• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont need it, but Serious Sam 3 looks very very fun. Have enjoyed past editions. If only it was a tad lower. Will think about it, will probably break, soon even.

hiryu

I need opinions on what SR3 dlc is worth buying. I just got the game and was surprised by how much I like it.

Oh and I picked up The Walking Dead as well. Just need Rage and I'm done.

what's a vendetta mode?

Durin the campaign some things happen that you're told about. Example is the main char sends people out to find and bring someone back. Vendetta mode you play as one of 4 people who have darkness powers as well and complete the side missions talked about in the campaign mode. On topof that there are also hit lists which are like mini run n gun missions. Vendetta mode can be played co op online or solo.

Herla

I've heard The Walking Dead has similarities with Alpha Protocol...how much similar is it? I don't really like adventure games, but I'd be down for some choices & consequences.

Lain

I'd be mostly only interested on the Saint's Row The Third DLC... someone please talk me out of it by detailing why I shouldn't get the DLC for SRTT.

Megasoum

Banned
Quick question... I just noticed that I have both "DOTA 2" and "DOTA 2 Test" in my library. I never played DOTA so I don't really care in the end but will the test one go away at some point? I hate to have "test" games with no images in my grid view (I know I can use custom images but whatever).

Kabouter

I'm on the fence with Hitman blood money and Mont&Blade....what do you think guys?

I don't know about M&B but Hitman Blood Money is a really fun game, a lot of creativity is involved in how you complete a mission and each mission is pretty different. I would definitely suggest it, and you really can't lose out at the price it is at.

I don't see one

no idea

fSL3Y.png

So how good is Mount and Blade exactly? Snagged Warband from the Amazon thread, and I was intrigued before, but I don't know if I'll necessarily like it.

The Napoleonic Wars DLC really necessary for MP? I'm hesitant since I don't know when I'll even get around to playing the game, let alone the multiplayer.

During this sale, yes. But it will likely be cheaper during the holiday sale later this year.

If you are unsure or don't have a lot of time to invest in Skyrim I would wait until next holiday, as by then the mods will have taken the game to truly amazing places.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that after a year of modding Skyrim will be the best WRPG experience of all time. The engine is there, the mechanics are there, it's going to truly be something special. Hell, it already is.

LuuKyK

Couldn't resist on that Trine 2 deal. I mean, 3,74? lol

Also, does anyone recommend Cities XL for 9,99? I wanted Anno 2070 but I missed it and now it is 20 bucks again. :/

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
is anybody doing a 4 pack of serious sam 3? i'd like to hop on 1 if that's the case. it's actually cheaper to get this game at the 4 pack price and getting the deluxe edition upgrade than to buy the deluxe edition out right.

mrgone

So let's say I REALLY love Morrowind.

How's Mount & Blade?

They have very little in common. Mount & Blade is about large scale mounted combat, mostly. And some light kingdom management stuff. It's actually closer to Sid Meier's Pirates (without the minigames) than Morrowind, if that does anything for you

derFeef

I've heard The Walking Dead has similarities with Alpha Protocol...how much similar is it? I don't really like adventure games, but I'd be down for some choices & consequences.

The choices and consequences are gut-wrenching sometimes, really appreciate that your decisions are still relevant in the second episode. So good.

Also it's not much of an adventure game, more like an interactive story.

KingKong

hmm bought Trine 2 and QUBE, thinking about Walking Dead but I'd rather wait for all the episodes to be released and play through all of it for even cheaper

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Definitely not. Fire & Sword and regular Mount & Blade are not worth playing if you have Warband.

I'm not going to convince you not to buy it. I'm going to convince you to buy it.

Looking at it, for me, I would buy Warband and the 2.49 DLC which would be 7.49. I figure for a dollar more, I could have the entirety of it but I'm on the fence about anything still. I feel like QUBE is good enough for me now until new flash deals or more research. And I'm still eyeing Two Worlds II.

... how do i do that? Sorry for being a noob

I haven't played Borderlands on PC, but if it's not in the visual options, then you have to force it in the Nvidia control panel.

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> Borderlands -> Vertical Sync at the bottom of the scroll list -> On

Quick question... I just noticed that I have both "DOTA 2" and "DOTA 2 Test" in my library. I never played DOTA so I don't really care in the end but will the test one go away at some point? I hate to have "test" games with no images in my grid view (I know I can use custom images but whatever).

Probably when they release. At the moment they have an update every week, and that'll be available on the test client a little earlier.

PaulLFC

Oh wow... they raised the price of Darkness II before the discount - to £39.99. WTF 2K. Doesn't matter as much to me as I already got it thanks to wilflare, but it sucks for anyone else wanting it.

Kabouter

So how good is Mount and Blade exactly? Snagged Warband from the Amazon thread, and I was intrigued before, but I don't know if I'll necessarily like it.

The Napoleonic Wars DLC really necessary for MP? I'm hesitant since I don't know when I'll even get around to playing the game, let alone the multiplayer.

Napoleonic Wars is supposedly worth it if you play MP, I don't. But Mount & Blade: Warband is a great game. Combat is a lot of fun, so is capturing a city and declaring your own independent nation and then building it up. Game is best with some mods installed, and the mod community definitely stepped up for M&B: Warband.

Looking at it, for me, I would buy Warband and the 2.49 DLC which would be 7.49. I figure for a dollar more, I could have the entirety of it but I'm on the fence about anything still. I feel like QUBE is good enough for me now until new flash deals or more research. And I'm still eyeing Two Worlds II.

The extra dollar would be a wasted dollar. There is no value in the complete pack that that $7.49 does not give you. With Fire & Sword is mediocre at best and not worth playing, Warband is an improved version of the original M&B, which makes the original not worth playing.

Megasoum

Banned
How long is TWD?

I heard it's very short. If it's under 6 hours I don't see it being worth the price.

Huh it's 5 episodes and only the first 2 are out for now so nobody know how long the full season will be... So far is 2-3 hours per episodes.

Edit: Dammit, beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom