• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both. Friend and I have been going back and forth all day.

I am too. I'm not even sure why, but from what I saw of my mate play it once it looked kind of fun just because it's "bad". Or at least it looked like one of those sorts of things. Really don't know what to do :/ lol

Somewhat tempted by The Walking Dead, but again, I don't really know why. It looks interesting but every time I play one of Telltale's games, I get bored after the first episode :/

hitmon

Well nothing for me today. Now that Skyrim is going off the daily in 10 hours or so, here's hoping it ends up in a flash sale.

MechaX

great and has godly online coop

Good to hear. I'm probably definitely going to end up buying the franchise pack for $4.99 (man, and just to think, the games are probably for full price still on the console versions).

Is there anything of note included in the Trine 2 collector's edition?

WAT?

wCldC.png

Why are you complaining?

You can save $170

I think Steam is trying to show us coupons are mostly useless in its own way by putting Serious Sam 3 on sale and keeping the coupon disabled.

Atruvius

So is the Walking Dead worth it if I've never seen an episode of the show or read an issue of the comic?

Yes! I played the first episode before reading the comic and had only watched one episode of the TV show. The beating the first episode I ordered The Walking Dead Compendium, which contains 48 issues of the comic.

One of the best games this year.

Alex

Well nothing for me today. Now that Skyrim is going off the daily in 10 hours or so, here's hoping it ends up in a flash sale.

if it does itll be 50 percent again. game is probably too popular to go any lower, its always on the top sellers

benjipwns

Banned
It's not working here. Either a bug or that's how it is. Don't really want it, but I was going to use it just for lulz.

We'll wait and see.
Again, they fixed it after the first day.

What are the chances of Sid Meier's Civilization V - Gods and Kings being a daily deal ?
It was just 25% off as a flash deal, it won't get cheaper than that if Civ V is a daily deal.

Roto13

Never heard of Cities XL but it looks really cool. Tempted to bite.

I can't recommend The Walking Dead enough. First two episodes are out so far and it's fantastic. About as great as a video game adaptation of The Walking Dead could ever hope to be. It captures the spirit of the comic perfectly.

LProtag

Walking Dead probably won't work on my current laptop, but I'm getting a new one soon...

It's funny, all the games I've bought so far won't run on my current laptop (or are barely playable). At least I have an excuse for not playing the games I'm buying!

Awesome, grabbed The Walking Dead and Hitman Blood Money (my first Hitman game, now I'll be able to join the legions of people infuriated by Absolution! :p ).

Would Tropico 4 be the better choice for an inbetween game?

Yes. Play the demo if you aren't sure.

Also for some reason I can't buy The Darkness 2, when I add it to the cart, it says "all games currently in cart" underneath it and purchase is greyed out. Anyone else having this?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Already got most of the DLC for SR3 but will be picking up the ones I"m missing besides bloodsucker which unless im mistaken permanently removes the neck snap animation and swaps it with a weak bite animation.

Protein

Banned
Serious Sam 3 was a great game. The first 'introductory' levels were borderline average at best, but once you muscle through those levels then the game becomes insanely better as you progress. I hadn't had this much fun with a singleplayer FPS in ages. I had 'gaming fatigue' just from the relentless waves of enemies and sheer amount of skill you must apply to survive, mind you, rather than the usual gaming fatigue you receive from being bored from a repetitive game. Game is a solid 8.5/10

plc268

I'm still amazed I've only bought Trine 2 in this sale. I guess my rampant spending in previous sales left me with nothing to buy. And the stuff I am slightly interested in, I can wait for even steeper discounts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom