• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Sooooo whats the deal with the Summer Sales Badge? I click the link and it says you have to complete tasks but doesn't specify what?

Should look like this:

capture1djve.jpg

So the game is also great?
I dunno, its a good singleplayer experience? What about the gameplay? Mission based open world? Levels?

Yes it is, you drive around in a relatively open environment and get main missions. Sometimes side missione appear and you have prioritize to get everything done in time. Lot of action, explosions, very arcadey. A little like Desert Strike from the 90s.

BeesEight

No, no, you did good. Origin at $8 is a steal. Don't even feel bad about the purchase.

Yeah, Oath first if possible. If it's not possible, don't worry about it and play as Yunica (the girl) in Origin, which would be like playing as the guy in Oath.

Excellent, I'll add it to my backlog.

We definitely need the thread to play a game after this.

I dunno, its a good singleplayer experience? What about the gameplay? Mission based open world? Levels?
Vehicle based "Twin-Stick shooter", really fast-paced, shit blows up all over the place. Some kind of persistent upgrade system.

Level-based with individual missions in each level. Looks really pretty as well, IMO. Only played single-player and really enjoyed it.

Ledsen

Best vehicular controls and physics in a top down game ever combined with amazingly pretty graphics by the creators of just cause 2. It has open levels with a few side missions on each level. A must play in my opinion (played sp).

PaulLFC

Before I buy it - can the Tribes starter pack be used on my account if I've already made one? I played the beta for a bit but not the full game.

Or would I have to make a totally new account and username etc to use the pack?

rybrad

I liked it. It's not GOTY material but I certainly didn't think it was a terrible game by any stretch from what I played. Quite fun, and I didn't even play in co-op.
I enjoyed it as well, played through it twice in co-op. The only downside is that the first zone is the best and they tend to get progressively worse from there.

Yes it is, you drive around in a relatively open environment and get main missions. Sometimes side missione appear and you have prioritize to get everything done in time. Lot of action, explosions, very arcadey. A little like Desert Strike from the 90s.

Vehicle based "Twin-Stick shooter", really fast-paced, shit blows up all over the place. Some kind of persistent upgrade system.

Level-based with individual missions in each level. Looks really pretty as well, IMO. Only played single-player and really enjoyed it.

Best vehicular controls and physics in a top down game ever combined with amazingly pretty graphics by the creators of just cause 2. It has open levels with a few side missions on each level. A must play in my opinion (played sp).

FuckThank you guys!
It sounds awesome, and Alfonso Valles voice, it seems I cant go wrong.
ARG This game was not expected, my wallet is crying.

15 minutes into Ys Origin and I knew difficulty spikes up at boss fights, but it still got me lol.
I suppose this is pretty easy compared to what I'll see later.
I chose Normal too haha.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think Dead Island is a great single-player game. Played through twice on my own and never once got bored.

Don't fall for this bait! It's decent alone and good with friends. Nothing more.

Spend your money on something else. Nothing against said persons opinion :)

For the new Ys people that will be playing with a controller, here is my setup:

Yssetup2.png

The main things I changed were "Attack" and "Use Magic," I think. Jump is A (using 360 controller) and Use Magic is RB. By default, I think "Use Magic" was Y, which made it really hard to do the charged magic attacks (hold Y) and jumping to release it. I switched "Attack" from B to X, mainly since I'm used to X for attacking in games, but that's all entirely up to you, of course.

You'll most likely have to play the game with the default keys first to figure out what's what and change accordingly, but I think my setup is pretty good if you want to follow it.

Well, asked some friends if they wanted the Rengade ops pack, and they told me they are interested, so I suppose I will end up paying 1,50 for what some gaffers have said is a great game, and that will make a great coop also!
Not bad, not bad at all.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, here's how it's going to work.

First person to post a good excuse why they missed the Ys Origin flash deal that reeeaaally wants the game, like play it ASAP want it and not backlog want it, wins the game.

MRORANGE

I made the Dead Island OT and I still can't be asked to buy the game lol.

Part of me feels like it will never live up to the expectation I have for for the game, I blame the cinematic trailer.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I kind of want Deus Ex, Invisible War, and Hitman Silent Assassin.

They' all $5.99. Not sure if I should grab them now, or wait to see if they become a daily deal.

Hawk269

First person to post a good excuse why they missed the Ys Origin flash deal that reeeaaally wants the game, like play it ASAP want it and not backlog want it, wins the game.

Well, for me, I missed it because I had to drive a friend to the hospital for an emergency and was stuck there the whole time. By the time I had got home and ensured he was fine and got his meds the sale was over. That is why I missed it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

I'm cheap and missed the flash deal on purpose, and if I get it I promise to play it within a week. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom