• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So whats the call on Two worlds 2? Good game or wait for lower price?

It's not bad, much, much better than the first game. It's similar to the Gothic games but not as good. Not a bad game for the price. Talk to Freakinchair, he's played more of it than I have.

Hawk269

Does anyone other than Dennis recommend Two Worlds 2?

I also think it was a great game. Once you get it there are a few commands that you can enter in the command line to make the game look even better. FOr some reason they had this weird filter that you can remove that made the game look 10xbetter. As the game itself, I think it was a great game and for the price, you will get a lot of playability.

marrec

Banned
The second one.

Everyone post their hauls so far!

Serious Sam 3+Deluxe Upgrade
3 Crusader Kings II DLC
Saints Row 3+1 DLC gifted to me
Alan Wake CE+American Nightmare (already had the base game)
Renegade Ops+DLC
Two Worlds II+DLC
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (gifted to me)

2 Crusader Kings II (No DLC)

HL2: Episode 2

PvZ GotY (Gift for SO)

Runespell Overture

Damage report day 3

Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two 9,99
Max Payne Bundle 3,74
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb 0,74
Half-Life Complete 9,24
---------------------------------------------- +
Total: €23,71

Arsenic

Has the Witcher (1/2) have gone on sale yet? If so, how much? I hope i didn't miss it but the early posts in the thread suggest I did :(

Smash88

Banned
hkhDp.jpg

Yay or Nay?

After this all I'm looking for is Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. And I'm done pretty much.

DON'T JUDGE ME ON FROM DUST JUST DON'T!

3 is the best game. Most modern and least janky of all of them. Also by far the best atmosphere.
My problem with 3 is that it was developed with the xbox limitations in mind. Meaning the city hub turned out to be several small zones (with frequent loadings), the levels were far smaller than previous games, and no rope arrow from the top of my head.
Yea Shalebridge Cradle was a great level, but it was no Life of the Party.
That all said, it is still an enjoyable game.

Yep. I wasn't sure if I should of picked it up after reading everyone's thoughts in this thread. Probably should of now :/
Missed a flash sale during my sleep. It begins.

Does anyone other than Dennis recommend Two Worlds 2?
I'll let you know in 6months

Enco

hkhDp.jpg

Yay or Nay?

After this all I'm looking for is Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. And I'm done pretty much.
Personally?

I see nothing interesting in that list. Dead Island is pretty good but I don't know about the DLC. From Dust is supposedly a shitty shitty port. Two Worlds 2 is meant to be a crappy game is it not? Frozen Synapse I played for 20 minutes and forgot about. No idea what Bunch of Heroes is.

I would save your money for another surprise.

Bentendo

Ah, just beat Portal 2. It hurts so bad that I used a guide for one puzzle! GARH! But, wow, that was such a freaking fantastic game. Seriously can't believe I didn't play it until now (well, it's mainly because I didn't have a computer that COULD play it until now and I'm not good at first person shooters on Xbox).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are Ys Oath and Origins independent stories? I'm trying to decide which one to play first

Yes. The general events in almost all the games are linked through the backstory, but that's not really important to the plot of any of the games in the series.

With the exception of Ys II (which should be played after Ys I), you can pretty much play them in any order.

Smash88

Banned
Don't fucking buy bunch of heroes.

Why not? That bad?

Bunch of heroes is horrible. Forget about the price it's just shit.

I swear I saw people say it was good? How bad is it?

Personally?

I see nothing interesting in that list. Dead Island is pretty good but I don't know about the DLC. From Dust is supposedly a shitty shitty port. Two Worlds 2 is meant to be a crappy game is it not? Frozen Synapse I played for 20 minutes and forgot about. No idea what Bunch of Heroes is.

Hmmm, alright time to refine it.

scitek

I had an itch to play Doom 3 with the new mod, but $12? Looooool

And I can't check Steam often enough, and I doubt it'll be a flash sale anyway, but if anyone sees Devil May Cry 4 for less than $10, could you gift it to me and I'll pay you back? My Steam name's the same as it is here. I'd be very grateful.

Hawk269

Thanks to the genoristy of Chaosblade, I am going to pay it forward.

I will be buying a 4 pack (U.S.) of Renegade Ops in the next few minutes. First 3 people to PM me...let's see..what I can ask for.

1. The name of all 4 Members of U2?
2. The Album Title of the U2 Album that has a Tree in it's name?
3. The name of the U2 album that has a german word as the first word of the album title?
4. Which Fruit (Yes, Fruit) Did U2 Emerge out of during the POP Mart Tour?

Yes it is a goofy thing to ask, but giving away free games and asking for something goofy to do to get them is all in the fun of it.

First 4 users to PM the correct answers get's a copy of Renegade Ops.

Anyone else? Only 2 PM's so far and 1 out the 2 had all questions correct.

Katoki

I feel like I shot myself in the foot. The activation for Two Worlds II is such a pain in the ass if it works to begin with.

The second one.

Everyone post their hauls so far!

Serious Sam 3+Deluxe Upgrade
3 Crusader Kings II DLC
Saints Row 3+1 DLC gifted to me
Alan Wake CE+American Nightmare (already had the base game)
Renegade Ops+DLC
Two Worlds II+DLC
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (gifted to me)

So Far

-Frozen Synapse
-Wrath of the Lamb DLC
-Max Payne Collection
-Renegade Ops
-Orcs Must Die
-Ys Origin

Still Contemplating...

-Tropico 4
-Skyrim

Ys Origin
Dead Island (NA)
Broken Sword - Trilogy pack
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Max Payne Bundle
Solar 2
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Other Summer Sales:
Binary Domain
Last Remnant

I'm already in way to deep. No point in stopping now.

Enco

Why not? That bad?

Here's another reason :p

I feel like I shot myself in the foot. The activation for Two Worlds II is such a pain in the ass if it works to begin with.
I have played FS for more than 30 hours. Come on!
To each their own. Not my type of game.

Still waiting on New Vegas Ultimate and Binary Domain. GTA SA and Alpha Protocol are also possibilities if they're very cheap.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I still haven't bought anything for myself other than Trine 2.

Might only end up with 3 games out of this sale, two of them on the last day.

MRORANGE

Why not? That bad?

Let's be honest here, people don't like Bunch of Hero's because of one infamous Christmas Achievement. I am pretty sure anyone else who plays this game normally will like it.

A hidden gem in the steam sale some people may not know about is PayDay: The Heist. Just got this yesterday for 5 bucks (still on sale) and I have been playing it alot! HIGHLIGHT OF MY STEAM PURCHASES SO FAR.

Ledsen

Personally?

What the Christ man, i played fs for 16 hours and still feel like quite a newbie. A deceptively simple but ultimately amazingly deep strategy game with a brilliant aesthethic and perfectly executed asynchronous multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom