• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace33

Damages so far:

$1.24- the Binding of Issac

Feels good as I have very little interest in most of the stuff on sale so far, or I already own them. 8^)

Koroviev

Damages so far:

Feels good as I have very little interest in most of the stuff on sale so far, or I already own them. 8^)

The secret to self-control: give in so much that you can't give in any more. (Steam won't let you...on one account.)

Damages so far:

It's nice isn't it. I'm down for the same amount of damage also (if you don't count buying the Shogun 2 blood pack for 95c off Amazon). Looking forward to the new items in Isaac, and I just love the music.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just realized that with DiRT Showdown being one of the dailies, they have also greatly marked down ALL of the DiRT games.

I just bought DiRT for $2.49 and DiRT 2 for $4.99. Man, so many games go on crazy sale prices that it's hard to keep up with all of the sales, lol.

My wallet is getting lighter...

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just bought $100 in Steam dollaz so each flash deal wouldn't cause me to use my debit card and potentially freeze it. Gosh.

bigace33

The secret to self-control: give in so much that you can't give in any more. (Steam won't let you...on one account.)

lol the only thing could really tempt me right now is Arkham City at an insane price.Beat the 360 version but would love to beat it on PC with all the DLC.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just bought $100 in Steam dollaz so each flash deal wouldn't cause me to use my debit card and potentially freeze it. Gosh.

I had my credit card freeze on me making my last purchase in the sale. One 10-minute phone call fixed that

Anyhoo, I don't have the PC adapter for X360 gamepads, but I do have a DualShock 3. I'm going to grab the MotionInJoy drivers, but any other suggestion for DS3 drivers would be good. Just want to play Ridge Racer Unbounded with a gamepad, and this will do until I can grab the X360 wireless adapter.

feel

Fuck Half-Life 3, next priority for Valve should be introducing proper Live Chat Customer Support.

All day I've been waiting to hear back from them because my account has been inexplicably locked out of making purchases. Had to create a new account to buy Witcher 2 and then send it as a gift to myself.. I'm betting they'll probably have the nerve to get mad at me for using two accounts on the same IP and with the same paypal account, in order to still give them money despite their best efforts in trying to block me from doing so.

What does the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Director's Cut contain? Is it like DLC for the main game?

It has some new stuff, but it is more a replacement for the original game with all the 360 version improvements.

my friend told me that left4dead 2 INCLUDES left4dead 1. Is that true? if so what is the point of the two pack?

No they are different games. Maybe he is confused by shared maps.

i just got the darkness 2 on Amazon.com and they gave me a key but since i purchased the game before i didn't really know which one was new and which one was used so he tried entering both multiple times, i thought it was the key that was faulty so i contacted Amazon and they replaced the code with a new one and it still isn't adding it onto his account.. is it possible that his account was locked from registering any games? and if so how long does he have to wait?

Relax.MX

I played KOTOR like 20 hrs(light side) but my PC died and I never played again..

Pull the trigger and play the game again on dark side? Are " real" changes?

my friend told me that left4dead 2 INCLUDES left4dead 1. Is that true? if so what is the point of the two pack?

I don't believe it does, at least it certainly doesn't mention including the original on the sale page on steam. If you're interested I know at least 1 other person who's wanting to get in on a US 4 pack of left 4 dead 2, if you're in US and don't mind hosting 1 I'd be happy to go in with you (either paypal you the cash or gift you something).

What does the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Director's Cut contain? Is it like DLC for the main game?

From the Steam page:

Enhanced Edition features:
Compared to the initial award winning PC release, the Enhanced Edition features lots of new and exciting content:
Additional hours of gameplay: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters.
New Game Introduction and cinematics: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn.
BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.
All of the up-to-date DLC and improvements introduced in the 2.0 version of the PC game, including:
Arena Mode – an arcade mode that allows players to fight against endless waves of enemies and test their combat skills. Players can share their results with their friends by uploading high scores to the forums or to Facebook .
A new, extensive tutorial system - allows gamers to be gradually and smoothly immersed in the game world and Geralt’s adventures.
Dark Mode – a difficulty level designed for hardcore players, with unique dark-themed items. At this difficulty level, even greater emphasis is placed on battle preparation, defensive maneuvers and opportunistic attacking.
Official soundtrack in MP3 format.
World Map - A map of the game's world.
Quest Handbook - The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
Game Manual - A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.

Read carefully, it's not The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- it's The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Meaning, the first game.

You do know there is an Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition right?

Ah it that what you were referring to :| My bad.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I reaaaaally hope it won't a be Flash Deal.
I need to sleep damnit!!!..

Owh~~ 30 minutes until next deal---

I hate thes flash deals from the bottom of my heart. Seriously.

Anyone have a spot in a L4D2 four pack? I finally decided I wanted to pick it up.

I've been msging people like crazy trying to set one up, I can't host because we'd all get the gimped and censored Aussie version but I'm in if we arrange one.

2 other posters have expressed interest in the game not sure if they are down for a 4 pack.

Dimorphic - another aussie looking for a US buddy to help him out
Anticitizen One - asking about whether l4d2 includes l4d1 (potential 4 pack buyer?)

We'd just need a host and the rest is cheesy (easy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom