• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo

Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem if I try and boot a game I just downloaded (Renegade Ops) and only a black screen is displayed (no sound or anything)? Will I have to reinstall it or is there another possible reason this is happening?

I'm doing the exact same thing.

Hear that Valve? That's at least 3 confirmed sales if you increase the Gal Civ 2 discount!

I picked it up at $10. I'm sure I'll regret that and hear "wait for the daily deal." I figured the amount of time that game will suck up will be well worth $10. At least that'll be my rationalization.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, for americans, how much is Civ 5:GOTY and the gods and kings expansion cost altogther?

It'll be $60 for me here in australia.

Is anyone having trouble purchasing? I have been trying to purchase two copies of Left 4 Dead 2 for the last hour but every transaction has resulted in errors and a failed log on my account. This is via PayPal and credit card. Unfortunately I'm at work as well, so I cannot wait to contact Valve before the discount ends in 3 hours. Advice would be much appreciated! I finish work in two hours, so I'll have one more hour to attempt to purchase two copies before the price goes up... :(

I wouldn't be suprised if gal civ is a daily.

But it's worth 10 anyway.

Edit: lol prince of persia complete pack purchased before it gets taken down!

Jzero

Is anyone having trouble purchasing? I have been trying to purchase two copies of Left 4 Dead 2 for the last hour but every transaction has resulted in errors and a failed log on my account. This is via PayPal and credit card. Unfortunately I'm at work as well, so I cannot wait to contact Valve before the discount ends in 3 hours. Advice would be much appreciated! I finish work in two hours, so I'll have one more hour to attempt to purchase two copies before the price goes up... :(

i just bought the witcher 1 with no problems.

Katoki

Still think this one is the best

colon1.gif

This made me think of HoMM2. Wish it were on Steam, I'd totally buy it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Civ 5 GOTY: $7.49
Civ 5: Korea & Wonders of the Ancient World Combo: $1.86
Civ 4 Complete Edition: $7.49
Civ 3 Complete: $1.24

Your Total: $23.08
Collection: $24.99
You Save: $1.91

Am I doing it wrong?

Just about right, although I heard Civ3 sucks.

Retne

I haven't had any issues with any of my purchases. Are you buying via the mobile app or the website?

oh man I am so glad I picked up American Nightmare.

Mr. Scratch really shined in it. Alan Wake better win the vote so I can get that again too.

There needs to be a Steam Sale episode of Hoarders. After doing the math, it's going to take at least a decade to complete every game on the list at 4 hours of sleep per night.

*looks around at the sunken chests, swollen bellies, and tired eyes of Steam Sale-GAF*... and I know I'm not alone.

Phreaker

Uh I just bought Civ V GOTY and it isn't showing up in my library. It's appeared under my transactions but it's not in my library. Is this going to be a problem?

I am not sure, but that happen to me when I bought Witcher 2 a bit ago. Then when it did show up in my library it said it could not be installed. It sorted itself out after a few minutes though and I'm (still) downloading.

ooo PoP deal...already beat those game on xbox regular....so yea....
There needs to be a Steam Sale episode of Hoarders. After doing the math, it's going to take at least a decade to complete every game on the list at 4 hours of sleep per night.

*looks around at the sunken chests, swollen bellies, and tired eyes of Steam Sale-GAF*... and I know I'm not alone.

who beats games? we just buy them and dont play them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up Darksiders for $4 on GMG. Seems they got a new batch of keys, because they gave me one right away. Now I really won't have the time to play everything I've gotten from this sale before the winter one (or I'll have to rush over every game, and skip the Max Payne 3 multiplayer - both things I won't be doing!).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is KOTOR pretty outdated at this point? I remember watching a friend playing it and liking it, but I would imagine it might be hard to go back to.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm kinda hesitant on that, if all the games in there were discounted by 75% it should be $12.50, the bundle price before discount is $10 higher than all the titles prices combined. Hoping it's an error and it goes lower. I know, $2.50, but damn that goes a long way during a steam sale.

I don't really want to go over 10 dollars on 1 purchase unless it's something like Fallout 3/NV GOTY for 10-15. Been sticking with mainly 5 and under deals outside of Ys Origin for 12 at the time.

I'm kinda hesitant on that, if all the games in there were discounted by 75% it should be $12.50, the bundle price before discount is $10 higher than all the titles prices combined. Hoping it's an error and it goes lower. I know, $2.50, but damn that goes a long way during a steam sale.

Hahaha I hadn't noticed. I should have just added individually dammit.

Retne

I really wouldn't pull the trigger on that. The first 3 PoPs were going for $2.50 a piece last winter and I think that's about the sweet spot for them. I don't know about PoP '08 and The Forgotten Sands.

Under the "Features" section for Skyrim, the only thing it says is Single Player.

This game... does have achievements. Doesn't it? I'm going to be pretty goddamn pissed if I just spent $30 on a game with no achievements.

CTE

Just bought L4D2 in time before it went off sale. Downloading now at 1.2mb. Faster than I expected, given all the traffic on Steam right now.

Can't believe I managed to wait this long to buy it.

Now I wait for Arma II as many others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom