• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

Neo Member
Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth it at $3.xx?

I played and loved Arkham City, but I have heard bad things about the DLC. It is pretty cheap now though

benjipwns

Banned
Ok, this is the first time i am pissed at the community choice vote. A big fuck you to everyone who voted for grimrock, this shit has been on sale already. I am going to buy Tiny&Big despite people being dumb.
Everybody wins! Community gets more Grimrock to not buy, Tiny and Big developers get an extra $2 from LobLob!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Alan Wake Collection
Trine 2
L4D2

Hopefully ARMA 2 goes 50% off, that'd be good. Other than that, I'm playing it by ear when it comes to the sales. Was going to go with Arkham City DLC but I can wait until it goes cheaper later this year.

ARMA 2 probably won't go more than 25-33% off, I'll predict.

Surprised Grimrock won, as we already had the deal. My budget is almost at its end, but I have successfully managed to get just about every game I really wanted to pick up during the sale. Just a few more to keep my eye out on.

Even though I knew Grimrock would win, it still proves most steam users are dumb.

I wouldn't say that yet. If the game moves to the top of the top sellers then maybe word of mouth from day 1 sales convinced others they needed it. If it doesn't crack the top 5 or so, though, then we're simply seeing more evidence that Democracy Doesn't Work (which strikes fear into my heart about Project Greenlight).

I voted for Grimrock. To me it sends a message to devs that 'hey people like these sort of games and want more of them'... because I do. Hopefully it gets a lot more sales because it deserves it.

Grimrock won the vote? And got half the votes?

ipJacaGyGsKzN.gif

And it seems like I can't connect to Uplay servers....

They have apparently been dead for the last 12 hours. Yay, Ubisoft!

8bit

Knows the Score
I was going to buy Anno 2070, but seems I dodged a bullet on that. Have gone for Tropico 4 instead as I have a building / ruling itch to scratch and CivV isn't doing for me. Would be nice if the download was quicker then 100k.

Was also going to buy Frozen Synapse, but it seems I already own it. Was it in a Humble Bundle or something?

bigace33

Sorry guys, I voted grimrock simply because it had the highest discount. I knew absolutely nothing of the game itself, but had the best intentions of savings my fellow gamers some monies. 8^\

LobLob

Banned
I was going to buy Anno 2070, but seems I dodged a bullet on that. Have gone for Tropico 4 instead as I have a building / ruling itch to scratch and CivV isn't doing for me. Would be nice if the download was quicker then 100k.

Was also going to buy Frozen Synapse, but it seems I already own it. Was it in a Humble Bundle or something?

Can you give impressions of Tropico 4 as soon as you can please, i really want to buy it before it goes off daily deal. I understand if you can't though.

I voted for Grimrock. To me it sends a message to devs that 'hey people like these sort of games and want more of them'... because I do. Hopefully it gets a lot more sales because it deserves it.

Yea and of the list it was the best of the games. Its not about letting other games get turns. Want fair, don't put it to a vote. I'm sure the others will be flash games at some point.

Plus troll voting is fun when you aren't going to buy any of them anyways :)

Firebrand

Arkham City pisses me off. I'd pay 3x times that price if it didn't have that insane limitation on activations. Maybe they'll change it for the upcoming GotY edition, but I'm not holding my breath... I really want to play it though.

benjipwns

Banned
Arkham City pisses me off. I'd pay 3x times that price if it didn't have that insane limitation on activations. Maybe they'll change it for the upcoming GotY edition, but I'm not holding my breath... I really want to play it though.
IIRC, for Asylum they changed it to be even worse on the GOTY version. The original AA you can revoke the licenses and keep them effectively forever.

Aaron

I wouldn't say that yet. If the game moves to the top of the top sellers then maybe word of mouth from day 1 sales convinced others they needed it. If it doesn't crack the top 5 or so, though, then we're simply seeing more evidence that Democracy Doesn't Work (which strikes fear into my heart about Project Greenlight).
Most of the people who voted for it probably already own it, so don't expect much of a sales bump. They don't mind shitting on two other devs for boosting their dev of choice.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They have apparently been dead for the last 12 hours. Yay, Ubisoft!
Well its definitely making sure I never buy a title from them again with their shit in it.

And the funny thing is that it says nothing about using it on the From Dust page, nor on Giant Bomb's page is it listing that it uses this shit.

Fireblend

Banned
What's with the LA Noire hate? I've been playing it for the last couple of months (I'm a slow player) and I can't really see any fault on the PC version of the game.

Most of the people who voted for it probably already own it, so don't expect much of a sales bump. They don't mind shitting on two other devs for boosting their dev of choice.

Yeah, perhaps. I do hope your wrong though (and I also hope Tiny & Big and Quantum Conundrum get flash deals).

So I bought just the Civ IV complete edition since I'm giving away my physical copy, but I find out that it apparently has the Mac version as well. Is there a way I can remove this from my Steam window? My OC-ness does not want anything uninstalled in there. or does this disappear when I install my copy?

Strage.... I am not ablet to send messages through Steam for users that are not on my friend list???

I am trying to contact some of the users that offered help in the first page, but steam do let me. I can message only friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom