• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Fray...

Poor discount, crappy-looking game. 64-bit only though? Are you serious? And with otherwise low system requirements? What a joke.

And yeah, I'd believe the people saying the game itself is bad. I wouldn't go near it even if it was free.
If it's as broken as has been made out in the last few pages, I don't know how it's even got on Steam, never mind got a discount in the sale.

Levyne

Banned
Just on a whim played through Lone Survivor in one sitting. It's good and I recommend it. Nice to be able to play a game that dabbled a little bit in a horror setting since I'm too chicken to boot up Amnesia :/

Lain

If anyone could help me make a clear decision, I'd need some opinions on Dead Island+DLC and Two Worlds 2 DLC.
Is Dead Island worth it for someone that's only interested in the single player experience? What about the DLC?
Does the DLC for Two Worlds 2 adds enough of an interesting story to the main game, or is something that can be easily skipped without losing anything?

TheKurgan

So I came into this sale only wanting SR3. So far I have bought:

SR3
Blinding of Isaac + DLC
Renegade Ops + DLC
Left 4 Dead 2

I have no willpower...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If it's as broken as has been made out in the last few pages, I don't know how it's even got on Steam, never mind got a discount in the sale.

Its not even the "brokenness"or "bugs" that make it bad. Its so full of bad design and gameplay choices that I would like to slap the devs in the face >_< Such a wasted opportunity.

I know, but I gotta think positive. Witcher 2 is staring me down though.. I might break.

I know the feeling. My mouse is already hovering on the Add to Cart button. It's at the point where I'm convincing myself that if anything, I should buy it now just to support CD Projekt RED.

Dimorphic

So I live in Australia where L4D2 is super gimped (read: censored). Does any kind Gaffer want to gift it too me uncensored (assuming that still works). I'll PayPal back.

if anyone wants to trade, i have the darkness 2 steam code... want Tropico 4 with Modern times DLC only.. i posted in the steam trade thread but this might get more eyes

gonna take a bit with the updating cause the marvel studios panel is BLOWING MY MIND

I haven't been paying attention. Only thing I've heard about all weekend is an Activision Deadpool game. Any highlights with the films/Guardians of the Galaxy?

On a separate note now that I've got Witcher 1 and 2, SR3 and SSF4AE, the only thing I'm really waiting on is Arkham City to pop back up. Skyrim would've been cool but it's still too high for me at the moment.

The Street fighter cross Tekken of strategy game then? :]

Oooh snap!

Protein

Banned
Just on a whim played through Lone Survivor in one sitting. It's good and I recommend it. Nice to be able to play a game that dabbled a little bit in a horror setting since I'm too chicken to boot up Amnesia :/

Amnesia is pretty much one of the best horror games I've ever played. Believe me, I had trouble at first even getting through the menu screen + first area of the game. Just grow a beard and clench your fists, just one of those games were you have to muscle through or take baby steps. I did a combination of both and the payoff was worth it. Lights off, alone, headphones = best way to experience the horror.

Salsa

I haven't been paying attention. Only thing I've heard about all weekend is an Activision Deadpool game. Any highlights with the films/Guardians of the Galaxy?.

BOOOOOM SON!!!

Guardians-Galaxy-Logo-550x410.jpg

also:

- Ant-Man test footage shown, with Edgar Wright on stage
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Thor: The Dark World
- Ben Kingsley full on playing the Mandarin on Iron Man 3

/off-topic

kitzkozan

Amnesia is pretty much one of the best horror games I've ever played. Believe me, I had trouble at first even getting through the menu screen + first area of the game. Just grow a beard and clench your fists, just one of those games were you have to muscle through or take baby steps. I did a combination of both and the payoff was worth it. Lights off, alone, headphones = best way to experience the horror.

I voted for Amnesia in the hope of catching a 75% discount on it, since it does seems like a freak the crap out of you game with it's atmosphere and creepy sound effects.

BOOOOOM SON!!!

also:

:O :D

I envy my pal who is there now. Least I'll be going to NYCC later this year.

Just staring at my screen now, waiting on Witcher 1 to fully download....

PaulLFC

It's 2:48am. I'm staying up for another hour and 15 minutes to see what the next flash deal is. What have you done to me Gabe? What have you done?!

Koroviev

He should hire a local bear to help. You see, we lock him in a room with nothing but a high-spec pc, a desk setup and a pair of headphones. We unleash the bear into the outer room, so that he will be devoured if he tries to leave. Surely he'll have the courage to play through Amnesia then?

What the shit is up with Dead Island!? Has crashed twice for me when messing with video settings. Feels like it's choppy as fuck, even though FRAPS says I'm at a rock solid 60FPS. Tons of screen tearing even with VSync on. Is there some magic trick to get this feeling smooth?

kaskade

It's 2:48am. I'm staying up for another hour and 15 minutes to see what the next flash deal is. What have you done to me Gabe? What have you done?!
Chances are it'll still be be there when you wake up. I found that if I go to bed at a certain time I won't miss the deal when I wake up. This is crazy.

Damages so far:

Borderlands DLC (all)
Shogun 2 DLC
Warlock and all DLC
Grimrock
Force Unleashed 1 and 2
Darksiders
Trine Bundle
Binding of Issac DLC
Alan Waken American Nightmare
Orcs Must Die and all DLC
Both Ys games
Witcher 2

For a grand total of $82.94!!!!!

Fuck me.

BOOOOOM SON!!!

also:

/off-topic

Wait what, the movie is going to have rocket racoon? Ihoped for it, but i thought they wernt going to have the balls.
Disney/Marvel, how I love thee.

I dont find the ant man test footage :(

Vostro

Is anyone having download problem? I'm downloading Alan Wake but it doesnt go above 100kb/s for like the last 2 hours. And no it's not my internet cause I have no problem watching Youtube videos.

Retne

Is anyone having download problem? I'm downloading Alan Wake but it doesnt go above 100kb/s for like the last 2 hours. And no it's not my internet cause I have no problem watching Youtube videos.

I'm downloading the Tropico 4 demo and The Witcher at ~1.5 mb/s so not really. It's about half what I usually get from the steam servers but it's fast enough I don't feel like server hopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom