• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Thanks for the link, but this deal is only available to people living in the US, so my vote goes to Quantum Conundrum. (but I'd probably pick Tiny&Big if the situation was different)

You can use any US adress and buy from amazon downloads from anywhere in the world.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
is there anyway to know the next daily deal set before 1pm est?

im torn between getting arkham city now as my last purchase or seeing what my options will be after 1pm.

benjipwns

Banned

im torn between getting arkham city now as my last purchase or seeing what my options will be after 1pm.
Other than the Indie Bundle, probably unlikely, the first day things were screwed up so sales were starting before they were official.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Other than the Indie Bundle, probably unlikely, the first day things were screwed up so sales were starting before they were official.

someone on gaf posted skyrim being in the sale at 12:50, but i figured at the time that the website had updated quicker than the store or something.

There are always generally recaps at the end, and batman is a good chance to be one of them.

And there is always the next sale.

Xanonano

I looked into it as well and it sounds like it purely remaps m/kb controls. So movement is completely digital, not analog. That's a real bummer for a game like this. Am I wrong? Might just track down the Gamecube versions of the trilogy then.

I've played all three PoP games with a 360 controller and they all definitely supported analog movement. The only one which gave me a problem was Sands of Time where you couldn't run diagonally but I solved it by increasing the sensitivity for the analog sticks. Also in The Two Thrones you can't remap the triggers so you're stuck using them for camera controls.

1-D_FTW

Just proves that democracy is shit.

I think you mean it proves why democracy is best. Your odds of getting a really dumbass ruler as King are really high.

People just need to chill out and accept not everyone owns hundreds of games. Plus, from the looks of it, all of those games being voted on (and lose) probably still have a good chance at being a daily or flash (and if not, will get a daily before the winter holidays).

Tomodachi

The haul so far (Binding of Isaac is actually just the DLC):

rKiRV.jpg

God help me.

Lain

After reading some comments in here and in the official thread about Dead Island, I decided to skip it. I'm sure the deal will come back in the future and maybe it'll be at a lower price, if the price drops in the mean time.

Picked the Batman pack and Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition, though I feel like in the end I'll regre the Two Worlds 2 purchase.

Danj

Same here. I'm expecting Quantum Conundrum to win the poll, since the game had a fair amount of hype leading up to its release due to the developer, and most people aren't going to think to check Amazon and notice that it has the better deal on the game already

Not that much cheaper though, at least for people outside the US - the Amazon one works out to about £5.70 in UK money but by the time you add on the £1.50 international transaction surcharge it'll be more than what the Steam deal will cost.

alba

Little is the new Big
Haul so far:
- Batman Franchise
- Hard Reset: Extended edition
- Renegade Ops (+all DLC)
- Super Street Fighter: All-in Costume Pack
- Trine 2

Could be worse, could be worse.

Dimorphic

I just need to find time to play my games now. I've still got Dawnguard on 360 to play let alone my Steam haul (that's sure to grow). I've played about 3 hours of SRTT though and it is freaking great!

Gaspode_T

Port Royale 3 - pretty darn awesome. It is kind of like Pirates! meets Tropico, which is not a bad thing, the city management is not as complex as Tropico, but there is enough evolution that it doesn't seem boring and not overwhelming either. The graphics are very nice and smooth and music is nice chill out type. Hopefully they pick this one up for a flash deal but if they don't I think it is worth the existing discount price.

The core of these pirates games is kind of buy cheap, sell high, but it is pretty fun and addictive way to kill time.

Updating my list o' purchases:
Legend of Grimrock
Trine 2
Wrath of the Lamb DLC (for Binding of Issac)
Alan Wake (with Collector's Edition DLC)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare.
Frozen Synapse Red (DLC)
Europa Universalis 3 Complete (nicked a code from the Amazon thread)
Ys Origin (gifted to a friend).

So far, the damage has been about £23, which is somewhat worrying considering we're only at day three.

elfinke

After reading some comments in here and in the official thread about Dead Island, I decided to skip it. I'm sure the deal will come back in the future and maybe it'll be at a lower price, if the price drops in the mean time.

Picked the Batman pack and Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition, though I feel like in the end I'll regre the Two Worlds 2 purchase.

I'd been waiting on a sale for it, bought it immediately and have played the crap out of it since. Great game (it was actually a thread from a month or so ago here, where someone related its gameplay to Borderlands that piqued my interest). Using a PS3 controller on the PC is a pleasant match also.

I haven't bought anything yet. Maybe its cos I now have to pay in Euros and most deals don't seem as good as when I lived in UK and Japan. I'm hoping to expand my collection of Adventure games though so hopefully Walking Dead will be a daily and also some older titles like Dreamfall will get further discounts (how is that game still 20 euros when not in a sale??)

Rapstah

Are the uPlay servers down? I am trying to play Heroes 6 that I bought when it was cheap but can't because of an error saying it's down.

DGRE

Banned
Guys, any tips on how to VPN on steam to be able to buy from the US store. I'm in Korea right now but I'm American and it sucks missing out on these sales.

Link Man

Banned
Guys, any tips on how to VPN on steam to be able to buy from the US store. I'm in Korea right now but I'm American and it sucks missing out on these sales.

I believe proxies are frowned upon here. Just ask a US gaffer to gift the game, and repay them with Paypal.

PaulLFC

Since this thread moves so fast, especially when the new sales are up, does anyone think a separate "review the deals" thread would be useful? Then anyone who's played one or more of the daily, community or flash deals on currently can post their impressions of the games to help others decide if they're worth buying. I was thinking a format something like this:

Game name Playtime: Some text about your experience with the game, your thoughts after playing it, and whether you'd recommend it to anyone else interested in the game.

Score (optional)

Game name 2 Playtime: Some text about the second game

etc...

Good idea? Bad idea?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are the uPlay servers down? I am trying to play Heroes 6 that I bought when it was cheap but can't because of an error saying it's down.

Boy it sure is great that Ubisoft brought so much value to the table with uPlay. Sure you can't play your game now, but when the servers come back up you can unlock 4 achievements per game and use them to buy costume skins! That seems like a great tradeoff!

OniShiro

Banned
Since this thread moves so fast, especially when the new sales are up, does anyone think a separate "review the deals" thread would be useful? Then anyone who's played one or more of the daily, community or flash deals on currently can post their impressions of the games to help others decide if they're worth buying. I was thinking a format something like this:

Game name: Some text about your experience with the game, your thoughts after playing it, and whether you'd recommend it to anyone else interested in the game.

Score (optional)

Game name 2: Some text about the second game

etc...

Good idea? Bad idea?
Would love something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom