• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black wallet ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no money ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

vid

Someone needs to make a little application that displays "EMERGENCY CODE: SALE" whenever the Flash Sales update.

Hard Reset is 75% off.

It's normally $20 everywhere else. IT's $3.75 here.

I know "wait for daily deals" but there is no way it will be cheaper and even if it was, how the fuck much cheaper could it be?

Huge new DLC expansion seals the deal.

Bought.

I feel like Hard Rest for 75% off and PixelJunk Eden for 80% off are two deals where the chances of them getting cheaper as daily deals is somewhere between minimal and non-existent. When you get to discounts of 75% off and greater for non-daily deals, it's probably safe to buy now. Anything less than that, I totally agree with the "Wait for a daily deal" rule.

KarmaCow

Well you're talking about a 50% reduction against a 70% reduction compared to full price versus 50%. The benefit I get from waiting for a sale is much higher than waiting for a daily deal, to me at least. I just think it's stupid to always tell people to wait for the daily deal.

Obviously you should buy a game if you think it's worth it, but if someone has enough doubt to ask if it's worth it, the answer is always wait.

Oath in Felghana is more like Ark of Napishtim, but better.

Origin is more like a dungeon crawler, there's no overworld, just one massive dungeon with various themes. Has three playable characters, and only one really plays like Adol, more bonuses, and stuff like that. Each character's story is a bit shorter than Oath's though.

You'll get conflicting opinions on which is better. I prefer Origin, but only slightly. Oath might be a better choice since it's more familiar.

Thanks, it sounds like I can't go wrong with either game, so I'll probably just grab whichever one is cheapest in the end.

Cmagus

Well you're talking about a 50% reduction against a 75% reduction compared to full price versus 50%. The benefit I get from waiting for a sale is much higher than waiting for a daily deal, to me at least. I just think it's stupid to always tell people to wait for the daily deal, because some games don't even get the daily deal.

Don't even bother it is a losing fight lol. If you are happy with your purchase then that is all that matters.

lol.

Waiting on my friend to get back to me and then we're going to get grimrock. Also got my eyes on spacechem and will more than likely take the plunge eventually.

Einbroch

Banned
SpaceChem (flash deal) and Clash of Heroes (daily deal).

I'm holding strong. If Skyrim gets a good deal, grabbing that. If not, getting the Bethesda bundle. Also holding strong on Ys.

MRORANGE

The first game will be a new deal every 6 hours
The second game will be a new deal every 8 hours
The third game will be a new deal every 10 hours
The fourth game will be a new deal every 12 hours

That's a sliding window of crazyness.

I really wish they just made new deals every 12 hours (and we only got different timings this time because it all had to start at 10am).

IF the flash deals duration don't change (which I think they will), this is the madness we'll encounter:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq2rXl7gyxo5dFlla0lIUGZBVFpBLVh4Wkd6amtTNmc

Disclaimer: Math is hard, so I might be completely wrong.

Valve is gonna end up killing us due to sleep sleep deprivation.

"Can't sleep, sales are coming."

Eyeballing this Ubisoft pack.
I want Rayman & M&M VI for sure.
Kinda want Ass Creed & Driver
Already played BG&E
Dgaf about everything else.

MasLegio

Banned
If you been on Raptr, you may have gotten the Rewards for Serious Sam 3: BFE 75% off the standard edition on Steam.

My god...

may?

as in all have gotten that reward or do we have to do anything to get that reward?

I am on my laptop and I do not have raptr installed on it and cannot remember the password for the web login. But might reset password if it is worth the time

Got noting under Rewards here.

There are about 1323 codes left for the coupon code.

In order to have a reward for it:

To qualify, you must be ranked Amateur or above in one of the following first-person shooter games. (Run the Raptr PC Desktop App to track your PC gameplay hours and automatically rank up. Details on our ranking system here.)

Serious Sam (PC)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam 2 (PC)
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter (PC)
Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! (PC)
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (PC)
Battlefield 3 (PC)
Borderlands (PC)
Bulletstorm (PC)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC)
Counter-Strike: Source (PC)
Doom 3 (PC)
Duke Nukem Forever (PC)
Rage (PC)
Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Expiration on Coupon is August 1st, same for the reward period.

Ultimadrago

lmao

Valve is gonna end up killing us due to sleep sleep deprivation.

2 hours, you must check Steam every 2 hours after the first deal.

Somebody code us a Flash Deal Alerter already.

So am I the only one seeing a load of indie games updating?

A whole ton of them on my steam list all have updates going on, Altitude, Zenbound 2, Titan Quest (what?), Ares, Rush, a few others. Anyone else seeeing it or is it just a weird coincidence?

Edit: Maybe I'm going mad and it's just steam checking them and revalidating? But why would that happen.

Wow wow wow! That Bethesda pack is soooo tempting! I haven't played Skyrim yet! D:

P.S. Do research before buying Id pack. A lot of games didn't work on my system when I bought the package last year.

Nuborn

Bought:
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Portal 2
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE (with raptr coupon)

and now i'm down £11 after the first day, jesus christ this is gonna be hard to wait for ARMA2 combined ops daily deal.

dreamfall

Whoa, The Witcher 2:EE is $24?! It wasn't showing up on my Wishlist as on sale, but I checked the store page. Does that voting reduce it even further if it wins?

Detox

I just noticed the flash sales on the side (browsing on mobile), what is the rule on these wait for daily or is it buy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom