on PC but until recently they haven't been localized due to lack of a viable pc distribution strategy.

And when Xseed announced it was going to bring some of Falcom’s catalog to Steam Gaf collectively cried tears of Joy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466412

Edited for better accuracy, that and my spelling is shit.

Thanks to everyone who's been praising Ys Origin so much today. I was planning on waiting for it to drop a little further in price, but I just couldn't resist after seeing all the glowing remarks in this thread. Felghana will get bought as well at the end of the sale even though I doubt it shows up as a daily/flash deal on its own.

Souther

Banned
So Ys Origin, I see it is a action RPG and looks interesting. Anyone have some thoughts that would push me to click the buy button?

Go look at some gameplay vids on youtube. Seriously just buy it. I think there is already enough people recommending it here. There really isn't anything more to be said.

kaskade

Well, I went to gamestop and traded in some of my old 360 games that I don't play anymore since they are giving a 30% bonus towards steam gift cards. Ended up getting $90 for steam. Skyrim was one of those games so part of it was going towards that. PC gaming is awesome.

kitzkozan

Yeah fuck it I just bought Ys. The GAF hype is too strong to resist.

13 minutes left, time to put up or shut up lol. I'm leaning toward buying since I know Ys origin is exclusive to PC/steam so if I like it I will probably buy the PSP version of the other games in the franchise (and the upcoming Vita port of Ys IV look nice) .

Ok, bought Ys Origin along with super meat boy. I broke my budget for this steam sale but whatever lol. Let's see what happen with Crysis 2 and if the Half life series can benefit from yet another 75%. :] Also thinking about that Borderlands GOTY even with the sequel coming in a couple of months...

Zimbardo

anyone know why Ghostbusters: The Video Game is no longer for sale on Steam? the store page is gone.

i already owned the game on there, but just noticed today that its not for sale anymore ...was just curious.

kswiston

And it's not really a super popular thing on GAF. It's not like Braid or Fez or whatever other pretentious nonsense people tend to peddle that's not really that good (yeah yeah, I'm sure people disagree with me... I don't care.) It's unadulterated awesome.

Putting down one game (that many people like) to hype another just undercuts your point and turns some people off from your real message of "Ys is great. Buy it!"

Dartastic

Born and raised in Owensboro, KY, but have since moved. I keep this name and use it in every online game because it's really hilarious to be playing and have someone go "Owensboro.... like in Kentucky? I'm from [Paducah, Bowling Green, Hopkinsville, etc...]". It's always fun to meet people from back home :)

Anyone else in?

Seems this dude is. Make the purchase, gift me, and I can paypal you immediately.

I am down for a Dead Island four pack.

Hm, sale almost expired... I'm going to impulse buy and hope you didn't leave me astray.
Awesome.

You should play Ys: The Oath in Felghana first if you can. Totally not necessary in any way, but it's $5.09 without any other deal, so imagine if it becomes a daily or flash deal? Aw, yeah 8) Great starting point. Plus, it has the better music of the two.

Awesome.

You should play Ys: The Oath in Felghana first if you can. Totally not necessary in any way, but it's $5.09 without any other deal, so imagine if it becomes a daily or flash deal? Aw, yeah 8) Great starting point. Plus, it has the better music of the two.

Thanks for this. I bought Origins but i was going to buy a second copy for a friend who has never played any Ys game. I'll pick up Oath at some point in the sale for him instead.

anyone know why Ghostbusters: The Video Game is no longer for sale on Steam? the store page is gone.

i already owned the game on there, but just noticed today that its not for sale anymore ...was just curious.

They may have just ran out of keys for the game and Atari never gave them more. Glad I got it already.

Let's post our bought-for-too-much regret stories. Two years ago I bought Tropico 3 and expansion for I think $18 total. This year it's $3.74. Never played it.

Let's post our bought-for-too-much regret stories. Two years ago I bought Tropico 3 and expansion for I think $18 total. This year it's $3.74. Never played it.

Last year I got paranoid that all EA-related games were going to be taken off of Steam so I bought Alice, Bulletstorm, and the first two DeathSpank games at much higher prices than what they've went for throughout this year.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Putting down one game (that many people like) to hype another just undercuts your point and turns some people off from your real message of "Ys is great. Buy it!"

Mmm... well, the dude was under the impression that it was an indie game, and indie games have a reputation for being kinda pretentious (even though that's not always the case, obviously.) Namely, the ones I mentioned. So I said that to assure him that no, this isn't like that at all. I don't think that's unfair.

deroli

This is the first time I'm witnessing a steam sale :) The excitement, the drama, oh my!
So far I bought Portal 2 and Sonic Generations for 15€. But I just added 50 bucks to my steam account, because there are still quite a few games on my radar. Good thing I don't have a credit card data attached to my account. Always seeing my balance up in corner raises the inhibition threshold to buy something unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom