• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend gifted Witcher 2. Redeemed backup copy on GOG. Looked at extras:

DxrAZ.png

mustnotfap.jpg

You're so behind Glass Rebel.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
On the verge of buying The Witcher 2. Still haven't finished the first one though, so I think I'll probably hope for 2 to get even cheaper during the winter sale.

Also, the Android Steam app sucks. Sure, it's functional, but it's SO DAMN SLOW. Although I guess that could be because of the sale.

kitzkozan

Absolute YAY.
I played it for more than 400 hours, and every single one of them was in SOLO play, and it was brilliant.
Ignore those that say otherwise.
Plus at 4.99 with all DLC, you cant go wrong.
Good preparation for Borderlands 2 coming soon!!!

Yes, but I would add that you just won't find it this cheap on either the 360 or PS3 unless you have coupons or traded a lot of game for instore credits. I'm down with the Borderlands GOTY after thinking about it (and it's a fps so the mouse+keyboard=optimal gameplay experience) .

GAF, I'm thinking of playing a game.

Crazy talk.

---

I'm considering Witcher 1 at $2.50. Not sure if my computer can run it though. Probably, but not that well. I think I'd rather spend that on Dota 2 keys or something rather than buy it and hold on to it when it'll easily be that price another time. I do want The Witcher 2, but I know I can't run it - certainly not as well as I'd like, so I'll be holding off at least until the Winter Sale for that one, which by then, I'll hopefully have a new PC. Should be 75% off then too.

And Skyrim would need to be $20 or less before I'd do the double dip. I'll probably just wait for a GOTY edition + sale though.

XOMTOR

I have a newfound respect for the Steam app. I was away from home, and when I found a wi-fi access point provided by my ISP, I was able to check the flash sale, and saw that it was The Witcher 2. That was on my list, so from my phone, I was able to buy it (with wallet funds), and even remote install it on my home pc via the post-checkout page. Nifty.

Yup, the Steam App is pretty sweet. If your PC is on at home, you can remote install any games in your library (not just new purchases), pause the download process and check its status. Hopefully they'll continue to update it; it'd be nice to see more community features cough *badges* cough. Surprised it doesn't get more mention here on GAF. I believe the mobile site provides similar functionality as the app but not quite as elegant.

Anyway, I voted Amnesia (not that I'll ever play more than 10 minutes of it even if I buy it).

1-D_FTW

is everybody getting the same crap download speeds?

I've been getting my max speeds this whole time. Just remember that if you're downloading multiple titles, it'll try and time them out so they all finish at the same time. A small game (when downloaded with a huge game) will get really tiny bandwidth allocation as a result.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I can't seem to purchase PixelJunk Eden. It says:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I checked my card and it has money on it. Any idea on why is this appearing?

I'd assume the same. Spending the money saved buy not buying games on getting better PCs helps too.

My machine is more than adequate to run Arkham City, the problem is the DRM. I can get past the securom activation where you first submit your key on the initial install but when prompted to re-add the key for GFWL, it fails.

beanman25

I can't seem to purchase PixelJunk Eden. It says:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I checked my card and it has money on it. Any idea on why is this appearing?

That just happened to me, kept trying and eventually it went through. I'm using PayPal if that matters though.

Helmholtz

Wow, the witcher 1 is $2.50? I got it for $5 a few years back and it was a steal even at that price. Anyone who's remotely interested in it should check it out, it's a neat game.

My machine is more than adequate to run Arkham City, the problem is the DRM. I can get past the securom activation where you first submit your key on the initial install but when prompted to re-add the key for GFWL, it fails.

Despite it being a good game, I regret buying because of its three levels of DRM. So damn ridiculous.

Megasoum

Banned
Jut finished Hard Reset... All the reviews were complaining about the short campaign... well it sure felt long to me lol. The new DLC added another 2-3 hours at least.

Anyway, beautiful game but very repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom