• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far

-Darkness 2
-Tobes vertical adventure
-Y's The oath
-Super Borthers
-Sanctum

i74DJepeL4Wol.gif

So tempting to pick up DMC4 at 50% off. I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist it until the end of the sale.

If I like Endless Space, is Total War: Shogun 2 something for me? I'm not really into (real time) strategy games, but Endless Space has got its hooks in me for some reason.

Shogun 2 is quite a different game. Not entirely different. You can pause the action in battles which is really nice. I think that if you like the looks of it you should give it a shot, but it's not as deep as Endless Space.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Only one of the TW: Shogun 2 DLC items is discounted by 75%, the rest by 40%. Bugger off, Sega.

Alright I'm picking up Terraria and the Binding of Issac DLC.

Looking at that ID pack but I just know I'll never play any of those games for more than 5 minutes most likely.

Does anyone expect ARMA II to drop some more?

Symphonic

It's hilarious how after 5 years or so of sales and warning people still ignore the "wait for the daily deal" thing. Have some patience people, damn.

I waited for you, Steam sale.

I waited, and I waited.

And I waited.

And you didn't come.

And I went on holiday.

And I spent my Steam money.

And now you have come, and you have broken my heart.

Salsa

As expected people fail to read the OP and the recomendation of waiting for Daily deals even though its there like six times.

Not like any of this wasnt already predicted under 'things that will happen' tho, lol

So far:

Syberia Collection
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC

Thinking about Rayman and Modern Warfare 3 but will probably hold out as I have them on 360 already.

BiggNife

Ys Oath and Origins are definitely getting a buy once they hit daily or flash sales.

Yeah. I want either or both, but it seems silly to get it now when one of them will probably be a daily.

Isn't Felghana going to be in one of the indie bundles? That pretty much guarantees it'll go lower than it is right now.

BadAss2961

So tempting to pick up DMC4 at 50% off. I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist it until the end of the sale.
Such an awesome game, but you should definitely wait. You'll feel like an ass when you buy it one day and it's a daily deal the next.

jph139

I'm looking at Poker Night at the Inventory... $3 isn't bad, any chance of it going lower? (And how is it, game-wise? I'd buy it for the TF2 stuff and don't mind a good game of poker, but is it, y'know, fun?)

Do we know if completing badge sets will reward us with anything or are they just for bragging rights? I just completed the Pillar of Community Badge requirements rather quickly.

KingKong

man I kept mentally checking off the games I wanted during the last few months but now I forgot, should have just added to wishlist, now I'm trying to remember what to do add so I can pick up whatever hasnt been a daily on the last day

Scythian

Bought Grimrock and voted for Arkham City, as I already have The Witcher 2 and Saints Row 3 doesn't attract me as much.
Talking about Crusader Kings II, is it overly complicated? Does it have a big learning curve? I don't know if I should pick it up, as I'm not very fond of micromanaging :/

Enco

It's hilarious how after 5 years or so of sales and warning people still ignore the "wait for the daily deal" thing. Have some patience people, damn.
I don't see the problem.

It's up to them whether or not they think the current price is worth it. If a game they really want is 50% off and they want to play it ASAP, why the hell should they wait 10 days or so for a POSSIBLE extra 10-20% off if they're lucky?

Hard Reset is 75% off.

It's normally $20 everywhere else. IT's $3.75 here.

I know "wait for daily deals" but there is no way it will be cheaper and even if it was, how the fuck much cheaper could it be?

Huge new DLC expansion seals the deal.

Bought.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As expected people fail to read the OP and the recomendation of waiting for Daily deals even though its there like six times.

Not like any of this wasnt already predicted under 'things that will happen' tho, lol

Full disclosure: Every time somebody ignores the Golden Rule, Salsa's parents keep him awake with their sounds of passionate love. :p

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Where is my capcom bundle ...

Good luck with that.

Cmagus

I don't see the problem.

It's up to them whether or not they think the current price is worth it. If a game they really want is 50% off and they want to play it ASAP, why the hell should they wait 10 days or so for a POSSIBLE extra 10-20% off if they're lucky?

No kidding I'll bite the extra dollar I'd save on a 4.99 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom