• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one I've found to be missing for it is the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World - Combo Pack. Combo is $1.86 whereas individually they're $1.24 a piece. Will see combo if you click on either of the DLC though.

Just checked them after seeing your post, that seems to be the only two missing (as well as Gods & Kings, but I'm going to wait to see if the price drops during the Winter Sale).

Mako_Drug

If someone in the US can gift me a copy of L4D2 and I'll paypal you the $. Australian trying to get around the low violence version :(

I'd really appreciate it!

dwebo

It says that you need Civ 4 in order to run BTS, so I would at least need to buy it.
Yeah you need Civ 4 to be installed to run the expansions.
does it force you to buy it? the last few times I've played it, I only install BTS and it works fine

whether it requires the other games to be in your account is another matter which I'm not sure about. it's only a few bucks either way, so whatever

Katoki

Funny thing is that you can save $1.91 if you purchased all of the stuff in the Civilization Collection in a certain way. I only did it because I got curious since I was only going to grab Civ 5 GOTY. Then again, this is only if I haven't fudged any of the addition.

oh god.

I just bought the Civ IV collection and when I looked at my library I noticed there were duplicate entries for Civ IV, Civ IV: Warlords, Civ IV:BtS, and a single entry for Civ IV: Colonization. Then I realized I already bought an earlier pack.

Facepalm.

They're the Mac versions. You can't get duplicate copies on Steam

Looks so ugly

Retne

What's GAF's take on E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy?

Yay or Nay?

It takes a little homework to get into but it can be fun. You probably want to look around and find a couple youtube tutorials before you even bother booting the game up though. The UI is a bit of a jumbled mess.

jph139

Why if I may ask.

Well, Civilization V is Steam-exclusive and not available in retail (well, it is, but it only comes with a download code), which immediately turned a lot of people who were unfamiliar with the service off. The wounds have yet to heal.

It's silly, but, eh - they make cool mods, so I forgive them.

oh god.

I just bought the Civ IV collection and when I looked at my library I noticed there were duplicate entries for Civ IV, Civ IV: Warlords, Civ IV:BtS, and a single entry for Civ IV: Colonization. Then I realized I already bought an earlier pack.

Facepalm.

Those are probably just the icons for the mac versions. Buying a game multiple times on steam doesn't create duplicates like that anyway.

Edit: Damn, beaten. This thread moves wayyyy too fast

Retne

Well, Civilization V is Steam-exclusive and not available in retail (well, it is, but it only comes with a download code), which immediately turned a lot of people who were unfamiliar with the service off. The wounds have yet to heal.

It's silly, but, eh - they make cool mods, so I forgive them.

Well I can understand not wanting to be forced onto a download platform you weren't already a part of. I really resented Valve back when they pulled that shit with HL2. I didn't have a non-valve game on steam until 2011 I was so salty about it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was going to buy Civ V, but at the last minute I decided against it. I was going to buy it to see if I actually enjoy these kinda games - I've never played any civilization before and I kinda didn't want to spend 18 bucks shooting in the dark.

I guess i'll keep those 18 bucks to Dead Rising and Assassin's Creeds, which I really want to buy.

How is Civ III Complete? I'd like to play Civilization on my laptop, but it chugs on IV as I approach endgame.

I played vanilla Civ III back in the day and was somewhat let down, but remember hearing that it improved considerably with the expansions. And yes, I know it's only $1.24 but I don't want to waste the time installing and playing it if the game is still the black sheep of the series.

jgminto

Uh I just bought Civ V GOTY and it isn't showing up in my library. It's appeared under my transactions but it's not in my library. Is this going to be a problem?

Retne

I was going to buy Civ V, but at the last minute I decided against it. I was going to buy it to see if I actually enjoy these kinda games - I've never played any civilization before and I kinda didn't want to spend 18 bucks shooting in the dark.

I guess i'll keep those 18 bucks to Dead Rising and Assassin's Creeds, which I really want to buy.

You can always grab the demo. Also you can skip the DLC if you aren't 100% on it. There's a boat load of game there for $7.50.

@jgminto: There have been a couple problems arise like that. They usually end up sorting themselves out after ~30 minutes. You can try restarting your steam client which may also help.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You can always grab the demo. Also you can skip the DLC if you aren't 100% on it. There's a boat load of game there for $7.50.

I played the demo twice (and since Civ games are long, you know...) and it really grabbed my attention, but it doesn't seem the kind of game that I would actually get really into.

Thinking about it, I rather play The Witcher 2 (which I already skipped, because my backlog is so huge) than Civ V, and they're both the same price... Administrative call on that one.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

You might want to nab Galactic Civilizations 2 or Civilization IV if you're curious about the genre. I really enjoyed Civ V but the AI is all kind of goofy.

Uh I just bought Civ V GOTY and it isn't showing up in my library. It's appeared under my transactions but it's not in my library. Is this going to be a problem?

Check you inventory? Maybe you accidentally bought it as a gift.

You're checking under sid meier alphabetically right? Other than that, wait a little bit, hopefully it shows soon.

So do these flash deals have any sort of exact time. Like can we always expect them to end certain times every day? IIRC 2 ended yesterday at 1am EST which will happen again tonight also.

kinda disappointed with borderlands and dead island prices... I was expecting 3€ for borderdlands and 5€ for dead island...

Btw I'm really enjoying tomb raider anniversary!!

Katoki

Civ 5 GOTY: $12.49
Civ 5: Korea & Wonders of the Ancient World Combo: $1.86
Civ 4 Complete Edition: $7.49
Civ 3 Complete: $1.24

Your Total: $23.08
Collection: $24.99
You Save: $1.91

Am I doing it wrong?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So do these flash deals have any sort of exact time. Like can we always expect them to end certain times every day? IIRC 2 ended yesterday at 1am EST which will happen again tonight also.

If you're either in US Pacific, US eastern or Brazil, check my spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq2rXl7gyxo5dGs2V2dORDZ5ZmxyQXVXc1otNGtjbnc#gid=8

It was going to be open so everybody could add new spreadsheets with their timezones and extra info if they wanted, but that didn't work, so fuck'em.

kitzkozan

If I pick up Civ 5 GotY, is there any other DLC packs I need to pick up that aren't in it? And if so, what?

I checked the forums and Korea+Wonders of the ancient world seem to be the DLC to get. The real expansion which is Gods and Kings is a given, but it's new and it's going to be pricey until the winter sale at the very least.

Still think this one is the best

colon1.gif

Mr. F

Banned
Just Frozen Synapse for me today, I think. Good sales so far but really nerve-wracking not having a lot of cash to spend. Gotta make it last the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom