• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo

As a new PC owner this sale has been great. Just waiting for Fallout series. Would love Arkham City for super cheap and it would be great if The Walking Dead got cheaper, but I'll probably bite at the price it's at if not.

I could have bought more but I decided to reign in my spending and focus on games I would play now. As a new PC gamer it's very easy to just spend, spend, spend because lots of these games I missed out on. I'm keeping in mind that in 6 months there will be a winter sale and stuff like Skyrim will be even cheaper.

Arkham City will be 66% off almost guaranteed.

Tess3ract

Banned
Trip report:

Two Worlds 2 owns.

Still as janky as the first (jank owns, deal with it, it's a european game feature) and not nearly as funny as the first. It tries way too hard to be serious instead of goofy, but it's still goofy and that's a good thing because if it wasn't it'd be worse than Gothic 3. Fortunately, Two Worlds 2 improves on the first by having a slightly better combat system, cutscenes are better, and a magic system that is extremely customizable in a way I've never really seen in a game before.

The UI is two steps back but familiar to the first game, and the controls are about on par but feel floaty compared to the first game.

Crafting and upgrading items is way better and more modular than before, only requiring that you break down items instead of having the same type of item in order to upgrade. You can do more and combine gems even.

Certain issues that seem to be frustrating:

The landmass that is much bigger than everything else, isn't for single player. That's MP only. Why? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Fuck you.
Can't buy stacks of items, making buying a bunch of something frustrating. You can sell a bunch of stuff though.
They made it so you can walk around in conversations but there's no point to it. You can't move away from someone to end a conversation early.
A bunch of locked items aren't because you don't have a key for it, but rather because they don't want you doing something yet. Eugh.

Anyways if you're a gothic fan or two worlds fan, pick it up, it's good. Fuck the naysayers, they have shit taste.

I missed it too :(

deal-with-it-gabe.jpg

:p

Quick question: Is Left 4 Dead 1 still worth owning, if you have part 2?

Also how does Ys hold up as an RPG? And are there any decent RTS;s on sale right now?

Already purchased :

- Portal 2
-Bioshock Collection
-Alan Wake Collection
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Rayman Origins
-Trine 2
-Terraria
-Alice

and I am still shopping for more...

Blu10

So I already own Frozen Synapse but I want FS red, and I would like to gift one of the FS keys to my friend. Do I need to purchase as a gift, or purchase for myself, and then I'll be able to gift the FS keys?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Civ 5...god damnit. I gotta resist the urge.

sankao

Bought Two Worlds II on 360 because of good word of mouth on GAF. It looked atrocious (horrible bloom, insufferable "motion blur"), played atrociously. In-game cutscenes were not laughably bad, just bad. Think one two seconds animation loop over and over and poor voice acting. Can't imagine it would be any different on PC.
If you're craving for a WRPG, don't buy this game, as it would only lessen your esteem for the genre.

the GOTY CIV5 is a steal....

Bought Two Worlds II on 360 because of good word of mouth on GAF. It looked atrocious (horrible bloom, insufferable "motion blur"), played atrociously. In-game cutscenes were not laughably bad, just bad. Think one two seconds animation loop over and over and poor voice acting. Can't imagine it would be any different on PC.
If you're craving for a WRPG, don't buy this game, as it would only lessen your esteem for the genre.

ive been told that its one of the better open RPG games...and i still didnt buy it. n

just wanted to hop in and say Ys....one of the best impulse buys I've made. I knew nothing about it but gaf hype did not let me down. I'm having an absolute blast so far in Oath

Hoplatee

Awesome. Is the Colonization 'remake' any good? I adored the original and still play it sometimes. Must be one of my most played games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom