• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dun goofed. I only wanted Batman AC, but I bought the franchise pack as a gift thinking I'd keep AC for myself and be able to give away copies of Asylum and GCI. Turns out, Steam doesn't split up the games in your inventory. Learn from my mistake, GAF!

I guess it's not the worst day of my life. Arkham City with all the DLC was just over $20, and the franchise pack is $24.99. Maybe I'll get around to playing Gotham City Imposters one day.

wilflare

seems I missed Witcher 2.....

thats my punishment for not having a sleep disorder and not being a 24/7 stay indoors nerd with no life I guess

seriously though, the flash sales need to be at least 10 hours so that us with normal sleeping patterns do not miss anything

i had the inkling that i should have bought some as spares for people who may have missed it :/

they need to release one for BlackBerry users as well!

if anyone needs help w gifting, do holler!

I already have Civ II, Civ III, and Civ IV and have played the shit out of all of them.

Is it worth it to buy the Civ V complete edition because of the flash deal? Or should I just stick to playing Civ IV when the Civilization bug hits me?

You do not need to be connected to the internet to play Akrham City!

I just tested it.

Harley Quinn's Revenge worth it?

Not for $10 bucks. But, for $3, I'd say if you enjoyed the combat in the game, yes. You get to play as Robin for a bit, so thats... something. It's only a couple hours long and doesn't really add much.

Eusis

Ok, fixed my Arkham City problem by deleting my profile and redownloading it. I THINK the problem is that I changed my credentials, so the profile in the computer expects my email and maybe password to be the same as it was before, but won't update from the web if it isn't yet won't let me log in either. Ergo, I need to delete it then redownload it. A relatively mild problem since saves weren't nuked or anything, but it does remind me once again why I'm sympathetic to people who adamantly refuse to get games with GFWL, even if I'll usually deal with it if I want the game enough.

hitmon

Guess Securom makes it an easy decision with Batman. Now with Witcher 2 overtaking Skyrim, methinks its time for Skyrim to get a good ole 60-75% discount to bring it back to #1.

Levyne

Banned
Hm..computers are weird sometimes. Couple uninstalls and reinstalls and a restart and now I can run Witcher 2 on High with just a couple things unticked (SSAO, Bloom) at 30fps, 1600x900. Plenty playable for me!

Yay!

The game is fucking awesome. You fly around as Batman beating bitches up, that's all that needs to be said really. I really don't get why people seem to have liked it less then the first game. Neither one has the best story, but they're okay and the gameplay is fuck awesome so that balances it out.

If you are at all a fan of Batman, you want it.

Haha damnit you're doing it wrong! I asked for reasons NOT to buy it! In all seriousness it is very tempting but I don't think I will purchase it right now, I've already played the first and did like the combat a lot but I have a good amount of games to play right now already.

elfinke

Dead Island and Batman get. Good stuff. Ummed and ahhed over The Witcher 2, but the combination of it being not quite cheap enough and that I've already bought a handful of games already means that it sits on the sidelines for a little longer.

Haha damnit you're doing it wrong! I asked for reasons NOT to buy it! In all seriousness it is very tempting but I don't think I will purchase it right now, I've already played the first and did like the combat a lot but I have a good amount of games to play right now already.

Christmas sales are right around the corner.

Mrbob

So what's the chances of arkham city going down to 75% off?

No one knows with the community choice specials being new. However, I believe the chances are slim for the summer sale. If you are patient the game may be 75 percent off by the winter sale. Maybe. Batman is a decent selling game.

squid

I already have Civ II, Civ III, and Civ IV and have played the shit out of all of them.

Is it worth it to buy the Civ V complete edition because of the flash deal? Or should I just stick to playing Civ IV when the Civilization bug hits me?

I'd go for it.

Opinion is mixed on Civ V, but I really like it. It has a lot of great changes, and I find it hard to go back to Civ IV now. The 'vanilla' game does feel a bit stripped down and bare compared to Civ IV Complete, so you'll want to get the Gods & Kings expansion if you decide to get V. Well worth it though, it's just as addicting as previous games!

Grinchy

Banned
Ok, I think I'll have to bite on Batman AC. I got AA for $5 a while back and enjoyed it (though I had my small complaints). I think $10 will be worth it for AC.

jph139

Civilization V is the least-Civilization-y of them all. I'd recommend giving it a shot - via the demo if nothing else - but it's definitely simplified compared to past games. I love it, but I'm not a hardcore strategy junkie. If you are, skip it; if not, go right ahead.

kaskade

I find myself wanting to rebuy games I have on console just because they'll look better on PC (plus be in one nicely managed library).

Orayn

$10 Arkham City? At long last!

jbm6cjOsfcFOJL.jpg

TGMIII

No one knows with the community choice specials being new. However, I believe the chances are slim for the summer sale. If you are patient the game may be 75 percent off by the winter sale. Maybe. Batman is a decent selling game.

Yeah that's what I thought, was hoping to hear otherwise really. Might just buy the main game and forget about the costumes and DLC. I already own batman AA GoTY and don't want Gotham city imposters.

ZZMitch

Do you guys think there is any chance Civ 5: Gods and Kings goes lower this sale or should I grab it now?

I am going to get it sometime during this sale, but I am scared it won't go further past 10% off besides now.

Does anyone here only buy games during the Summer/Winter sale? I'm seriously beginning to think it's smart just to not buy any games all year and wait for the sales. Granted, the only game I've bought full price recently was Skyrim which was worth 60 bucks Imo. Some of those pack deals are insane if I didn't already own a lot of the games in them.

Hoplatee

Bought the Batman games. I have no idea what Securom DRM is (Guess it limits your installs?) so if my pc breaks I will just blame that!

Now I am done with deals. Already. No more budget!

Bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for 2.75USD.
Worth it? I don't know anything about it.
You got it for a steal. Definitely worth it. Paid $5 two years ago for it. Combat may take awhile to getting used it. It's a lot of fun. Stopped playing for a little over a year. Came back and picked up right where I left off. Thank you cloud storage!

Exuro

Does anyone here only buy games during the Summer/Winter sale? I'm seriously beginning to think it's smart just to not buy any games all year and wait for the sales. Granted, the only game I've bought full price recently was Skyrim which was worth 60 bucks Imo. Some of those pack deals are insane if I didn't already own a lot of the games in them.
Nah. If a genuinely great game comes out that I'm excited for I'll buy it at launch if I have the time to play it. Most of the games I generally buy during these sales I'd never of bought otherwise.

So what do you guy's think the chance of the monkey island games or analoge: a hate story getting cheaper?

I can't really see them getting flash deals but I could be wrong...

Hellix

Eh, I guess I'll hold off on the Arkham City DLC. Any recommendations for Theatre of War? It seems a little similar to Company of Heroes.

Opinion is mixed on Civ V, but I really like it. It has a lot of great changes, and I find it hard to go back to Civ IV now. The 'vanilla' game does feel a bit stripped down and bare compared to Civ IV Complete, so you'll want to get the Gods & Kings expansion if you decide to get V. Well worth it though, it's just as addicting as previous games!

Oh I thought Gods & Kings was in the Game of the Year Edition...turns out it isn't, and it's not a part of the flash deal either. Hmmmmmm. That makes my decision trickier.

Civilization V is the least-Civilization-y of them all. I'd recommend giving it a shot - via the demo if nothing else - but it's definitely simplified compared to past games. I love it, but I'm not a hardcore strategy junkie. If you are, skip it; if not, go right ahead.

I was never big into the micromanaging aspects of Civilization in the first place. Simplified isn't terribly bad in my opinion. I'm still on the fence, but the deal just started so I've got a few hours to decide I suppose.

Yeah that's what I thought, was hoping to hear otherwise really. Might just buy the main game and forget about the costumes and DLC. I already own batman AA GoTY and don't want Gotham city imposters.

You can't use any of the costumes until you've beaten the game once, and the only really worthwhile DLC is the Harley Quinn one. Robin and Nightwing are just extra characters to use in the Challenge Rooms, you don't get to take them into the main game. They're really poorly implemented, too; Robin and Nightwing have completely different movesets to Batman and Catwoman, but the game only gives you a splash-screen for you to learn the controls from that doesn't actually show you all of their special movies. I enjoyed them, but I absolutely love the combat system in these games.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone get a weird bug where it says in Steam you DON'T have the Wonders of The Ancient World DLC? It does show up in the DLC tab of Civ V.

cHS6k.png

In fact, apparently I've bought it twice before in sales because of this according to my account:

2dlJg.png

And I almost bought it AGAIN.

Edit:

Here it is giving me the option of BUYING it again. I'm not crazy am I? Has the sale claimed my sanity already?

5pG07.png

I have the same problem too. So I count the number of DLC I have to see if I had them all already.

Is it stupid that I want to buy l4d2 even though I'm not into fps?

Save the money for something you want.

the3ye

Can't use the skins until you beat the game. It's dumb.

I'm missing the "You already own Batman Arkham City skins pack" on steam
Hope it's just an error.
But true, beat the game + bonus challenges to get new clothes...ehh stupid idea

I have the same problem too. So I count the number of DLC I have to see if I had them all already.

Save the money for something you want.

I have this with Batman skins pack

Retne

I generally wait for sales on PC titles but I'm a cheap ass penny pincher. It doesn't have to be the summer/winter sale but I generally don't buy at full price unless I'm super hyped which hasn't happened since Portal 2 and I got that for $45.

Karram

Since Batman AC is region locked, can someone please gift me the game plus the Harley Quin's revenge DLC, and in return I can gift any game he wants that is in $15 range ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom