• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO PRIZES THIS YEAR
HYlX

Makes it easier for me not to buy shit games.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Soo... the Indie Bundle 1 is not available in my region... wat

Looking at the end time for the community vote, as well as the ending times of each flash sale, I would hypothesize that flash sales will alternate between community voting and Valve selections. Seems like NEW flash sales will probably last for 10-12 hours. I guess we'll find out this afternoon!

Disclaimer: pure conjecture

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is there a site that tells me all the packs + contents somewhere? Can't access anything on Steam

Wubby

I was thinking of buying the Paradox Collection but it's so empty compared to the version of it they had during the last Winter sale. A lot of the smaller older titles I was wanting aren't in this new version. Guess I'll have to wait till next winter and hope it's back to it's former glory.

kswiston

Guys if I like Minecraft should I get Terraria?

If you like the exploring and monster aspect of Minecraft, yes. Terraria does those things better IMO. The game definitely is quicker paced.

If you mainly loved building stuff, than maybe not. In Terraria, you build to help explore, but building as a goal itself is not nearly as fun as in Minecraft.

daxy

So tempting to pick up DMC4 at 50% off. I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist it until the end of the sale.

If I like Endless Space, is Total War: Shogun 2 something for me? I'm not really into (real time) strategy games, but Endless Space has got its hooks in me for some reason.

benjipwns

Banned
It really depends on what it is and it's sometimes hard to judge whether it will be a daily. All you can do is use your best judgement.
But if you stick it in your wishlist, you can check each day and if it doesn't come up, then you can just buy it on the last day.

badbrains

Take the jump on Mafia II, Terreria, and Grimrock?

Since these 3 are flash/dailies I doubt the price will be any different by the end of the sale.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does anyone know how Grimrock runs on integrated (Intel HD) graphics? And yes, before you start, I KNOW I need a dedicated GFX card. Can't really justify one at the moment. It'll happen eventually though.

Anyway, I can run shit like Dungeon Defenders and Zeno Clash just fine. Should I be okay with Grimrock or should I pass on it?

BadAss2961

Damn, I want all three of the games on the poll. But for some reason, mentally i'm always 75% or bust regardless of the price. lol

SR3 gets my vote.

misterF

Neo Member
Mmmmm... Was going to buy the pixeljunk eden OST but it requires the game as Steam considers it to be DLC. The whole pack is cheap but I already have the game on PSN.

Arucardo

Oh snap, it's on now. Getting my paycheck tomorrow and will have about 400e left after paying my rent, maybe I'll buy some stuff ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom