• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

No it wasn't it had 31% of the vote — The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for 60% off

The 66% the poster was reffering to was the discount it was gonna get if it won. This sale its at 60% so Gabe took back 6% lol

No.

Steam_Sale_2012.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I only like blowing things up, and the explosions did it for me, buy it man no brainer.

It is super fucking fun. It's like a GI Joe game or some other crazy cartoon shit. Wish they'd put out more DLC or a sequel, I'd eat this shit up.

For kb/m I think you can turn on tank controls if you don't have a 2 stick controller.

Addition to that: if someone has Motion Sickness, this game could mean trouble. I cant play it :(

HiiiLife

I get a lot of flak for this opinion, but I wanted to throw it out there... L4D and it's sequel both play in visibly different ways. The weapon rebalancing and new infected tend to speed up L4D2's gameplay, while the original moves at a far more deliberate pace. Playing through No Mercy (or any other map) is a notably different experience between the games.

Ah I see. I may as well pick em both up since they are less than 10 dollars. Only got about 2.50 left in my wallet. Lol. Hoping amnesia will be that much... Or is it 75% off the twenty dollar tag rather than the ten dollar tag? If so then shitty titty.

Gonna get Witcher 1 and KOTOR.

How are the Steam versions of Max Payne 1 and 2? Thinking about getting the bundle. I've never played them, how well do they hold up? I assume they're pretty necessary before playing Max Payne 3?

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
I need help understanding my computer's hardware. Not knowing if it has enough power has kept me from spending hardly any money so far. I was about to buy Alan Wake but didn't want to have an unplayable game with my computer. (I am in no position to upgrade...I think).

Processor: AMD Phenom II P920 Quad-Core at 1.6 GHz
RAM: 6 GB (5.87 usable)
Graphics: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Is there an upper echelon of games I should avoid? Skyrim would be included among those I believe.

Yikes, I don't want to go through this sale empty handed! Thanks for your help.

Koroviev

Yeah, I'm outside the US unfortunately though. I'd Paypal someone money to send me the code for it, otherwise I'll just wait and hope it goes on a daily deal at some point.

You can use a real US address.

I need help understanding my computer's hardware. Not knowing if it has enough power has kept me from spending hardly any money so far. I was about to buy Alan Wake but didn't want to have an unplayable game with my computer. (I am in no position to upgrade...I think).

Is there an upper echelon of games I should avoid? Skyrim would be included among those I believe.

The card is weak, unfortunately.

Deliverance

Neo Member
Yeah, I'm outside the US unfortunately though. I'd Paypal someone money to send me the code for it, otherwise I'll just wait and hope it goes on a daily deal at some point.

I'm from Spain and I've bought plenty of games on Amazon. Just create an account with a random US billing address and you will be fine.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Go to your library page for witcher 2 and on the right side under links there is a thing that says cd key. Click on that and it will spit one out for you to enter at gog.

Thanks, I was in list view so didn't see that menu on the right.

Addition to that: if someone has Motion Sickness, this game could mean trouble. I cant play it :(

Now that you mention it, it did kind of make me woozy, but I'm going to have to say that was because I was 4 inches from the screen.

Sitting back has got to help out.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think I'm going to wait on Witcher 2 and Skyrim. I've already spent a good amount and it's only just begun. I need to slow down. Still planning on getting Walking Dead and Fallout games if they go for flash/daily deals.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Speak up if you've got a 4-pack you're looking to get filled or want to start. I'm not looking for anything, but I can be easily persuaded.

Believe it or not Skyrim is very lenient with hardware requirements. And even at low-medium settings, the game looks great.

So with Meat Boy and the Witcher 2 getting flash deals i guess the losers of the community choice vote will end up on there eventually.

So this could bode well for the QUBE waiters then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom