• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorn.

This sale is killing me, I set myself a limit of 50€, so far I've spent 72,50 and it's only day 4. I got everything on my list though except for Skyrim.

Danj

This sale is killing me, I set myself a limit of 50€, so far I've spent 72,50 and it's only day 4. I got everything on my list though except for Skyrim.

Yeah I gotta admit I blew through my limit also. It's fine though, what better use for money from my Entertainments budget than buying games, right? Right?

EDIT: just so we're clear, I'm talking about my own personal budgeting, I'm not embezzling from my workplace or something :)

Rats! Getting CTDs at the same spot in Skyrim. Bleak Falls Barrow, just a few paces past the first set of bandits. Running the mod collection Graphics and Sounds +++; anyone else having issues?

Arksy

Damn glad I didn't impulse buy Cities XL, the trailer makes it look amazing though.

It definitely had some potential but it was so badly optimised (read: it only ever used a single core) and the devs so badly alienated their modding community that it all collapsed.

I know its not a simulator, but I still like that MS Flight has checklists for everything, and they are super easy to follow too, with indicaters for which switch is next and automated moving onto the next step and the ability to bring up the checklist at anytime. Very cool. Planes without cockpits are very not cool though. Don't get those.

I've satisfied another on my wishlist with Alaska Wilderness pack for that game.

The 3 things worth getting are the Alaska DLC, the Hawaii DLC and the Maule (for cargo missions and stuff). Adding the individual prices of those comes out to exactly the same as buying the entire pack, so I just went ahead and got everything.

The cockpit on the Maule looks pretty sweet
8E1E6C141D3E5791F7BB600F504C430968EFE841

mileS

I really want to get Saints Row the Third but i'm worried they didn't fix the terrible performance I heard it had with AMD cards. Overall this has been an awesome day of sales.

Mr. F

Banned
Hitman: Blood Money is an absolute steal. About to pull the trigger on that and Magicka, I think.

Edit: How are the PC controls for Blood Money? I think I remember a friend saying it was a bit complicated but I can't exactly recall.

The 3 things worth getting are the Alaska DLC, the Hawaii DLC and the Maule (for cargo missions and stuff). Adding the individual prices of those comes out to exactly the same as buying the entire pack, so I just went ahead and got everything.

The cockpit on the Maule looks pretty sweet

Some of the planes don't have cockpits remember that. Lazy as hell.

goodfella

The Waking Dead is a must buy. Not only is the game amazing and different, but being able to talk about it with others like you would a TV show is amazing.

You might will miss out by waiting to the end to buy it.

(Hitman and Saints row are also fantastic deals.)

Juice

Man, I really hope we see some more indie adventure games show up. None of my wish list has flash-dealed or had a decent bundle deal yet :-(

Took me five hours to beat the single player campaign on normal, haven't touched the coop. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the game but the ending is total sequel bait. I hope Digital Extremes gets to make that sequel.

They probably won't. The game was a flop IIRC. I enjoyed the game thoroughly but that cliffhanger left a bad taste at the end.

Downloading The Darkness II demo right now. It's not a nice feeling for me to buy anything over $9.99 during sales, so $12.49 seems like a lot to me. Gotta make sure...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Got everyone's PayPal and I sent out the Darkness II to your email addresses. Let me know via PM if something went wrong or you didn't get it.

Omikaru

The Walking Dead and Hitman Collection for me today. Just waiting on a Binary Domain daily/flash sale and I'm done for the summer.

Binary Domain hasn't been in a flash sale yet, has it?

Does Cities XL online mode work? I remember reading some news about how they shut down the servers due to few people buying the game, but I'm not sure if it was for this one or one of the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom