• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

I'm gonna pass on Witcher 2 for now. I already got Saints Row 3, Alan Wake, and SSF4AE as my go-to time killer. Plus i'll probably pick up Arkham City in this sale.

Helmholtz

Does either game bear any resemblance to the Souls games with respect to combat?
I haven't played those games (waiting for PC release of Dark Souls), but I've heard (on GAF) that Witcher 2 resembles their combat. I think most people still prefer the combat from the Souls games though.

eyeless

So I'm reading that other people are having my same problem of not being able to purchase stuff from Steam because the IP is different to the one used with the billing address (WTF?)

Any idea on how to fix this. I've used different browsers, waited a few minutes but still can't buy shit.

I'm gonna miss the good stuff!
if you are using a prepaid card you first need to activate the card on their website (visa,mastercard etc.) and then get a paypal account and tie the card to the paypal account, at which point you will be able to use it on steam.

not sure if that's your situation, but just in case.

Koroviev

I haven't played those games (waiting for PC release of Dark Souls), but I've heard that Witcher 2 resembles their combat. I think most people still prefer the combat from the Souls games though.

Just wondering if either has combat beyond clicking while having good armor equipped. I like my ARPGs to have dodging, rolling, parrying, etc.

Smellycat

Ok, Ys Origin looks awesome!! Do you guys think it will get any cheaper? I know that I missed the %70 off deal....

Also, do I need to play the other game first?

I haven't played those games (waiting for PC release of Dark Souls), but I've heard that Witcher 2 resembles their combat. I think most people still prefer the combat from the Souls games though.

Somewhat, but slower paced.

The witcher 2 act 1 is great, the rest of the game is pretty ordinary.... which is on the same level as the witcher 1.

Goddammit, both Skyrim and The Witcher 2 are on sale but not on the prices I was expecting (or wanting). I can hold off with Skyrim, but is there any chance Witcher 2 will get 75% off?

Koroviev

Goddammit, both Skyrim and The Witcher 2 are on sale but not on the prices I was expecting (or wanting). I can hold off with Skyrim, but is there any chance Witcher 2 will get 75% off?

Highly doubtful.

Did the store die or something? It's not letting me buy Witcher 1. Are you guys going to bite on 2 as well? Or wait?

Well, I have the first one, which I haven't played, so I feel that I should probably go through that beforehand.

HiiiLife

No HiiiLife don't let your "collection" habit kick in and purchase both Left 4 Deads when you'll be spending all time on L4D2 anyway :/

Just buy Witcher 2, it's a game that you will actually finish and not become rediculously bored with. My opinion blah blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom