• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I'm thinking that games on flash deals are already at "daily" pricepoint and won't return as proper daily deals, it would be underwhelming to have a game take a "daily" spot at the same price it had been featured before as a "flash". They probably will show up multiple times as flash throughout the sale though.

louiedog

I don't see the problem.

It's up to them whether or not they think the current price is worth it. If a game they really want is 50% off and they want to play it ASAP, why the hell should they wait 10 days or so for a POSSIBLE extra 10-20% off if they're lucky?

If you want to play a game tonight? Sure, go ahead and get it. Buying 5 games that aren't dailies? I don't understand it.

Jomjom

Banned
I noticed that for the Still Life games it says 75% off with the words "SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends July 23rd."

Is July 23rd just the day that the summer sale ends or is this some special promo for just this game? If it's the latter, does that mean it's not likely to be a daily deal? $3.74 for both Still Life 1 and 2 is already pretty low, so I'm tempted to buy it now.

I don't see the problem.

It's up to them whether or not they think the current price is worth it. If a game they really want is 50% off and they want to play it ASAP, why the hell should they wait 10 days or so for a POSSIBLE extra 10-20% off if they're lucky?

It's not a matter of possible or 10-20%. Most of the time it's a matter of 25-50% more discounted.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't see the problem.

It's mostly because the first times around someone would buy on the first day and throw a fit when the next day it was 80% off.

Guys, I'm scared. Witcher 2 is the least discounted and least high profile of the available candidates. It's probably going to lose. I don't want to sound like an entitled child, but I may weep if it ends up not going on sale at all through the event.

I know I want that game to bro.

I really hope I can get the Left 4 Dead games on sale. Some of my favorite games, so it's about time I upgraded to the pc versions

Valve always puts their games on good sales throughout the whole sale. You should be fine.

Wow, I did not expect Ys Origins to get discounted. I'm going to have to be very picky with this sale. Probably getting that, Analogue: A Hate Story and maybe something else, but definitely those two.

I guess wait a few days and the Ys games might be more heavily discounted. Those games look great. But I want a bundle for under 10 :p.

yogloo

I'd probably play multiplayer on MW3... but $30 feels sort of expensive to me too.

What's the gaf concensus on ridge racer?

Alex

Annoyed at the Telltale Bundle, I mostly wanted Sam & Max from any bundling and of course it isn't included. Lame-o.

I watched the daily deals all during the winter sale for a specific game that never came and then on the last day there was an emergency and I wasn't near my computer

Never again!

Symphonic

I don't see the problem.

Because if they haven't bought the game by this point it's safe to say they've been waiting for a sale. What's an extra 10 days? With the money you save you can buy literally 5 other games in the sale.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Well, it seems I already own all the games I actually want thanks to the previous Steam sales. And the rest are games my MacBook Air wouldn't even run anyway even if I booted up Windows.

Sianos

The only reason we aren't excited about the Deus Ex sale is that the games are so amazing we all already bought them.

BUY DEUS EX (AND HUMAN REVOLUTION)

Salsa

SalsaShark said:
Things that will happen:

People will buy things before they go on a daily and then bitch about how they should have waited.

People will ask if said game is going to get any cheaper or that if he/she should just buy it now.

People will bitch about how the sales are shit just because every game on discount is a game they already own.

People will ask if there will be a recap on the last day even thought it has happened everytime, ever.

People will ignore the info in this OP.

People will be very happy and get great games at a great price.

Pretty amazing how we already covered almost everything

Apdiddy

I ended up getting SpaceChem. At $2.75, that's not bad for a game I don't feel smart enough to understand, but will be fun regardless.

BiggNife

I'm on the fence about Hard Reset for $3.75. It looks alright, but is it more than a generic shooter?

Have you played Serious Sam? It's like that except without the humor and cyberpunk robots instead of monsters and headless dudes. It's made by some ex-Painkiller devs, which is a game in the same vein.

For $4 it's probably worth it, but be warned that there's not much to it except "go in a straight line and kill millions of robots."

Enco

It's not a matter of possible or 10-20%. Most of the time it's a matter of 25-50% more discounted.
If the game is only 20-30% off then maybe. Some non dailies are 50% or so off.

It's mostly because the first times around someone would buy on the first day and throw a fit when the next day it was 80% off.
If you decide to buy a game outside a daily and it ends up being a daily, you have to keep quiet :lol

It's completely your choice and if you're happy to possibly lose out on saving some $/£, go for it.

inky

I'm looking at Poker Night at the Inventory... $3 isn't bad, any chance of it going lower? (And how is it, game-wise? I'd buy it for the TF2 stuff and don't mind a good game of poker, but is it, y'know, fun?)

Not really. It's OK, and funny at times, but after you've heard all the dialogue lines, don't expect a great poker experience. For the TF2 stuff I think it's OK, and I don't think it will go any lower than that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So torn over Legend of Grimrock. Not sure I'm going to actually play it anytime soon. Is it really that good?

Yes, damnit.

People say its fun but the screenshots look generic as fuck to me

lol, everyone who played the game may now laugh at this guy. "Generic" is one of the last words that would describe Grimrock. I doubt you can find 3 more games like it released in 2012.

Recall

It's hilarious how after 5 years or so of sales and warning people still ignore the "wait for the daily deal" thing. Have some patience people, damn.

but why? ive just saved a fortune already. I can survive knowing the games I bought may be even cheaper but I got a good deal, i'm not tight on pennies to feel hard done buy :)

Firebrand

Waiting for dem daily deals.
PaTOO.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This sale is weak as hel if capcom games can't go on sale.

Oh, they do, but the discount is poor relative to the age of games. Capcom just... doesn't get it.

Edit: As far as past years are concerned, anyway. Perhaps the company has grown wiser!

greenry

I'm thinking that games on flash deals are already at "daily" pricepoint and won't return as proper daily deals, it would be underwhelming to have a game take a "daily" spot at the same price it had been featured before as a "flash". They probably will show up multiple times as flash throughout the sale though.

I would consider a flash sale in the same league as a daily deal. That is the cheapest it is going to get.

I'm going to wait for the Daily Deals, but if I were to only get 1 Ys game, which should it be (regardless of price)? The only Ys game I've played is Ark of Napishtim, which I really enjoyed.

sazzy

Ended up getting just Legend of Grimrock. Shogun 2's deal doesn't look appealing to me and I'm going to wait until Ys Origins & Oath are bundled together (if at all) or are lower separately.

SpaceChem was tempting, but if I don't understand a game based on a description or a video and didn't want it before the sale, I'm not going to get it just because it's on sale.

Play the space chem demo. It's quite brilliant. Although I may be biased coz of my profession.

It's quite challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom