• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sale has been pretty lackluster thus far compared to past sales :/

pam-rolls-eyes_o_gifspaoas.gif

LuffyZoro

Well, this sale hasn't had the two items I really want on sale yet, and I haven't bought much. On the other hand, it's only Day 2, and I don't really want to empty my bank account.

jph139

It feels a bit less exciting to me with the lack of achievements and games - and the fact that, deal-wise, none of my must-haves (Civilization V, Mirror's Edge...) have gone down yet.

Yes, and that's the only edition. It also doesn't have Director's Cut (aka nude girl cards) in the title, so he's clearly talking about the first game, which has a listing on the Witcher 2 store page.

For some reason, I was thinking they had the original Witcher 2 up there along with Enhanced Edition.

Gibbo

Reading the custom PC and Alienware X51 threads, I think I'm among a few guys who have made the transition from Console to PC this year after a long hiatus. And for me, this Steam Sale has been nothing short of awesome so far :).

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone have some advice for some laptop/netbook games? I've got Athlon Dual Core, 2.1 Ghz, Geforce 8200 M G, and 3 GB RAM.

Basically I have the recent indie bundle of like 8 games, Commandos back, and I've gotten Binding of Isaac and Frozen Synapse so far in this sale. Any other suggestions?

Palehorse

I have pulled the trigger on

Dead Island
Shogun 2 (Wow, why did I wait on that game, it's great!)
Renegade Ops + DLC

It's only day 3 and I've bought 200% more games than I planned on. I love the steam sales.

Striek

Speak for yourself :D

I clearly just did.

Really? I've been enjoying it just as much as I always do. Prices not to your liking, or is it something else?
Well given its a sale, the prices ;)

Feels like its just a recollection of prices we've seen in the past few months/Christmas sale. All the other DD services have been more aggressive but I have been waiting to see what steam would do on some titles. Indie bundles have also been pretty boring, though I already own most of them anyway.

We're not even halfway done yet...
"Thus far"

Gibbo

Anyone have some advice for some laptop/netbook games? I've got Athlon Dual Core, 2.1 Ghz, Geforce 8200 M G, and 3 GB RAM.

Basically I have the recent indie bundle of like 8 games, Commandos back, and I've gotten Binding of Isaac and Frozen Synapse so far in this sale. Any other suggestions?

I was about to recommend Football Manager 2012 (it will destroy your social life) - But I see that it is 10bucks more than what it was going for during the flash deal yesterday. $17bucks is still worth it for the game tho.

I feel like it's great for those new to Steam or PC gaming and trying to build up a library, but if you've been around the block and follow deals on Steam and other sites there's not much here. I've bought Ys Origin for 8 bucks and that's it. Everything else I either have or been cheaper on other sites or game is too old. Lots of repeat sales.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
As a new PC owner this sale has been great. Just waiting for Fallout series. Would love Arkham City for super cheap and it would be great if The Walking Dead got cheaper, but I'll probably bite at the price it's at if not.

I could have bought more but I decided to reign in my spending and focus on games I would play now. As a new PC gamer it's very easy to just spend, spend, spend because lots of these games I missed out on. I'm keeping in mind that in 6 months there will be a winter sale and stuff like Skyrim will be even cheaper.

Has anyone been able to buy anything in the last 45 minutes? I keep getting the ol'
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

This sucks, I gotta go out in a few and these deals are ending in about 2 hours.

Well given its a sale, the prices ;)

Feels like its just a recollection of prices we've seen in the past few months/Christmas sale. All the other DD services have been more aggressive but I have been waiting to see what steam would do on some titles. Indie bundles have also been pretty boring, though I already own most of them anyway.

Well hey, a lot of people are bummed about the lack of achievements or tickets or potatoes or whatever, I thought you might be referring to that! It's not a weird question. ;p

As far as pricing goes, well...that's subjective, so there's not going to be much I can do to convince you of how utterly wrong you are! ;) I confess I have been a bit underwhelmed in a few cases, but for the most part I've been quite happy with the pricing.

Has anyone been able to buy anything in the last 45 minutes? I keep getting the ol'

Hmmm, I just bought a few things less than ten minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom