• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambini

Alright, here's how it's going to work.

First person to post a good excuse why they missed the Ys Origin flash deal that reeeaaally wants the game, like play it ASAP want it and not backlog want it, wins the game.

I'm not sure I have a really great reason other than I assumed the steam app would of worked while I was out :(
Had I known it was Origins on flash deal I would of made sure a friend or something bought it for me so I could pay him when I got back. I wanted to try the game since I played Ys 7 on PSP, which was awesome!

First person to post a good excuse why they missed the Ys Origin flash deal that reeeaaally wants the game, like play it ASAP want it and not backlog want it, wins the game.

I had work at that time and I missed the deal
I didnt even know about it and Ive been wanting it bad
Also I really have no backlog since Im still kinda new to my pc

Owensboro

Dead Island 4-Pack
1. Owensboro <--- Hosting
2. Dartastic <-- Paid
3. Palehorse <--Paid
4. whalenapp81 <--Paid

CLOSED

Thanks everyone! Had an interesting little hiccup with USD to CAD conversion and paypal charging for it, but other then that it worked out great! Thanks everyone!

Dart, I shot you another message asking about something. Reply when you get a chance. Good feedback for everyone!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Frozen Synapse Servers:

0wtAw.jpg

Ho-ly crap.

Like seriously. Usually we had 30-40 people on there, COMBINED.

PaulLFC

I missed it because I was out for most of the time it was on sale. Depending on the download size and how long it takes to download I'd play it tonight.

Edit: I'm too late!

For the new Ys people that will be playing with a controller, here is my setup:

Yssetup2.png

The main things I changed were "Attack" and "Use Magic," I think. Jump is A (using 360 controller) and Use Magic is RB. By default, I think "Use Magic" was Y, which made it really hard to do the charged magic attacks (hold Y) and jumping to release it. I switched "Attack" from B to X, mainly since I'm used to X for attacking in games, but that's all entirely up to you, of course.

You'll most likely have to play the game with the default keys first to figure out what's what and change accordingly, but I think my setup is pretty good if you want to follow it.

Thanks for this, I'm going to experiment with the controls for a bit and see what feels best.

Hawk269

guys is the price for witcher 2 likely to get any lower?

It might. At it's current price it is a great deal, but it is a regular sale price. There is plenty of time for it to go on a daily sale, community or a flash sale. I would say wait until the last day of the sale..if it does not get cheaper, you still get it at a good price.

Xyber

probably but I bought it anyway.

I don't get that, the game won't cost you more if you wait a couple of days and you would probably have saved a few bucks. It's just silly to pay for it now and not wait a few days since you've waited this long to get the game.

Well, for me, I missed it because I had to drive a friend to the hospital for an emergency and was stuck there the whole time. By the time I had got home and ensured he was fine and got his meds the sale was over. That is why I missed it.

Same as this guy, except it was 2 senior citizens and an orphan that I had to take to the hospital.

I'm just kidding, and I do not want the game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Between Ys Origin and the other Ys (The Oath one), which do you guys think is the better game?

We are still looking for 2 people who want Renegade Ops 4pack

Preferably from Europe, since if I remember correctly, you need to transfer more than 5$ if you live outside Europe or did they change it?

I don't get that, the game won't cost you more if you wait a couple of days and you would probably have saved a few bucks. It's just silly to pay for it now and not wait a few days since you've waited this long to get the game.

Sorry, what? I'm playing witcher 2 right now.

Tess3ract

Banned
Never played any Thief games, I want to get one, which one should I get?
The second one.

Everyone post their hauls so far!

Serious Sam 3+Deluxe Upgrade
3 Crusader Kings II DLC
Saints Row 3+1 DLC gifted to me
Alan Wake CE+American Nightmare (already had the base game)
Renegade Ops+DLC
Two Worlds II+DLC
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (gifted to me)

My haul so far:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Binding of Isaac
Ys: Origins
Ys: Oath

I've been more restrained this sale, learned my lesson from the last couple sales.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The sale is not going as planned...

So far:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dead Island
Saints Row: The Third
Super Street Fighter IV: AE
Trubes: Ascend Pack

The games I was only supposed to purchase (I haven't purchased any of them yet):

Arma 2 bundle
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards DLC
FEAR 1
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Lone Survivor
LOTRO steam pack
The Walking Dead
UT Pack
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Does anyone have an extra copy of Super Street Fighter 4 AE from a 4-pack? I'd like to purchase one via Paypal, thanks.

tl;dr: will buy SSF4AE sat 4-pack price via paypal. PM me

Hawk269

Thanks to the genoristy of Chaosblade, I am going to pay it forward.

I will be buying a 4 pack (U.S.) of Renegade Ops in the next few minutes. First 3 people to PM me...let's see..what I can ask for.

1. The name of all 4 Members of U2?
2. The Album Title of the U2 Album that has a Tree in it's name?
3. The name of the U2 album that has a german word as the first word of the album title?
4. Which Fruit (Yes, Fruit) Did U2 Emerge out of during the POP Mart Tour?

Yes it is a goofy thing to ask, but giving away free games and asking for something goofy to do to get them is all in the fun of it.

First 4 users to PM the correct answers get's a copy of Renegade Ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom