• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 is almost up and I've added Left 4 Dead 2 to my list of spoils.

Meat Boy is still sitting in my cart.

By the way

SUPER MEAT BOY SECRET FLASH SALE OVER IN UNDER AN HOUR

legacyzero

Banned
Damn. Witcher 2 is Tempting the SHIT out of me.. I'm just afraid that it'll run like crap on my rig. I have:

ATI 4890 with an AMD quad core. 8 GB ram.

iMJi384c8dw6X.gif

or Flash/Vote sales

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I can't seem to purchase PixelJunk Eden. It says:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I checked my card and it has money on it. Any idea on why is this appearing?

Anyone else?

XOMTOR

My machine is more than adequate to run Arkham City, the problem is the DRM. I can get past the securom activation where you first submit your key on the initial install but when prompted to re-add the key for GFWL, it fails.

Hope you eventually get it sorted. Try posting on the Steam Forums, there's quite a few guys there that have plenty of experience dealing with GFWL in this game.

Myself, I enjoyed it and luckily had no problem with my saves, but yea this game has been a pita for a whole lotta folks. Of course, I always use an "offline" profile to avoid any connection issues with GFWL servers; however it seems as though this has come back to bite me in the ass: the Harley Quinn Revenge DLC is cannot be purchased unless you have an online profile. Oh well, guess I just saved some more cash.

Despite it being a good game, I regret buying because of its three levels of DRM. So damn ridiculous.

Steam alone should be enough. It's retarded. Steam, Securom, limited activations and GFWL. I only paid 50% for it, but that's probably still too much given the hassle it's been to simply register the damned key and play the game.

There's a serious problem with your business model if you're more concerned about the people who will not give you money versus the experience of those who actually want to buy your products.

Yay.

Brilliant brilliant coop.

Absolute YAY.
I played it for more than 400 hours, and every single one of them was in SOLO play, and it was brilliant.
Ignore those that say otherwise.
Plus at 4.99 with all DLC, you cant go wrong.
Good preparation for Borderlands 2 coming soon!!!

Went ahead and bought it! The funny thing is I already own it on 360 but never played it.
backlogs... smh.
But I just traded it in on Amazon for $13.50 so fuck yeah!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sorry if this was already answered, but how do you enter a key into the GOG site for the Witcher2 backup if you bought off steam? I don't see anywhere in Steam or the sale email with a key.

Sorry if this was already answered, but how do you enter a key into the GOG site for the Witcher2 backup if you bought off steam? I don't see anywhere in Steam or the sale email with a key.

Go to your library page for witcher 2 and on the right side under links there is a thing that says cd key. Click on that and it will spit one out for you to enter at gog.

Fox318

Damage so far:

Tribes Starter Pack $4.99
Cubeman 2 pack $3.19
(Amazon)Sniper Elite V2 $14.99

Really looking at Skyrim but I want to finish Oblivion first.

Two Worlds 2( Want to play and beat the 1st game first).

Also with Indie Gala, Indie Royal, HumbleIndieBundle, and other bundles the steam deals don't look as attractive.

I went against my nature and bought The Witcher 2 knowing I won't play it for some time; And when I do, it'll have been cheaper. My rule has always been never spend more than $10 unless you're planning on playing it within the week. I've let down myself and the Steam sale community as a whole. If only I waited for 75%, I'd have saved approximately 4.8 Garshasps.

At least it's sorta confirmed Rage will be a $10 flash sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom