• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

A true stubborn consumer would wait a year for them to all be 5 dollars.

Skyrim won't be $5 in a year. Maybe $10 if they reduce the non-sale price to $39.99 before then. My prediction is that we will see Skyrim for $20 during the winter sale. Max Payne 3 has a better chance of hitting $5 by the next summer sale.

Wow, about time for another thread. My god.

Only a little over halfway.

Is a mouse not good?

It's ten times more fun with sticks in my opinion. The analogue aiming for melee attacks is a blast. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much with a mouse or just hitting a button.

Skyrim won't be $5 in a year. Maybe $10 if they reduce the non-sale price to $39.99 before then. My prediction is that we will see Skyrim for $20 during the winter sale. Max Payne 3 has a better chance of hitting $5 by the next summer sale.

I'm sure it won't be. Just sayin'. More of an example.

BeesEight

Awesome.

You should play Ys: The Oath in Felghana first if you can. Totally not necessary in any way, but it's $5.09 without any other deal, so imagine if it becomes a daily or flash deal? Aw, yeah 8) Great starting point. Plus, it has the better music of the two.

Ahhhh, if I'd known!

Hopefully it gets a deeper price cut. Not sure I want to spend more than ten dollars on impulse purchases. Will watch out for it though.

So Oath then Origins?

So far I've bought.
- Darksiders
- Terraria
- Assassins Creed: Revelations
- Toy Soldiers
- Alan Wake Franchise
- Alice Madness Returns
- Bioshock Franchise Pack
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Ys Origin (Haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Recettear)
- Borderlands: GotY

So all of those (but Borderlands) are Flash Deals, aka: The best kind of deals.

Razek

Banned
Let's post our bought-for-too-much regret stories. Two years ago I bought Tropico 3 and expansion for I think $18 total. This year it's $3.74. Never played it.

Dead island $30 2 weeks ago. It's $10 now and was $19 a week before I bought it. I don't know why but I just 'had' to have it then. I played about 10 hours and got bored without other people to play with (maybe this well help sway some people?). I don't really care too much though, I had fun with the 10 hours I played.

I'm really interested in Renegade Ops based on good word of mouth, but is it just a well made top down car combat action game or is there something more to it?

Also, how is the DLC?

tommijey

Neo Member
tempted on dead island. but isn't dead island goty coming out soon? Is that just the crappy dlc?

DLC is pretty crappy, just some arena maps and Ryder White is short and dull.

Wouldn´t buy it for single player, but with 2-3 friends its great fun.

PaulLFC

I've found that for games I think I might want but I'm not sure about (like Two Worlds 2 today) the best strategy is to wait for tomorrow's deals. Then I can see how much I'd spend on the new daily deals, and whether that leaves me enough to be comfortable spending on the "maybe" games from the day before.

I know I definitely want Tropico 4, but I'm not sure whether to get the base game or the game + DLC pack - anyone who's played it have any advice on which is the best option?

Ahhhh, if I'd known!

Hopefully it gets a deeper price cut. Not sure I want to spend more than ten dollars on impulse purchases. Will watch out for it though.

So Oath then Origins?
No, no, you did good. Origin at $8 is a steal. Don't even feel bad about the purchase.

Yeah, Oath first if possible. If it's not possible, don't worry about it and play as Yunica (the girl) in Origin, which would be like playing as the guy in Oath.

I just bought both Ys games solely on GAF hype...needless to say I'm excited. I keep hearing I should play Oath first, so I will start with that. Also is a 360 controller compatible with the game?

And holy shit 10GB required space?!?!?!?

Should only be 2.7GB. That's what it shows on mine, and I have all the DLC.

Renegade Ops is definitely worth $3. The DLC's good too (a epilogue campaign and two characters), though from what I understand, one of the DLC characters is practically an easy button.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought both Ys games solely on GAF hype...needless to say I'm excited. I keep hearing I should play Oath first, so I will start with that. Also is a 360 controller compatible with the game?

Yes, but you might want to change the default button layout to something more comfortable.

Addnan

Gaf you got me all excited for Ys, but I had 67p to spend. Heres hoping it gets a daily or something on Monday! :D
probably won't :(

I didnt now about renegade ops so i watched the trailers.
Put the second one...
I hear Alfonso Valles (great spanish voice actor) as the main character!

Would I pay 3 euros for a game only becuase of the voice actor of the main character? mmm

The flash deals are seriously evil. Day 3 and I already spent way more than I was planning to. It's just money, right?
I didnt now about renegade ops so i watched the trailers.
Put the second one...
I hear Alfonso Valles (great spanish voice actor) as the main character!

Would I pay 3 euros for a game only becuase of the voice actor of the main character? mmm

You should pay 3 € because the game is great!

Both support controllers, yes. You may want to run the configuration tool and change some buttons, though. Mainly the jump and magic charge button, iirc. By default it will make you do some awkward hand positioning on the controller when you get to some boss fights. You'll know when the time comes, though. And, yes, start with Oath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom