• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Batman AC was easily the best game released last year. As great as AA was AC blows it away! Not a fan of DRM, but as great as AC is the DRM is not an issue. Getting the franchise is a no brainer.

If you don't agree with this post either you hate Batman or are just wrong.

Wads

Banned
How likely is a lower price on Skyrim during this sale? I wouldn't call myself a steam sale veteran. I didn't vote for LA Noire though.

The LA Noire port is poor, but not Saints Row 2 bad. You're not getting a worse game than the console version, let's put it that way. Plus the DLC is discounted, whereas Amnesia has no DLC, and Alan Wake was just on sale 24 hours ago.

So it's not as bad as Bioshock 2 winning its vote, when it has been heavily discounted just about everywhere at this point and is also not a particularly great game.

Mangotron

I bought LA Noire when it was $5 a few weeks ago. It's not a bad port but the 30fps thing bugs me quite a bit. Game's been pretty good so far though, it's basically LA Confidential as a video game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One of my friends is awesome. I've been buying gifts for a lot friends, and he went out of his way to get me a gift of ARMA 2: Combined Forces. Very sweet of him, I am hyped.

Loving this Steam sale not only for the games, but all the games I've been playing. Friends and I have been having crazy fun hours-long sessions of multiplayer games.

shiroryu

My first steam sale participation - Borderlands, Two Worlds II, L4D2. MY BACKLOOGGG...

I voted for LA Noire :shameface...didn't know the port was bad.

zchen

regarding Galactic Civilizations, wasn't there a stardock pack added to the registry? that should mean it becomes a deal at some point.

I'm guessing that the Civ V: Game of the Year edition is the one I want to buy? What DLC's are not included in the GOTY?

(I know this has probably been asked 10 times already)

Having beaten 2 of those (T&B, and QC) and putting half an hour in grimrock just today...

I have no clue what to recommend you people vote for. I enjoy all of them.

This is easily the best community vote yet. All the games are good. Maybe the two 33%'s might turn you off, but they're pretty new still...

Card Boy

Banned
voting Grimrock even though i have. 33% on quantum & that other game is stingy. I want Grimrock to get more support because we need more of these games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Voting Grimmrock because I missed the daily.

Katoki

I'm guessing that the Civ V: Game of the Year edition is the one I want to buy? What DLC's are not included in the GOTY?

(I know this has probably been asked 10 times already)

The Korea something and the Wonders of the Ancient World one and the two come in a combo pack anyway for $1.86.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dead Island yay or nay?

Ryder White DLC yay or nay?

I can't say on the DLC, but if you have friends to play it with, I say yay for Dead Island. I was playing for a few hours today, and while it's far from perfect we actually had an insanely good time for the time we played. A lot of multiplayer goodness fun to be had there. Really large sandbox world that opens up more and more, and so far the variety has been nice with lots to see and do off the beaten path. Fun screwing around in and taking seriously, though a lot of the quests are 'take object to location or go to location for object' quests (some exceptions).

Smash88

Banned
Legends of Grimmrock was already on sale.

Give another game a chance, honestly....

EDIT: Voted for Tiny Big, since some have a lame hard on for some mediocre game.

Tiny & Big is what I want (already got Grimlock earlier) but I probably won't bite even if it wins. Too many other things to play, and it will be a lot cheaper in the winter sale, or some other indie deal before then.

Is Quantum Conundrum any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom