• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

I think Nexus Mod Manager "NMM" replaced the Fallout Mod Manager "FOMM" at the moment.

Ah, well that shows you the last time I played the game. I really need to try out the DLC.

The mod manager will let you pick data files, but the DLC uses a NAM file to tell New Vegas to automatically load the ESPs/ESMs no matter what. And I'm not sure whether FMM/NMM disables those.

I just loaded up FMM and it had the Caravan Pack as an option to disable.

Arksy

Sorry GAF. I think I'm done.

- BoI: WoTL
- Legend of Grimrock
- Alan Wake Franchise
- Space Marine + DLC
- Ys: Origins
- L.A. Noire
- Trine 2

That should do me plenty for a few weeks. Will buy ArmA II if it goes on sale. The Ubisoft pack is tempting me though.

Sorry GAF. I think I'm done.

- BoI: WoTL
- Legend of Grimrock
- Alan Wake Franchise
- Space Marine + DLC
- Ys: Origins
- L.A. Noire
- Trine 2

That should do me plenty for a few weeks. Will buy ArmA II if it goes on sale. The Ubisoft pack is tempting me though.

Don't be sorry, that's plenty haha. I'm just glad to see that Ys in there.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Have this weird bug after buying Civ IV Complete. In my library list Civ IV, Beyond the Sword and Warlords have duplicate entries and the duplicates all say that the game is not available on your present platform.

Fake Edit: Just realised they could be Mac copies right?

Have this weird bug after buying Civ IV Complete. In my library list Civ IV, Beyond the Sword and Warlords have duplicate entries and the duplicates all say that the game is not available on your present platform.

Correct, it's annoying.

graywolf323

yep which really flares up my OCD

BeesEight

Yes, they're the Mac copies.

Arksy

Don't be sorry, that's plenty haha. I'm just glad to see that Ys in there.

Haha. If I find more games with an engaging plot I'll bite. I just really want to play games with a rock solid storyline at the moment, hence Alan Wake/L.A Noire. Problem is that games with good engaging stories are few and far between. :(

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
yep which really flares up my OCD

Yes, they're the Mac copies.

Thanks a lot...Now I have to come up with some category name to shove them into...

Grimrock won the vote.

I thought most people would have bought it already. Such a mystery ( a lesser one than L.A. Noire winning the last one).

60 IS A BIGGER NUMBER THAN 33 HERP DERP

=/

I guess the larger discount wins.

I have that too and I presume the bolded part is the reason why.

Also, I'm going to add another €25 :(. I'm weak :(.

Erethian

I just loaded up FMM and it had the Caravan Pack as an option to disable.

You can disable them in FMM/NMM. What I mean is that it won't matter because the NAM file for an ESP/ESM will override any choices you make in the mod manager and load it anyway. Which is why you also have to delete the NAM file or move it outside the data folder if you don't want the DLC to load when you deselect it.

50% Grimrock...Bleh - I wasn't buying anything regardless of what won but Really...really? I guess people bought it liked it and wanted their friends to buy it cause I mean it was a DAILY DEAL not 2 days ago.

Wasn't Grimrock a daily deal already?

Yes, day 1. Maybe a lot of people missed it though? It's definitely a great game, and everyone should pick it up.

Also, was this the first community vote where a game got over 50%? I guess a lot of people still wanted to buy it!

Categories, Mr. Graywolf.

Doesn't help if you like grid view. Custom images can help if you change the Mac copy to one with a Mac logo. I think someone posted those but I can't find them now :(

Alan Wake Collection
Trine 2
L4D2

Hopefully ARMA 2 goes 50% off, that'd be good. Other than that, I'm playing it by ear when it comes to the sales. Was going to go with Arkham City DLC but I can wait until it goes cheaper later this year.

LobLob

Banned
Ok, this is the first time i am pissed at the community choice vote. A big fuck you to everyone who voted for grimrock, this shit has been on sale already. I am going to buy Tiny&Big despite people being dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom