• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how good is Mount and Blade exactly? Snagged Warband from the Amazon thread, and I was intrigued before, but I don't know if I'll necessarily like it.

The Napoleonic Wars DLC really necessary for MP? I'm hesitant since I don't know when I'll even get around to playing the game, let alone the multiplayer.

Stick to Warband.

I still can't cast a successful vote... anyone else having this problem?

bigace33

I've heard The Walking Dead has similarities with Alpha Protocol...how much similar is it? I don't really like adventure games, but I'd be down for some choices & consequences.

Probably just the dialog options. They have a timer and you have only so much time to respond. That's about the only thing I can think of that's like Alpha Protocol.

Unicorn

Fucking, this Steam sale is hitting harder than any other.

I'll have to tally up the damage later, I don't want to think about it. But, let it be known I'm now going to have to put my CC info in as I have run out of my "spending" money debit account. Can't dip into my "Bill Paying" debit account...

This is logical....right... RIGHT?!!?

oneils

What do people think of cities xl 2012? I'm interested in trying a builder type game. Would this be the one to try out?

anddo0

So far today:

Batman+Harley Quinn DLC
Q.U.B.E.
Trine 2 (got for free on PS3, but it looks and runs better on PC).

I'm considering The Walking Dead. But I'm already playing it on PS3.

Roto13

What's so good about The Walking Dead anyway? Honest question.

It makes you make choices you're uncomfortable with. You'll think ahead and say "Well, if I have the chance to do X, I'll totally do it, because fuck that guy" and then X comes and you can't bring yourself to do it, because it's dark and grim and you're not that kind of person really.

Not a lot of games can guilt me out of doing things.

neoism

Limited "loot" if you even call it that, no leveling, linear, more emphasis on the unique spell casting system, friendly-fire enabled co-op, and humour.

I have to say the game is still as unstable as ever. Sometimes it'll work fine for a while but then it can crash constantly some other time. They did add better story checkpoints so that sort of helps. Not the most optimized game either. If you willing to stomach those issues and have some friends to play with, it can be very enjoyable.

played an hour of it fine really loved it fucking hate myself for not getting the franchise..... I did repair on the install.... worked great. really wish steam would just let me gift the main game from the pack and me take the dlc.... o'well That's ... 0-2 for me today. bought AC costumes and I have to beat the whole game again to use it. that is fucked up if it costs money NO unlock should be required...... :/

inky

opinions on Microsoft Flight and if the entire pack is worth it or just parts of it?

I only have tried the Hawaiian adventure pack (it's OK, will last you anything from 15 to 50+ hrs.), so can't comment on the Alaska one, but you pretty much need one of these two to get missions and stuff. The Hawaiian adventure pack includes a couple of planes iirc. I like the P-51 for the acrobatic challenges and because it's awesome (though it is not needed) and the Maule is alright, and pretty much your default cargo/passenger mission aircraft. Haven't tried the other planes, but I know none of them have cockpit view if that is important to you.

Hope this helps.

Killing Floor is my favorite game pretty much ever, so I bought two extra copies to give out. To qualify post a screen shot of your L4D2 playing time of over 100 hours, as Killing Floor is good upgrade to L4D2 and I know you'll probably like it. Post your steam profile link on here so I can give them out.

I want to give it to people who are actually going to play and enjoy it, so I might wait a couple pages for people to lay it all out as to why they want it. I choose the winners.

I also have a -75% off SS3 coupon that doesn't stack if anyone wants this piece of trash, first person to post steam profile gets it.

Thanks

awesomedeal.png

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

dreamfall

I kind of am hoping that Alpha Protocol and Dead Rising 2 go further on sale... Will probably double dip on The Darkness 2 (although I really wish the first game was out on PC :!) and may bite on Dead Island.

Madouu

If you get remotely motion sick, or like, don't get motion sick but have trouble reading in a car, I wouldn't get this game.

Otherwise, it has issues, but you might like it if you can look past a lot of glaring flaws.

I just wanted to thank you for this post as I was very close to buy Dead Island right before the sale ended. Motion sickness is quite the issue for me and I've wasted quite a few dollars on games I was excited to play but realized I couldn't play afterwards.

Mount & Blade is another game I would warn anyone with motion sickness issues about.

So how good is Mount and Blade exactly? Snagged Warband from the Amazon thread, and I was intrigued before, but I don't know if I'll necessarily like it.

The Napoleonic Wars DLC really necessary for MP? I'm hesitant since I don't know when I'll even get around to playing the game, let alone the multiplayer.

Mount and Blade Warband is a very good game and has a pretty unique and active modding & online community. Napoleonic is a lot of fun even if it is only MP and it is easier to get into than the base MP. Fire and sword is not generally liked. Even if you don't get Napoleonic there are tons of free mods but Napoleonic is fairly active.

JordanKZ

I didn't think this sale would offer me much I'd want. Day 4. I buy £20 worth of games (Darkness II and The Walking Dead.)

It took 4 days longer than normal, but they got me :(

My $50 is gone. Went to Gamestop and traded in 3 PS3 games and 1 Vita game and got $80. Got a $50 Steam Card and $30 went towards Guild Wars 2. Then with my Steam Wallet I got:

Frozen Synapse
Batman AC
Microsoft Flight Bundle
Wings of Prey
Saints Row The Third
Q.U.B.E

Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom