• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobassgo

Banned
i'm trying to buy the Civ pack but i'm getting an error message saying "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Anyone else getting this?

antitrop

Is it stupid that I want to buy l4d2 even though I'm not into fps?
I would say it kind of is. You do absolutely nothing in that game except shoot in the first person point of view. It has very little variety to offer someone that doesn't like the entire genre as a principle. It's like saying "I don't like comedy movies, but should I go see Ted?".

Psi

I can't believe the amount of awesomeness of Saints Row The Third, Holy Fucking Shit, it literally drops you right in the middle of some of the most ridiculous and over the top shit I've ever seen/played and keeps like that for a good 45 min, and that's supposed to be the tutorial, wow.

Seriously. I didn't like GTA IV at all so I kind of ignored this one, but damn. I think I clocked about 10 hours on it so far and it's great.

is there a way to get Steam to keep downloading my games while I play others? I want to download and play at the same time but it pauses my downloads.

Retne

is there a way to get Steam to keep downloading my games while I play others? I want to download and play at the same time but it pauses my downloads.

Alt+Tab out of the game you're playing and pause then resume your downloads and they will start going again.

BigBoss

So I've been playing Bioshock 2 and for whatever stupid reason 2K got rid of the weapon/plasmid wheel from the original, surely somebody modded it back in. Or am I going to have to switch weapons and plasmids on-the-fly for the rest of the game?

Lkr

so how long do the voting deals usually last? i want to get alan wake, which will probably win, but don't feel like staying up for 30 min

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
5 machines, 10 on the same machine. There's a revoke tool, but there's a limit on the number of revokes too apparantely.

Activation limits on top of existing DRM is already utterly unnecessary, but this takes it to another level.

Lkr

gah fucking gabe found a new way to screw us all over yet again. i'd better get a good price for waiting up(and gods and kings had better go on sale soon)

fuck, LA Noire is winning? i guess its time for bed

btw, i'm torn on AC. I have AA and loved it to death, but I own AC on 360 but haven't got around to it. is AC much better on PC?

feel

Why is Witcher 2 40% off? Is that the daily deal price? Is it gonna drop more, or is this it?
That the regular sale price for it, it was 60% off an hour or two ago on a flash deal. It will probably be back at 60% sometime before this summer sale is over

Retne

Not surprised. Alan Wake was already up on the community vote block so it was really just Amnesia vs. L.A. Noire and these community votes are just popularity contests.

Salsa

Harley Quinn DLC get

debating Gotham City Impostors but I really doubt i'll get good ping on the servers..

also thinking about some other Arkham City DLC but there isnt anything really worth it is it?

Anyone used any of the Arkham City DLC that can let me know if they are worthwhile buying?

Harley Quinn's alright story content for $3ish, but the Robin and Nightwing packs are just different characters to use in the Challenge Rooms (fighting and stealthing). You can't take them into the main game and fly around the city with them. The skins are... skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom