• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll list some negatives for people.

Tiny and big is really short. Like really short.

QC can get a little long in the tooth. Makes you realize why portal was short. Just lots of repeated puzzles. Not technically the same, but so similar you think they're just a waste of your time.

Grimrock was already a daily, don't vote for it.

Smash88

Banned
Thanks to all those voting Tiny & Big. The game might be short, but the possibilities and awesome fun to be had is something I really want to try out.

That and Quantum Conundrum is essentially Portal 2.3.

None of the Batman AC DLC is actually worth it right? As in story content?
If you love the combat, get the Robin & Nightwing DLC as well as the Challenge Maps. Robin & Nightwing have such different move sets and play styles from Batman and Catwoman. I loved it, but then I'm the fiend attempting flawless combo every challenge.
The Harley DLC is an epilogue to the game, but doesn't really add much to the main story (as pencil thin as it was).

Thanks to all those voting Tiny & Big. The game might be short, but the possibilities and awesome fun to be had is something I really want to try out.

That and Quantum Conundrum is essentially Portal 2.3.

It's more like portal .75

I really liked it, but don't go in expecting portal quallity, you won't get it.

LobLob

Banned
I want Tiny and Big, so i voted for it!! It may only be 33 percent off but that is a good price in my book if it wins.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Tropico 4? Is it good?

Salsa

Heart literally skipped a beat. Steam closed itself and after I tried to relog like 3 times it kept saying "this account doesnt exist"

jesus fucking christ im gonna die one of these days

Artofwar420

GUYS BE CAREFUL. Twice already the store has said I didn't have something when I actually did. Now it happened with Painkiller: Black Edition. It's totally in my library, but it lets me get to the point where I buy it without any "you already have this game" message.

DOUBLE CHECK you don't already have a game.

Smash88

Banned
It's more like portal .75

I really liked it, but don't go in expecting portal quallity, you won't get it.

Oh damn, that's kind of a shame. I'll still get it, but at full price not really wanting it bad enough as Portal 1 and 2 are clearly superior on every level.

Heart literally skipped a beat. Steam closed itself and after I tried to relog like 3 times it kept saying "this account doesnt exist"

Yeah, what would you do without your potato badge. :lol

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Ugh. QC's discount is unremarkable and it has DLC coming so you know you're not even getting the full package unless you blind buy the season pass :/

Voted Tiny & Big, I don't have that much interest in it but I'm way likelier to pick it up at $6.66 than QC at $9.99.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

That's nothing. One time, someone stole my account, and it took two weeks to get back from their abysmally slow customer service.

During that two weeks, there was a Summer sale.

GUYS BE CAREFUL. Twice already the store has said I didn't have something when I actually did. Now it happened with Painkiller: Black Edition. It's totally in my library, but it lets me get to the point where I buy it without any "you already have this game" message.

DOUBLE CHECK you don't already have a game.

PCGAF Problems. Love it. :)

Omikron

If you love the combat, get the Robin & Nightwing DLC as well as the Challenge Maps. Robin & Nightwing have such different move sets and play styles from Batman and Catwoman. I loved it, but then I'm the fiend attempting flawless combo every challenge.
The Harley DLC is an epilogue to the game, but doesn't really add much to the main story (as pencil thin as it was).

Cheers, will stick to just the main game I think. Today is getting expensive with wanting Tropico 4 as well. :p

I was really expecting a 7.50 out of Quantum Conundrum on this sale. I guess 33% will be good enough but feels out of place with these mostly good deals.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyway, does anyone know if Quantum is any good? I watched the video and don't know what the hell is going on, besides that it's kinda like Portal, I guess.

Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom