• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

L.A. Noire? I...but...wut
LLShC.gif

Harley Quinn's alright story content for $3ish, but the Robin and Nightwing packs are just different characters to use in the Challenge Rooms (fighting and stealthing). You can't take them into the main game and fly around the city with them. The skins are... skins.

Well that is just plain silly and disappointing. Thanks mate.

Sober

Harley Quinn DLC get

debating Gotham City Impostors but I really doubt i'll get good ping on the servers..

also thinking about some other Arkham City DLC but there isnt anything really worth it is it?
Nightwing and Robin each add combat and predator challenge maps and can play the other ones. They have their own movesets and gadgets but no real tutorial on how to use them.

Challenge Map pack has a endless combat map, a timed score attack map and a predator map in the Batcave, which is pretty fucking awesome to be honest.

inky

Amnesia was in one of the recent Humble Bundles, and Alan Wake was just on sale yesterday, so not surprising.

I also refuse to buy any of the Batman AC DLCs. Buying the game is enough compensation for WB for all the shit they pulled with the game. /minor rant.

Salsa

Nightwing and Robin each add combat and predator challenge maps and can play the other ones. They have their own movesets and gadgets but no real tutorial on how to use them.

Challenge Map pack has a endless combat map, a timed score attack map and a predator map in the Batcave, which is pretty fucking awesome to be honest.

yeah im aware, but I didnt know the specifics of the packs. Might get the challenge map pack then..

I voted for it...
I know nearly all people say is really bad and that is a horrible port, but but the premise and vintage LA, i need to play it at least once...
Dont judge me :(

I really was praying for it not winning so I could save some money and dont feel obliged to buy it. Now i have no choice, im sorry.
(I also had already Alan Wake and Amnesia)

Its the port so bad?, some people here last night were saying is not that bad actually.

HBroward

I also did not receive the Skins Pack for Batman AC, I can purchase it from the store page with no warnings, and it doesn't show up in my dlc tab with all the other content. I trust Valve to get it sorted out though, there seem to have been multiple people affected.

Hasn't L.A. Noire been fixed more or less? I've been playing it all day today and it seemed pretty great. I do seem to recall there were issues when I first bought it but I can't remember what they were.

Had to work tonight and it just happened to span the Witcher 2 sale. Son of a bitch!

Gotham City Imposters seems kind of janky but I didn't think it was bad. It does have some fun stuff like a grappling hook which reminded me of my days playing Dark Forces 2. You earn points and experience to unlock stuff as you level up which works in a carrot on a stick fashion while you are getting your brains bashed in by more experienced players who have those things.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, finally finished dling and installing Witcher 2.

Don't think my computer can handle it, even on low.

Time to start the upgrade

Scoops

Banned
Makes since Noire is a big name commercial game from R* and Alan Wake already had a sale. I'm actually surprised AW got as much as it did considering.

BigBoss

So I've been playing Bioshock 2 and for whatever stupid reason 2K got rid of the weapon/plasmid wheel from the original, surely somebody modded it back in. Or am I going to have to switch weapons and plasmids on-the-fly for the rest of the game?

Reposting for the new page.

justjim89

Damn it! I hate being such an idiot. I get paid tonight, then spend about all of it at the titty bar. I come back and Arkham City is $10, and Civ V is $7.50.

Why am I such an idiot with money? $40 for a naked woman on my lap for 4 minutes.

I has a rage, good fellows. Needed to get that out.

Guys, confession.
I misvoted when Steam was going up and down with high traffic. You know how they change the orders? That was when.

I was the 7%.

I'm glad Valve isn't punishing the community for its own stupidity with these votes.

The big titles that are in a community vote become a flash or daily deal

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Same, but it might become a daily or flash or hidden flash deal. :p

I seriously thought Dead Space was suspenseful (which it is), but Amnesia is like, holy crap suspenseful. Just being out of the light frightens me in that game haha, AND I"M ONLY 10 MINUTES IN. I'm a wuss, go ahead and call me out lol/

BadAss2961

its a shitty port from what everyone has been posting....
Other than the 30fps lock, I had no problems with LA Noire. I used a 360 pad... No glitches, no big dips from 30fps. After just a few minutes of playing, it ran steady enough for me to forget about the framerate.

I liked it, and the city looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom