• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakala

Ugh, I hesitated and didn't buy Civ V GOTY when it was 12.50 and now I'm regretting it
LLShC.gif

KingKong

I just started Alan Wake American Nightmare and it's awesome.

I love how different the setting is from the original game and the lighting is much warmer. Also they don't bother setting up stuff, you're right into the action as soon as it starts

Arksy

You guys are an absolutely atrocious influence. I'm going to end up spending over $100 on this sale. I just can't ignore 5+ pages of people hyping TWD and my personal recommendation to Tropico. Damn you GAF, damn you all.

Current expenditure: $75 and I'm still thinking about SRTT, ArmA II and The Witcher 2 :/

KingKong

wasn't trine 2 a flash deal before? what are the chances that the witcher 2 will become a daily deal? also thinking about picking up the microsoft flight bundle

Fairly good I'd say, there's only a handful of big games (Witcher 2, Batman, Skyrim, Saints Row) and one or two of them is always a daily

Katoki

Might be alone here, but i'd go vanilla + maybe some cheap piece like the shark gun

That's pretty adequate honestly. There's so much to do you don't have to worry about DLC unless you're concerned that you might play it so much to the point where you'd need the DLC to throw stuff in the game. But that's what the recap day is for though right?

I personally just picked up most if not all of the new outfit packs and that Season Pass DLC. I have no idea where I am in the story but I've basically gotten 95% or so control in every part of the city. Oh, and that FUNTIME! Pack, I need the cannon truck. NEED.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So Saint's Row the Third...

Base game is obviously worth $12.50, but what about the DLC? Is it all so amazing that I need pick the full $25.00 pack? Or should I just pick and choose a few choice pieces of DLC?

Help me, GAF. You're my only hope.

Well I just bought the 12.50 base game and the $5 Season Pass dlc for $17.50 total. Everything else is just things like weapons and clothing. Just get one or two of the other dlc or 4 packs if you really want that. A lot of DLC guns might be fun to have but that much DLC clothing is really superfluous.

goodfella

You guys are an absolutely atrocious influence. I'm going to end up spending over $100 on this sale. I just can't ignore 5+ pages of people hyping TWD and my personal recommendation to Tropico. Damn you GAF, damn you all.

Current expenditure: $75 and I'm still thinking about SRTT, ArmA II and The Witcher 2 :/

Don't think, just do it.

4 games

Trine 2: $3.74
Ys Origen: $7.99
Qube: $3.74
The Walking Dead: $14.99
$30.46 total

Not bad, as far as Steam sales USUALLY go. I'm WELL above the 100 games line thanks to these sales. You newbies are in for a wallet draining treat.

mileS

Awesome day! Hitman Blood Money and Trine 2 without even thinking. Such a good deal. Still haven't finished Trine but damn the second one looks O_O

Already spent more than I thought I would, just so many game. Im going try to keep it under 200 bucks. Wish me luck. We all need it, just too many games to own lol

Katoki

Already spent more than I thought I would, just so many game. Im going try to keep it under 200 bucks. Wish me luck. We all need it, just too many games to own lol

My Steam wallet is draining really quick, though I had to buy a few things for my brother who has no cards or anything so I have physical money but not Steam money anymore.. :/

dani_dc

Witcher 2 was a flash sale (60%) yesterday, and from the looks of it flash sales might also be dailies, so I would wait until the end to see if Witcher 2 sales repeats.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I bought the darkness 4-pack. Pm me if you were on the list.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So can anyone else log into ubisoft's Uplay to play your newly bought games? It says it's down to me.

Sianos

My verdict on Blood Money is a most likely buy, but I'll wait until tomorrow in case a sleeper hit surprises me before then.

I'm really hoping for a bundle with a good price on Fallout 3 + New Vegas Ultimate. I probably wont be able to afford it though, so I'd just be happy with a good price on either of those games.

Well I just bought the 12.50 base game and the $5 Season Pass dlc for $17.50 total. Everything else is just things like weapons and clothing. Just get one or two of the other dlc or 4 packs if you really want that. A lot of DLC guns might be fun to have but that much DLC clothing is really superfluous.

This seems to be the best answer, thanks!

Pimpbaa

Don't get the bloodsucker pack it'll change the neck snapping animation to some stupid biting one. Also besides Z style and bloodsucker, Warrior and Explosive Combat come in 4 pack with other dlc and it's cheaper overall to get them vs buying separately.

So which packs do you need to get to get everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom