• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
my limit was $50 buck... Already down $30

Orc must die GOTY
Ys Origin
The Witcher 2

I just might break down, take my wallet out, and give them another $50 xD

Katoki

my limit was $50 buck... Already down $30

Orc must die GOTY
Ys Origin
The Witcher 2

I just might break down, take my wallet out, and give them another $50 xD

I started with $100. Had to add $50 more after brother also wanted that Civilization Collection. Have $48 now. Damn it all it's only Day 3.

yogloo

Witcher 2 - 14.99
Left 4 dead 2 - 4.99
Kotor, borderlands goty, tropico 4 + modern times, dirt 2 - 27.45
Bioshock 2 - 4.99
Alan wake bundle - 9.99
From dust, sonic gen, AC: rev - 27.52
Tomb raider legend, ann, underworld, lara croft gol - 13.71
Trine bundle - 4.99
Darksiders - 4.99
SR3 - 12.49
Mafia 2, portal 2 - 12.48

Wanted to buy
SF4AE - regioncockblocked
Ys - put into cart and forgot to check out. Missed the sale.
Skyrim, cod mw3, max payne 3 - after noticing my damage, I decided to wait on it a bit.

Currently wondering about civ v, should I buy it? I loved civ iv, but I am not too good in these types of games.

Karmum

Banned
To buy Max Payne 3...to not buy Max Payne 3...

I mean, it'll be $30 again eventually...right? I've only spent $5 so far, and my limit is pretty low cause I'm being a cheap bastard.

My $125 of damage so far:

Syberia Collection
Renegade Ops
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2
Payday: The Heist
Ys Origin
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Steam Store
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Darksiders
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One
The Binding Of Isaac
Back to the Future: The Game
Saints Row: The Third
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Rayman Origins
Legend of Grimrock

Bentendo

So apparently during one of those indie bundles a couple of months ago I got a game called 'The Ship' and didn't realize that I had a giftable copy of the game as well. I've never heard of it and don't really intend on playing it, but if you want to add a game to your library that you don't already have, then just quote this and you'll get it.

BTW: My Steam name is either bentendo24 or vegeben, so add me so I can send you the gift.

Darktalon

It hurts just to type this out.

Prince of Persia Complete Pack - $15.00
Plants vs Zombies - $2.50
Frozen Synapse Red DLC - $2.00
Alice Madness Returns - $5.00
Alan Wake Bundle - $10.00
Tomb Raider: Legend - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $2.50
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $5.00
From Dust - $3.75
Darksiders - $5.00
Trine 2 - $3.75
Back to the Future - $6.25
Hydrophobia Prophecy - $1.25
Terraria - $2.50

TOTAL DAMAGE TO WALLET = $67.00

WHY GABEN!?!

kitzkozan

So what's in the GOTY version of Civ V?

Official digital soundtrack

All 4 cradle of Civilization Map packs (Mediterranean, Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia)

Double civilization and Scenario pack: Spain and Inca

Civilization and Scenario pack: Polynesia, Denmark (The Vikings)

Civilization pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)

Explorer's Map pack

And the core game: Civilization V

Fewr

So apparently during one of those indie bundles a couple of months ago I got a game called 'The Ship' and didn't realize that I had a giftable copy of the game as well. I've never heard of it and don't really intend on playing it, but if you want to add a game to your library that you don't already have, then just quote this and you'll get it.

BTW: My Steam name is either bentendo24 or vegeben, so add me so I can send you the gift.

Try it, it's a good game.

Darktalon

ok

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

Prince of Persia Complete Pack - $2.50
From Dust - $3.75
Darksiders - $5.00
Trine 2 - $3.75
Terraria - $2.50

WHY GABEN!?!

I'm at $85.

sazzy

I'd like it!

edit- woops too later

Proc

quick gaf...which civ 5 dlc is worth it? I guess I'll grab gods and kings at that price too. I only have the base game right now from launch and love playing it the odd time.

Also...binding of isaac? Is it fun?

My $125 of damage so far:

Syberia Collection
Renegade Ops
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2
Payday: The Heist
Ys Origin
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Steam Store
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Darksiders
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One
The Binding Of Isaac
Back to the Future: The Game
Saints Row: The Third
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Rayman Origins
Legend of Grimrock

God damn...

Prince of Persia Complete Pack - $2.50
From Dust - $3.75
Darksiders - $5.00
Trine 2 - $3.75
Terraria - $2.50

WHY GABEN!?!
How did you get the Prince of Persia complete pack for 2.50?

Hoplatee

I want to play a game I bought recently. But which one?

*3 minutes later*

Ah screw it, back to playing something I already installed way before this sale.

:(

Does Witcher 2 play better with 360 controller or KB/M?

I personally played it twice with 360 controller. I don't know why the keyboard controls didn't click with me. Getting through menus is a bit of a pain with controller, but you get used to it. Not like you're in the menus non stop or anything. It's not a loot game.

quick gaf...which civ 5 dlc is worth it? I guess I'll grab gods and kings at that price too. I only have the base game right now from launch and love playing it the odd time.

I really, really hated Binding of Isaac, but other people liked it. So idk, buy at your own risk?

My complaints were: Shitty controls, bad graphics (simple is not necessarily bad, but I felt here they were just bad), completely random dungeons led to a feeling of "uninspiredness". Just felt really repetitive and bland.

Listen to some opposing opinions first though, maybe it's your cup of tea. For the record, I generally like this genre of game

O.DOGG

To buy Max Payne 3...to not buy Max Payne 3...

I mean, it'll be $30 again eventually...right? I've only spent $5 so far, and my limit is pretty low cause I'm being a cheap bastard.

Well, I enjoyed (still am) the hell out of it. My game of the year so far. Playing through it for the fifth time. It's definitely not for everyone, as some people seem to hate it.

To me it's the most fun I've had shooting people since... I don't even remember. It doesn't have the vibe of the original two games but I think it may be even better. Amazing level of detail, great graphics... If you can spend that much, I think you won't be disappointed. But I've seen polarized opinions, so you may also want to hear someone else's before pulling the trigger.

Retne

Hell ya Binding of Isaac is fun. I've sunk over 100 hours into that damn game. It's great because it runs on my work computer so I can do a run or two when I feel like taking a break. If you do decide to buy it make sure you buy the DLC as a gift. The DLC changes the game permanently and it makes the game a bit harder. You probably want to feel comfortable with the base game before adding the DLC otherwise you will spend your first 50+ deaths learning how to not die.

As for Civ V DLC I would say the extra Civilizations are probably the best add on. They can help to add variety to games.

I personally played it twice with 360 controller. I don't know why the keyboard controls didn't click with me. Getting through menus is a bit of a pain with controller, but you get used to it. Not like you're in the menus non stop or anything. It's not a loot game.

Do I have to change the button layout, or is it the same as the 360 version?

hitmon

I've held out from getting Witcher 2 so far..but now CIV V flash deal is just killing me to buy. I must resist.. Any feedback on how Civ V is? I haven't played a Civ game since CIV III.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well it seems to be a glitch/error so the decision making is gonna be harder imo
I think I'll pass. I'm not desperate to have them, and surely they will be cheaper come winter sale.
As my first Steam sale ever, may I ask if it's normal to spend more time watching the prices and promotions than actually playing the games I bought? As in a 99:1 ratio?

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
So what's the verdict on Two Worlds 2 and it's dlc expansion? I remember when it first came out on PC, some users were hyping it up so much (dennis4k or something like that?), and after it had been released for a while, many users were acting like it was total shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom