• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Witcher 2 Flash Sale or wait for Daily?

What are we voting for this round? I voted L4D2 even though I had it since most seemed to watch that as the others had already been on sale.

Minion101

Banned
Damages so far:

Borderlands DLC (all)
Shogun 2 DLC
Warlock and all DLC
Grimrock
Force Unleashed 1 and 2
Darksiders
Trine Bundle
Binding of Issac DLC
Alan Waken American Nightmare
Orcs Must Die and all DLC
Both Ys games
Witcher 2

For a grand total of $82.94!!!!!

Fuck me.
$82.94? Your like a 1%-er equivalent and the rest of us are the 99%.

Seriously. Fuck Dead Island. Do not buy this game. It runs like shit, unless there is a fix out there I'm not finding on google. Geforce 680, 2500k @ 4.5GHz, and 8 gigs ram. FRAPS says 60FPS, but it feels super fucking choppy and screen tearing everywhere even with VSYNC on.

Changing video settings to low doesn't change a thing (not shocking since I'm already at 60FPS supposedly).

HBroward

I posted in the trade thread, but I'm looking for a copy of Renegade Ops + DLC, I have the following to offer in trade: RUSH, Bit.Trip Runner, Breath of Death and Cthulhu Saves the World pack, and Cubemen. Please PM me if anyone is interested in some combo of those for a trade.

Alex

Seriously. Fuck Dead Island. Do not buy this game. It runs like shit, unless there is a fix out there I'm not finding on google. Geforce 680, 2500k @ 4.5GHz, and 8 gigs ram. FRAPS says 60FPS, but it feels super fucking choppy and screen tearing everywhere even with VSYNC on.

Changing video settings to low doesn't change a thing (not shocking since I'm already at 60FPS supposedly).

It ran at a flawless 60 for me on a single 560ti. No chug or tear at all.

Phreaker

Okay, thanks guys, buying Witcher 2. I've been wanting it and I finally have a good PC (thanks to this console gen lasting too long).

Ultimadrago

I wake up to see...a Witcher 2 Flash Sale!

aiWkt.png

Stitch

Gold Member

use this
http://www.theplaywrite.com/tools-a...nd-apply-tweaks-without-having-to-edit-files/

actually everyone with dead island should use this

Bruiserk

BOOOOOM SON!!!

Guardians-Galaxy-Logo-550x410.jpg

also:

- Ant-Man test footage shown, with Edgar Wright on stage
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Thor: The Dark World
- Ben Kingsley full on playing the Mandarin on Iron Man 3

/off-topic

Is this part of the live action marvel cinematic universe?

Is this panel being live streamed?

Cheddahz

Banned
Well looks like Analogue: A Hate Story is now mine, one of my good friends decided to buy it for me

So overall, I bought Ys: Oath and I have received Just Cause 2 and Analogue: A Hate Story as gifts. Spending 5 bucks overall has actually been a record for me

Katoki

Just started up Ys Origin 35 minutes ago. Bought the game based on the Steam video and screen shots for it, comments and the love for it from GAF without looking into anything else.

Needless to say everything else I've spent money on will be ignored now. Looooovvvveee.

On a side note: At least you can alt+tab out and let those cut scenes play out while you read the forums.

Phreaker

Oh I also bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, 50% off. I figured that was not going to be a daily, but I loved the first two and never played that one.

DSmalls84

So far:

Grimrock
Tropico 4 Bundle
Witcher 2

Side Note: Anyone else who can't get Tropico to launch? I launch it at first and it crashed to desktop, after a driver update it launched in safe mode at a low res and crashe if I changed any settings.

HiiiLife

I honestly can't think of games that i "want" now. I'm happy with the few valve games I have. I guess it's time to buy some PS2 classic games. Vice city sale lower please.

ugh, that dirt showdown is tempting...it says it's 15 gigapixels...wonder if i have enough space on my laptop...anyone know how well optimized codemaster games typically are for less-capable devices?

What I want to do: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

But only game I have bought so far has been Legend of Grimrock. Either I have the games they are selling or just no interested. I used to be so weak.... :(

Edit: If you enjoy jrpg's then please pick up Cthulhu Saves the world & Breath of Death VII double pack. Fun games and short to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom