• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
la noire

can i just get someone to confirm that l4d2 has local co-op with two gamepads?
iRT5wNcQ1Ioph.gif

Twinduct

why is that farce Alan Wake taking up a precious voting slot

I guess Remedy has some incriminating photos of Gabe

Come on now, L.A. Noire should be the given worst option considering the shotty port alone!
Granted Alan Wake just was a flash sale ... Hell wasnt L.A. Noire also one?!

Stupid sale.

kafiend

Is this the lowest witcher 2 will go?

If valve started giving deeper discounts on games that had already been Flash or Dailies then the community fallout would be extreme.

Plus for the the next sale nobody would buy much at all because they would be thinking it would get cheaper later.

Anyway, anyone that went to bed early in the UK or Europe tonight that wanted the Witcher 2 is gonna be pissed in the morning. Watch this thread for grumpy Europeans in about 8 hours :p

Sarcasm

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut on Witcher 2 is just the first witcher..I went to add it and it says I already own it.

Kipe

Can anybody clear this up? I figured it would be maybe artwork, but it kind of reads like the directors cut has content that was censored in the U.S.

Enhanced Edition

On January 27, 2012, CD Projekt RED announced an Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 via its sister company GOG.com, which was released on April 17, 2012 on the Xbox 360.[34] The Enhanced Edition added over 10GB of new content, including four hours of gameplay, thirty-six minutes of cinematics including a new intro and outro, and a host of fixes to gameplay and the interface. All existing owners of The Witcher 2 received free upgrades to the Enhanced Edition, and could pre-load the update starting April 11, 2012. All new copies on PC and Xbox 360 shipped with the additional content onboard.

Credo

Witcher 2 is tempting, but not right now. Still haven't even finished the first one.

I feel the same way. I'll just hope that it's up for a little cheaper during the Winter sale. I'll be lucky to have beaten Witcher 1 or have even gotten around to starting it by then.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is the part where I buy Witcher 2.

1-D_FTW

I've put about 90 minutes into this game and it's a LOT of fun if you're into top down racers. There's no online, but if you're into old school top down arcade racers, can't recommend enough. It's a catalog sale of 66 percent off (3.39) and since it's not been very popular since launch, I wouldn't expect any dailys/flash.

I've put about 90 minutes into this game and it's a LOT of fun if you're into top down racers. There's no online, but if you're into old school top down arcade racers, can't recommend enough. It's a catalog sale of 66 percent off (3.39) and since it's not been very popular since launch, I wouldn't expect any dailys/flash.

I'll keep that in mind. I had my eye on it when it came out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Y'know, I realized that I really need a new computer chair. The one I have right now is uncomfortable as fuck, and I'm blaming my lack of wanting to play any of the games I've bought on that. Steam might actually sell me on the Embody chair, finally...

damn you, gaben.

Jak140

For those asking about l4d1:

The only reason to buy l4d1 is if you want to experience the game with less special infected zombies (it has boomers, hunters, smokers, and tanks; but not jockeys, spitters, or chargers), otherwise pretty much all of the l4d1 maps have been ported to l4d2. Having less special infected does change the gameplay dynamic, so it's up to you whether that is worth the extra $2.50 or not, but I personally never really got into l4d1 and I have 1600 hr+ in l4d2.

So Valve won't remove Batman: Arkham City and its DLC from my library despite not being able to help me with the CD Key issue and the fact the game won't run. Trying to find relevant support information for Games For Windows Live on Xbox.com has proven to be absolutely horrendous, everything is console-centric and you'd be hard-pressed to know they actually sell PC games or have some malware they pass off as a service. I think I've finally tumbled on an option to chat with support or open a support ticket on xbox.com but I have to reinstall Arkham City before chatting with them about this issue I imagine.

I bet I could have already downloaded a crack and have been playing my legitimately purchased software days ago. Instead I'm being bounced around between Valve, Warner Bros and Microsoft customer support. I bet pirates didn't have any problem playing their copies of Arkham City.

metalshade

borderlands goty, yay or nay?

Absolute YAY.
I played it for more than 400 hours, and every single one of them was in SOLO play, and it was brilliant.
Ignore those that say otherwise.
Plus at 4.99 with all DLC, you cant go wrong.
Good preparation for Borderlands 2 coming soon!!!

derFeef

In the last 24 hours, 0.

I own all three games already so IDGAF, but voting for something that already was on sale hours ago is ridiculous.

Amnesia is cheap anyway, and old...

It's just a sale, and a vote. More chance for more people, I am in the minority anyway I guess... but, AW locked in.

O.DOGG

I think I'll find time to play through the original Witcher first and wait for a sale come Christmas time to get the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom