• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Why should I even care for the flash sales and community votings if they'll all show up as reused Dailes with the exact same price point anyway? This sale is so boooring :/

That's what I was thinking. At least five others games I was anticipating should've shown up but they keep repeating em. Its my first steam sale but I thought they do a recap of sales at the end? Bring new games plz steam.

All right, this is kind of an odd request, but I have a question for people who:

1.) Loved Morrowind
2.) Thought Oblivion was awful
3.) Thought Fallout 3 was kind of mediocre
4.) Loved Fallout: New Vegas

How's Skyrim?
You should try Risen 1 or Gothic 2. They're much better designed than Bethesdas recent games.
No way! Serious Sam 3 is what Duke Nukem Forever SHOULD have been but wasn't!

Not at all. Serious Sam 3 is one of the best FPS in recent times but it doesn't hold a candle to Duke 3D. The level design and interactivity in Duke 3D is miles ahead of most shooters.

JordanKZ

Well... The walking dead simply doesn't load. Awesome.

I've tried all the workarounds people have suggested and none of them work. :-/

EDIT: turns out it's just flat out incompatible with Windows 8 CP. Urghhh...

Tomodachi

Somebody sell me on Blood Money.

BTW never played a single Hitman, I'm afraid I'll have trouble following the storyline (is there even one?) just like for Splinter Cell Conviction.

Raknar

Neo Member
Was just about to buy SR3 then I starting reading about performance issues. Has anyone here been running it reasonably on a 5850 or a similar card?

He said DNF, not Duke3D. ;)
Well DNF should have been a follow-up to Duke3D. Sadly it didn't turn out that way :(
Hard Reset is better if you don't have it already.

I thought Hard Reset was pretty dissapointing. Bad, linear level design and lame secrets. Restrictive movement with lots of invisible walls everywhere and the weapon system was a bit clunky. It was an okay game but I enjoyed Serious Sam 3 more.

Fireblend

Banned
Why should I even care for the flash sales and community votings if they'll all show up as reused Dailes with the exact same price point anyway? This sale is so boooring :/

Yeah! It's not like what we're buying can be used to entertain ourselves! How am I supposed to have fun? Come on Steam, wtf.

You should try Risen 1 or Gothic 2. They're much better designed than Bethesdas recent games.

Not at all. Serious Sam 3 is one of the best FPS in recent times but it doesn't hold a candle to Duke 3D. The level design and interactivity in Duke 3D is miles ahead of most shooters.

Agreed, played through it all last month, for a game so many people remember for being dumb it has very start level design.

The fact that as you explore you find ways of blowing up, or moving bits of the level to shorted your route, they knew players would get lost but made sure to put those in to make exploration rewarding and a task that quickens the more it's done.

tjohn86

iPUxSe1qyygBw.gif

LTTP on this.. but I lold

A little bummed, set left4dead 2 to download overnight and expected to wake up and jump into a game with my friends. Woke up to find that Windows did an update and restarted my computer, so I ended up getting logged out and the download paused.

Gonna be a longgg wait with my 190KB/s..

Wunder

So hyped for Walking Dead, played the first two episodes with some friends at a friend's place and really enjoyed it, yet felt like $25 for 5 episodes was too much, since I had just played two episodes. Stupid logic, I know, but with it being $15 today I gladly bought it since now I have the ability to replay episode 1/2 and still get the $5/episode offer.

Tomodachi

Getting acceptable speed from Germany servers (900kb/s), fyi. It's not much but it's better than 0kb/s I was getting with my default server (Italy).

What I have bought:

Portal 1
Portal 2
Hard Reset
Alan Wake
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Serious Sam 3: BFE

All that for 30€! I'm already saving money!

My computer better arrive next week! :mad:

where did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking. This sale has me wanting to get something more dedicated than my 2011 Macbook Pro.

Arksy

SS3 has a some memorable moments plot wise and the last boss is a bit ridiculous where they introduce new game mechanics to fight but apart from that it's a rock solid performance with varied enemies, good gunplay and melee attacks and great co-op support for SIXTEEN PLAYERS AT ONCE!!!! Yes, you heard right 16 player co-op!

Fou-Lu

GAF which you personally choose given the choice? Bastion or Orcs Must Die. I know they're different genres. But opinions??

Bastion because it's my GOTY for 2011, although to be honest a lot of people find the gameplay repetitive. (I didn't) It's got amazing atmosphere.

Orcs Must Die is great, but not GOTY material IMO.

Roto13

Bastion looks and sounds really pretty but doesn't have much else going for it. (That might be all it needs.) No opinion on Orcs Must Die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom