• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the L.A Noir DLC worth buying with the game? At $4, the full game is a straight up impulse buy for me, I'm wondering if the DLC adds anything meaningful to the experience.
I say it's worth it if you like the game. The cases are fully fleshed out and just add more to the game. The thing is they don't dramatically change the game so it's just more of the same.

TP17

Decided against buying Dead Island in the end, but did buy Orcs Must Die and Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - the former a game I've been planning to get for a while the latter one I'm not sure if it's going to be my cup of tea but at that price and after hearing all the good stuff about it over the years, decided I'd give it a try.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So like... Fallout: New Vegas... can you turn the DLC on and off? Because I kinda wanna get the Ultimate Edition when it inevitably goes on sale, but don't want the DLC that just gives you extra items, because that's for noobz, duh.

Enco

Cool. Thanks. I've been hearing good stuff about Old World Blues and Lonesome Road so I guess I'll pick those up.
It isn't on sale yet is it?

I'm not one to tell people to wait for flash/dailies but in this instance I would wait. I'm sure it'll go on sale for a lot cheaper than it is now (at least the complete pack).

legacyzero

Banned
So like... Fallout: New Vegas... can you turn the DLC on and off? Because I kinda wanna get the Ultimate Edition when it inevitably goes on sale, but don't want the DLC that just gives you extra items, because that's for noobz, duh.
I think the DLC unlocks new items in the game, but you have to purchase them anyway IIRC. It's been a while since I've finished the game.

The emulator used is supposedly a tweaked version of Kega Fusion. So not as good as M2, better than Backbone. Probably acceptable in quality to the vast majority of people, especially since you're mentioning non-action games.

But the games/packs have been MUCH cheaper, so the deals aren't as great as you seem to think.
Fair warning, I'm probably salty because I was thinking about Shining in the Darkness for $0.75/Classics 4 for $1.87 and don't think it's gonna get there this time around.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info.

I don't think I'm going to freak out over a couple of dollars though. Sega Classics 4 is $4.50 and comes with like a dozen games, half of which are pretty highly regarded. I'll probably wait until the last day to see if anything goes super cheap, though.

nashb81

Neo Member
It isn't on sale yet is it?

I'm not one to tell people to wait for flash/dailies but in this instance I would wait. I'm sure it'll go on sale for a lot cheaper than it is now (at least the complete pack).

I actually can't see the listing thanks to Steam's region restrictions. Was going to ask a cousin to gift it to me but if you feel it's not worth the money, I may have to rethink the purchase.

Erethian

There are ways to prevent the DLC from automatically loading, yeah. You have to move some files around though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
There are ways to prevent the DLC from automatically loading, yeah. You have to move some files around though.

Lol, yeaaaah, never mind, then. I've already got the regular edition and the DLC I wanted... but I thought it might be cool to have it say "ULTIMATE EDITION," like I'm a true baller. Perhaps not.

I thought it was a complete pile of shit port on PC?

Sinked 25 hours in the game, and will replay it some time in the future. If you only listen to people with higher than the sky quality standards, 3/4 of the games released every year are not worth playing at all.

That's not to say LA Noire does everything good, nor that it does not have faults. But it is still enjoyable.

Sometimes credit or debit cards get blocked, especially if you're doing a lot of little transactions.

Not everyone pays with credit or debit, and PayPal fucks up plenty. Not just transaction errors: some dude earlier in the thread said it took three days for him to get funds from his bank account into his PP account. (Think of how many sales you'd be missing this time around!)

To further this. I'm not home currently and was trying to use Paypal from the iOS app when Paypal decided that it wanted to verify my shit. It asked for account num, debit card num, and then wanted to call me to verify. All because I had made numerous purchases in the last few days. It was frustrating.

chixdiggit

Best of luck to everybody buying Batman AC. I bought it at launch and still can't get past the first 10 minutes of the game before it crashes. Only game in my collection that doesn't run for me.

I assume it is possible to gift an ammount on the Steam Wallet, right?

So anyone in US can buy and gift me the Batman Bundle? Half of the AC DLC is not available in my region for some reason, and the price here is the same.

Quoting me. Anyone already awaked in US that can help to buy the Batman Bundle?

I can pay by putting funds in your Steam Wallet or Paypal (the later add fees to me, so if it is possible to use the Steam Wallet it would be better).

Drop me a message.

Only 3 hours to the end of the deal.... Sunday morning in US.... I do not think I will get it :-(

Kipe

Quoting me. Anyone already awaked in US that can help to buy the Batman Bundle?

I can pay by putting funds in your Steam Wallet or Paypal (the later add fees to me, so if it is possible to use the Steam Wallet it would be better).

Drop me a message.

Only 3 hours to the end of the deal.... Sunday morning in US.... I do not think I will get it :-(

Info about helping with purchases is on the first page and wilflare is offering to help on the current page.

BeesEight

Or you can run a mod manager. Fallout Mod Manager is perhaps the best and I'm pretty sure it covers the DLC as well.

Was almost tempted by that Batman flash sale until I realized that Arkham City is only at 66% off. Hah, nice try but I'll wait for the winter sale and a deeper cut.

But I've already spent $30 on this sale. We've barely started and I've already gone over budget. :(

Or you can run a mod manager. Fallout Mod Manager is perhaps the best and I'm pretty sure it covers the DLC as well.

Was almost tempted by that Batman flash sale until I realized that Arkham City is only at 66% off. Hah, nice try but I'll wait for the winter sale and a deeper cut.

But I've already spent $30 on this sale. We've barely started and I've already gone over budget. :(

I think Nexus Mod Manager "NMM" replaced the Fallout Mod Manager "FOMM" at the moment.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I don't have any hope Tiny & Big will win this vote, but maybe it'll end up in a flash deal (and QUBE too dammit)

The only easy to predict vote thus far has been Trine 2

Erethian

The mod manager will let you pick data files, but the DLC uses a NAM file to tell New Vegas to automatically load the ESPs/ESMs no matter what. And I'm not sure whether FMM/NMM disables those.

Okay, there is no way I can pass up Arkham City at $10.19
RVyP9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom